test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deleting Bad Comments

banjinkunbanjinkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 65
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi, I'm guessing many of you out there are getting sick of getting stupid or insulting comments.

I'm a french foundry quest builder and I keep getting bad votes from english speakers because my quest is in French. The most recent is from @bgMyth, saying "fk french ppl". Seriously. Is there no charter against this type of comment ?

I really hope Cryptic can add some kind of control over this, because I do feel offended. :mad:

753843coment.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by banjinkun on

Comments

• tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Report him. That kind of thing is an instant ban, AFAIK.
  • warpactwarpact Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    I can't imagine why someone would play through an entire quest, knowing it was in a different language only to leave feedback like that. I second the notion to report them.
    NK-Velkyn-tat_zps09ca90e7.png
    Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan.
    Dirty Business, NW-DBU9MXKXW
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry about that. I don't know what to tell you. I get 1 star votes with comments from non-english speaking players also.
  • banjinkunbanjinkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Of course, I also got 5 stars from other english speakers, saying thanx for respecting the lore and such things. Just to say I'm not at quarrel with the english community for one comment. :)

I can't find how to report someone. Any clues ?

Thanx for your answers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I apologize for immature players. I agreed, why would he play the whole mission just to leave that comment. Just coming down to, he is immature. Plus, his account name is there. Do you not realize that other players can report you for this. Note: Just like I did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Early Gamer Get the Levels"
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There needs to be a language section...and I too think reviewers should be held accountable for their reviews.

However, in real life... if I look for reviews of a restaurant sometimes you see silly things like, "1STAR - Food was Great, Service was great, I got what I ordered. However, at the parking lot another person scratched my car!" (Hmmmm someone blamed a restaurant for something they could not control and it was not their fault or ability to help?)

It happens. Sadly, if the bad reviews out weigh the good ones... even the unjustified reviews... it can hurt. When I started my first foundry - I stated that it was meant for groups of 2 or 3 with their companions and it was not meant to be soloed. I placed those notes upfront and my into NPC even mentioned it as well. I got about 10 bad reviews early on, 1 and 2 star reviews that stated, "I could not solo it" or "TOO Hard for me to kill by myself." Why should a group foundry be considered bad... if someone could not solo it? :)
  • warpactwarpact Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of languages, not to derail or hijack this thread, but is it possible to port your dialog to other languages? Sure I could probably duplicate my quest and just change out all the dialog. I mean, is it a supported feature? To save out versions for globalization?
    NK-Velkyn-tat_zps09ca90e7.png
    Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan.
    Dirty Business, NW-DBU9MXKXW
  • sundevil3sundevil3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Plus, his account name is there. Do you not realize that other players can report you for this.
    I thought the same thing at first, but the info he posted is publicly available, i.e., anybody in the game can see it. The person he's complaining about intentionally put the information out for the public to see. I don't know if that makes a difference as far as the rule against naming specific players in the forums, but I think it should.
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've played non-English language quests, but you pretty much know you are getting one, it's no big mystery. It just has to be trolling. The only time i leave a bad review on them is if there is some other gameplay issue that wouldn't have been solved even if i knew the language.

I think there should be a report comment option, in cases like this, where it's obviously not an appropriate review or comment.
  • sinamonsinamon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im an English speaking player and can play through the French language quests with the help of my wife who can speak and read French for me. Its like an audio book with its own amusing commentary when I do something dumb. She'll read the dialogue for me and make fun of me all at the same time a wonderful compromise to play through some very well done and thought out quests. I feel sorry for people of the like that post simple minded disrespectful comments like that happened to you. I feel bad for the authors of these quests as well because unfortunately f2p games always seem to bring in some less than stellar people who only find amusement in games by posting such dribble like the one you dealt with because they know there is no real cost to them when it comes to just creating another account to do it again whereas with p2p games such as Rift and WoW they lose a decent chunk of change to create a new account.
  • banjinkunbanjinkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    Thanx for your messages.

I'll probably do an english version of it for you guys. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have someone who keeps playing through one of my quests and dropping the time below 15 minutes and then reviewing it as "****** you!" The quest has over 1k plays so that is quite a feat lol. So now I will go make it longer... again and then wait for him to somehow drop it... again :P
  • nezziepooh101nezziepooh101 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sucks to here that banjinkun.

As tilt42 said report them, it is a temp-perm ban, for talking like that to another player.

As for deleting comments, it comes with the work you do.
    The comments give people an idea of what they're getting themselves into before hand.

I have had a few comments I wished to delete on my own work, but at the same time it helps me improve on what people comment on, when they're not being rude, so it's really a give and take type thing with comments.

If a comment is offensive like you said it was, take it up with a Mod/Admin/GM. I'm sure they will understand and remove it for you.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some people are just unpleasant. I had one review where the player told me he wished nothing less than for me to suffer slowly and painfully from eternal papercuts. As absurd as that imagery is, that kind of thing could get him thrown in jail depending on the country he lives in.
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Heh don't worry about it. I get one star votes from people who say things like "nothing happened"(what does that mean? it's a 20 min average map...) or "I got stuck in a trap. stupid map", like I have control over game bugs.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    Heh don't worry about it. I get one star votes from people who say things like "nothing happened"(what does that mean? it's a 20 min average map...) or "I got stuck in a trap. stupid map", like I have control over game bugs.

Just wanted to point you that you might want to change your signature...
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to point you that you might want to change your signature...

I kinda like my signature, thanks though...
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    I kinda like my signature, thanks though...

All right, as long as it false advertisement and the quest in mention has no magical barrier trapping hordes.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
    edited May 2013
    All right, as long as it false advertisement and the quest in mention has no magical barrier trapping hordes.

