test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crafting looks unfinished!

rasereiamokrasereiamok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I realize they newly released crafting in the last beta. I looked through all of the recipes level 1-20 and I don't really see much worthwhile unless there are ways to get more recipes.

For the most part, it seems the easiest to grind PvP at 60 to get epic gear. Then do epic dungeons.... I was hoping for in this department, such as crafted items that use rare resources that are found in the world (not cash shop).

Maybe they will add on to crafting in the future. :cool:
I'm the #1 MMORPG player in the universe!
Post edited by rasereiamok on

Comments

• demandred1980demandred1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D&D games have never been known for their robust crafting systems.

You should see the one I am working on... but that is not for here.
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Occasionally rare items will show up on the craft list with a timer as to how long you have to start it before it goes away, but really the main reason I end up crafting is simply for the shirt and pants with better stats.

Edit: Well, there was also the fact that some people just rushed the leadership crafting profession with fist fulls of cash to hit 60 in a day..
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4th ed true, but in 3.5 the magic item crafting was very detailed.
  • bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a very weak system. It looks like a system that was put in place in about a day. Nowhere close to the quality of other parts of the game.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    There are two main aspectsw which have to be noted.

1) The Gateway is the key to realizing the potential in this crafting system.

2) Those useless items you see at lower levels are actually crafting materials for the rare recipe's which alter ever hour. So while they seem useless they are useful and required for the higher level crafting. :)

The only thing I really feel I'm missing is a crafting hall where I can see all my sla--erm--minions working away.
  • breeding77breeding77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i was doing some quick math on how much XP it will take to level stuff to all the way to 20 based on the table here http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Profession#Experience and it comes out to 192,000 total XP(in my estimation). Presumably most of that you're going to be do with 5 crafting slots (Character lvl 10, 30, 60 and Prof lvl 3, 10). Assuming you don't have 5 epic crafter assets I figure Leadership should take at a minimum (192,000/200(Explore Local Area x5) 960 hours or 40 days. And all you have to do is set your alarm to go off ever 55 minutes or so.

edit: had a number way off.
  • neolitheneolithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone pretty much nailed it. You can use the gateway and craft, sell that stuff, and make a lot of AD. I just took about 10k AD of mats and turned it into 120k. Rare recipes are worth it and if you don't like the gear crafting, you can always go for leadership.

Also, the quality of the items can be increased for rares with better quality crafting tools.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I really feel I'm missing is a crafting hall where I can see all my sla--erm--minions working away.

I think the word you wanted was Peons. ;)