test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Shield disappearing

mudamudamudamudamudamuda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Okay, so while I'm pretty sure this is a bug, I want to ask about it here in case there's some funky dispelling going on that I don't know about.

Basically sometimes when I cast Astral Shield, it immediately disappears and the effects are gone with it. I have observed this happening in both PvP and PvE, specifically dungeons.

In PvP I've seen it occur whenever a thief is nearby, when a wizard uses their lightning encounter, and when a guardian used his shockwave daily that interrupts in a huge line in front of him.

In PvE it has happened both before and during the fight against Idris. I understand that the big purple sphere attack can remove buffs, but Astral Shield is not a buff and there for I don't think it should be dispelled as such. (assuming that's what's happening there)

I've seen it happen with assassin mobs nearby, and spider mobs. This is a very frustrating occurance as you're now down an extremely valuable 15 second cooldown with nothing to show for it, and it's very easy to be killed as a result.

I'm fine with having counters to this spell in the game, but at the very least tell me why it's happening. All I get is the ring just suddenly disappears, and my team is in a very bad position.

Because I'm not seeing any sort of dispelling indicators is why I'm inclined to think this is a bug. If anyone can shed some light on this, please do. It's driving me mad.
Post edited by mudamudamuda on

Comments

• joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Idris this happens, it removes the effects, in PVP it is a side-effect of one of the debuffs that I think the GF's have which can proc and remove buffs, luckily it is rare there. In Throne of Idris you basically need to forget the shield and use seals and keep far away from the purple death ball emitters.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The purple orbs from Idris, and some other mobs, will remove Astral Shield from the ground if it passes through the center of the circle. Edges don't matter.

Bristle Spiders, Driders, and the boss of Temple of the Spider after her transformation, all have a frontal line AoE that will also remove Astral Shield if it passes through the center.

I think there's another type of mob I'm forgetting, but I know those ones. There is something in PvP that can remove it as well but I don't PvP enough to have figured out what it is.
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some of the big guys in Mt. Hotenow remove the shield too.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • misterfrenchiemisterfrenchie Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have seen driders dispel it as well.
    Want to join a great gaming community? Check us out at www.grievanceguild.com
  • oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Have a backup plan. I usually slot Forgemaster's Flame, as it can act as either a nice damage spell or a heal.
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)