test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time from publish to active.

samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Foundry
I made a foundry map and published it, 2 minutes later receiving an in-game email saying it was successful but after 20 minutes I can't find it through the foundry search functions, even under the new tab. Can anyone tell me how long it takes before it is active for other people?
Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
Foundry Map: Blacklake District
Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
Post edited by samuraikings on

Comments

• luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in the same situation except I published mine around 3AM and it is now 6PM and still nothing yet for me.

My short code is: NW-DGTN72HYL
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • nezziepooh101nezziepooh101 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you publish work, it takes anywhere from 1-24 hours.

I also published work and found myself confused as to why I couldn't find it.

Just give it time, if it still doesn't show, go back into Foundry and withdraw it and re-publish it, that also works.
    Again you will need to wait 1-24 hours for that re-publish to be visible.

If it still doesn't work, try and get your [zone chat] to have a look, post the code and see if others can see it.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has never taken 1-24 hours lol
    Most publishes take 2-15 minutes.
  • samuraikingssamuraikings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info, I have been using the short code.
    Foundry Name: "Wolframs Last Stand" (@Holythirst)
    Foundry Map: Blacklake District
    Type: Campaign, Story, Dungeon - 5 bosses, 1-2 players
    Current State: Version 2.2 is up. Full release. Try it with code below.

Short Code: NW-DU2BES2WA
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Publishing to their server and being added to the active lists are two different things. Publishing just means the amount of time it takes for it to all be packaged correctly and sent to the location for receiving new/updated foundry content.
  • myranuaamyranuaa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My first Foundry had no problem publishing and being tested by friends yesterday. However, I went in to make some tweaks tonight, then hit publish; it has now been "publishing" for about 2 hours. Is it borked? Or is this now normal tonight since the update?
  • warpactwarpact Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I think it's borked, I tweaked mine after some feedback and has been stuck publishing for some time. Been at least an hour+, and usually it's 5-10 minutes at most.
    NK-Velkyn-tat_zps09ca90e7.png
    Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan.
    Dirty Business, NW-DBU9MXKXW
  • myranuaamyranuaa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warpact wrote: »
    I think it's borked, I tweaked mine after some feedback and has been stuck publishing for some time. Been at least an hour+, and usually it's 5-10 minutes at most.

Yea, 4 hours later...still publishing.
  • giznatgiznat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The foundry is definitely acting funky today, particularly this evening for some reason; I am not sure what's up. In addition to the publishing issue (I too am facing a few hour wait thus far) I've also notice when entering coordinates for detail objects I have to erase the current entry almost 3-4 times before it will let me input the new one; it keeps filling it in with the old one o.0 lol.
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I recommend amputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • talelordtalelord Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I made a foundry map and published it, 2 minutes later receiving an in-game email saying it was successful but after 20 minutes I can't find it through the foundry search functions, even under the new tab. Can anyone tell me how long it takes before it is active for other people?

I haven't even received an email saying it was successfully published. what gives? opening and changing the project doesn't let me publish it again.
  • rellix2rellix2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Published about 10 hours ago and it's still "currently publishing."
  • erixeserixes Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Publishing for about 10 hours as well here from last night. I believe its borked atm. But what I had to do the first time I published my quest is in the review tab after I published it, I had to scroll down till I found it. A pain in the rear but once you do it the first time subscribe to yourself and your able to find everything you made in the subscribed tab.
  • guglugguglug Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Published mine 4 days ago, and stil cant find it ta play or have my friends try it.
  • every1sfavloserevery1sfavloser Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ooo ooo ooo.... I found it! I wasn't having problems with the publish up to a certain point, until I updated some thing's and republished it.. then I started having problems. My fix was simple, I had created a campaign to put my quest's in, and also put in a description for the campaign. Problem was, I also put in a description to my quest.

"but every1sfavloser.. that doesn't say anything at all!!!"

well calm down cuz i'm getting to it.. the problems were the hash-tags in the campaign description. I deleted the campaign hash-tags and my quest magically appeared in the foundry catalog in-game. Now, i'm not sure if it's the overlapping hash-tags between the quest and the campaign, or, the campaign hash-tags all together....

Give it a try!

Shameless Self Promotion-- Check out my quest "Darksun: The Arena" set in the helpless wasteland of Athas. Learn the secrets of Daskinor Goblin Death and his High Templar, The Scorched Dwarf. All while fighting for your life against Athas' fiercest beasts.

Short code: NW-DPJNZ4LWP or type wasteland into the "Review tab's" search bar.