Thanks for your concern :)
  • adjuchasbrokkadjuchasbrokk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    banjinkun wrote: »
    Hi, I'm guessing many of you out there are getting sick of getting stupid or insulting comments.

I'm a french foundry quest builder and I keep getting bad votes from english speakers because my quest is in French. The most recent is from @bgMyth, saying "fk french ppl". Seriously. Is there no charter against this type of comment ?

I really hope Cryptic can add some kind of control over this, because I do feel offended. :mad:

I wouldn't be too offended if I were you, only a moron would leave such a comment and the opinions of moronic people have no value.
    Report them for being abusive and request that the offensive comment be removed, that's all you can do really.
    [Foundry Projects]
    The Sunken Castle
    - NW-DEO4EA5XG -
    - A story driven dungeon crawl! -
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that comment is against ToS I do believe, I'd file a ticket. As for comment editorial control: I'm against it. Too controversial a subject. However, because that comment is against ToS I would hope the appropriate management would remove it just the same.

As for comments and ratings in general: the first prerequisite for all Foundry authors is to have a thick skin. :)
  • skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Have to say to the Op I agree there should be a report spam button for us on things like that
    but I would submit a ticket and ask in ticket for such offensive comments to be removed

I don't speak another language, a little a Italian but am rusty I wouldn't go into a map like yours in a language I don't know but appreciate just to the be rude, why some people do no clue, for me it is called respect you can chose the language you want when looking for a foundry if you plan on being rude why bother to play it.

I mean even if the comment was one stating how the content played there is still no reason to be rude. Reviewers should be critical and give constructive feedback but never rude or blatantly offensive like the comment you received OP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THat is lame, and while I would not enjoy your quest being in french so F'N what, french folks need foundries in their language too! I encourage you to ignore the ignorant person and continue with your work fine sir. From what little I could understand from the french review, they like your quests so keep it up my french fried friend!
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • nokturnelnokturnel Member Posts: 173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not defending anyone being anti-french or anything like that, but via Google Translate you can probably add text in both French and English to your quests allowing for more people to be able to enjoy them. I'm sure it won't translate into proper English but you could probably have a friend or someone here on the forums look it over for you if you care about bad grammer.

Then you could either create a French and English version of your quest or just add in the English Dialogue below the French dialogue in a different font color.
    -Protect the Caravan-
    Fun 15-20 Minute Heavy Combat Quest with a difficulty slider. Hand crafted environments and encounters.
    Code: NW-DSVCX8LD4
    Thread URL: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?257391-Protect-the-Caravan
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah well I guess there will be not much of defend to this kind of insult and bad rating issues... Well insult may be somehow punished. but still people can mess up just because they are limited in some way... maybe he wont insult you but he will still give bad rating which will influence your score... It is sad... But people are like that... But for sure we should have some kind of Foundry authors protection in some way... But that is something very hard to deal with... Because of freedom and stuff... But insulting, racism etc are reportable for sure.. question is how intensively Cryptic reacts to this.
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
    edited May 2013
    As for deleting comments, it comes with the work you do.
    The comments give people an idea of what they're getting themselves into before hand.

I have had a few comments I wished to delete on my own work, but at the same time it helps me improve on what people comment on, when they're not being rude, so it's really a give and take type thing with comments.

If a comment is offensive like you said it was, take it up with a Mod/Admin/GM. I'm sure they will understand and remove it for you.

I agree that comments are meant to orient new player and they help us improve our quests, so we must accept the good and the bad. What I would really ask Cryptic is more like a report option on the comments page. So the moderators can delete them themselves if they judge them inappropriate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    Sorry about that. I don't know what to tell you. I get 1 star votes with comments from non-english speaking players also.

The same. Only difference is I can't read their comments as I only know English and a little Spanish. The one star kind of clues me into the gist of it.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
  • levitatemelevitateme Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    I have someone who keeps playing through one of my quests and dropping the time below 15 minutes and then reviewing it as "****** you!" The quest has over 1k plays so that is quite a feat lol. So now I will go make it longer... again and then wait for him to somehow drop it... again :P

Actually, this is a problem too. My first run through the map w/my real char and it was way under 15 mins. Add more content. Now I'm above 15 mins... but I have to wait for the average to move past the 15 minute mark. It'd be great if there was a way to reset *all* of the reviews or at least the play time.
    Currently working on : Shopping Mall Security (NW-xxxxxxxxx)
    Author of the LGBT quest: Alternative Entertainment (NW-DHQPDNBZM)
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Isn't this common behaviour on the internet?
    Khaaaaaaannnnnngggggggg
  • darthannondarthannon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although I fully understand your frustration, and agree that people who cannot keep things clean should be banned, I cannot, for the life of me, understand why people who type as good English as you do chose to make an adventure in a niched language?

My English isn't too great, but I do try. I just think it is a bit sad because I see all these great quests with awesome rating, only to find out they are in german, french, spanish, polish etc. etc. And I cannot play those quests. Why make quests that will only appeal to a minority of the playerbase? /End rant.

Another type of bad comments are things like "dis isnt good xp ****" or "rp sucks" "too much rp" etc. etc. Sure the rating must stay, even if it is a bit unfair to rate 1 star because the quest was an RP quest and you played it though knowing that it was an RP quest only to give it a bad rating for... Being an RP quest. I don't play farm quests, and if I do, I rate them for what they are, and how they measure to what they intend to do. I don't give them bad ratings because there isn't much story, because that would just be stupid. It's like buying a car and then complain that isn't a very good bicycle.