test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Silence? what the heck with that???

asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was looking for a group as the queue thing takes way too much, and 3 times went in, 3 times we left in 3-4 people because either people left or got d/c.

So i wrote on zone chat LF group for Grey wolf, and lvl. I sent it through only TWICE!!! i noticed after i sent it the second time (and i didn't sent it one after another, i waited like a minute between) that the messages on chat stopped to arrive, so i tried to write something and an error message poped up saing that chat was offline! :eek:

EHHH???? What was that??? I saw people really spamming, flooding the chat and didn't got silenced, why i got silenced? (ofc if was that to happen?!? )

Anyone can tell me what the hell is happening? because if i got muted only for sending twice a looking for group message in the chaos of zone chat and got muted, i'm gonna quit this asap and migrate somewhere else. I'm very very unhappy if the things are like this!
I never ever got muted in any game i played and i did played many, included almost ALL PW games!!
:mad:
Post edited by asakochan on

Comments

• infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you got banned, in a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> chat system
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If he got banned than that is just plain stupid as I have seen way worse stuff going on in the chat especially about religion or peoples nationality.
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wasn't got banned, after few mins i was able to use the chat again, i just got silenced for a while, tho i can't understand why!!
  • lughlavadalughlavada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    i wasn't got banned, after few mins i was able to use the chat again, i just got silenced for a while, tho i can't understand why!!

I can explain this actually.

In 99.9% of modern online games, the chat and voice servers are held on a physically separate server from the actual game. What MOST LIKELY happened is that your internet provider was having trouble on one of the "hops" between you and the chat/voice server, and the connection to the chat server timed out before the packets your client was sending could indicate that you were still connected to it.

Explain-like-I'm-5-version:

Chat server: Game client, is the computer still sending data to the chat server? If I don't hear from you within 3 days I'll automatically assume you no longer need the connection active.

Game client: Chat server, I received your question. I am sending you confirmation that the user is still playing and needs to send and receive data from you. It's on it's way!

However in this situation, the mail got delayed 1 day, so the confirmation took 4 days to arrive. On the third day, the Chat server automatically cleared up the connection, as that is the rule.

When the confirmation letter (the packet, in reality) finally arrives, the connection is already cleared. The client realizes this has happened a few minutes later and re-establishes the connection if it can.

In other words, blame your ISP unless the chat was down for everyone. :P
  • jbrewergamerjbrewergamer Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game uses a ridiculous system where it has a set amount of reports before you are muted. Many people abuse the system by having their friends, or even entire guilds report people that aren't even speaking at all. (I got muted and I was AFK. Probably some griefer guild muted me for laughs.) I had high hopes for this game but.. I think I'm done.
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you had really been chat banned, it would have been a 24hr ban or more. It sounds like you were just having difficulties with the system and weren't actually banned.
    L'sya Raiya
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I noticed some lag issues again on beholder earlier. It's probably no more than lag between you and the chat servers. Which could be the fault of any number of points between you and them.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    no, it was chat silence, fortunately happened only once, i don't chat anymore on zone just to be sure won't happen again wich is lame lol
    I don't trade on chat, i use AH to sell stuff, and for party i just queue up for what i need. For the rest i talk in guild chat or party when i'm in one.
    Happens to lots of ppl to be silenced though.
  • dragonnest87dragonnest87 Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    am being silenced for more then 4 days already for the same issue.I dunno why it stated 0 hours 0 mins 0 sec.
    Even after i filed a ticket, no response was given.
    edited May 2013
    am being silenced for more then 4 days already for the same issue.I dunno why it stated 0 hours 0 mins 0 sec.
    Even after i filed a ticket, no response was given.

wow that's alot! Sorry for you mate...wish i could help you in some way.
    My chat ban was only few hours long and never repeated after.