test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[GF] Are Dailies any good?

thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I am currently lvl 38, having "Fighters Recovery" and "Terrifying Impact" equipped.

However... compaired to other classes (and compaired to my own Encounter Powers) my dailies seem like utter rubbish! Sure, "Fighters Recovery" is good for long boss fights, as it helps me get a little extra healing..

but "Terrifying Impact" does very little damage, the knockback is nice (but doesnt interupt most boss attacks) and the stun duration is really slow, as getting interupted when hit!

As for the previous power "Villain's Menace", the damage is really low, the increased damage buff is hardly noticable, the only advantage is the immunity to disabling effects... which isnt usefull THAT often...

Im scrolling down my list, looking at whatever is coming, hoping for something better...
"Supremacy of Steel" does really low damage, and gives me a "thorns" buff... again, sounds pretty weak compaired to other classes Dailies.

Then there is "Indomitable Strength", now this one sounds nice... high damage, knockback, and prone.. somehow I doubt it will work on many bosses, especially the big dungeon ones... and also "Pummel your target with..." its single target? That Prone effect better last a long time!

Anyone else feel that the Guardian Fighter's Dailies are too weak or useless? Or are they acctually more powerfull than i feel they are?
Post edited by thesabotender on

Comments

• jesspincijesspinci Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well they are not the most damaging or fancy abilities they do have there uses.

The Villain's Menace aoe and immunity component allows you to stay on a mob without worrying about it ccing you. This alleviates some of the problem with threat generation. Also the damage increase is a lot more noticeable in higher end gear.
    Terrifying Impact...I ran with this for the longest time thinking it was awesome till I got frontline surge. It is practically the same and it have an almost instant cast time. Terrifying Impact is pretty garbage imo now that I look back at it.
    Fighters Recovery...I do not even put points into that lol.
    Supremacy of steel is actually very good. In pvp you can insta pop a lot of rogues and CW's and in pve aoe taunting and then doing constant retaliatory damage is really nice for holding threat.
    Indomitable Strength hits hard but imo is only good for pvp.
    In all, yeah we don't have insane dailies but they are very useful given the right situations.
  • chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I disagree with Jess on impact. Impact is good. Yes Frontline is good too, but has a limit of 3 targets, Impact does not. The cast time is alittle odd really, but you can deal with it. It does great dmg and a knockdown to prone, pretty win in some situations. Supremacy of Steel is great too. When you have targets lined up > Impact. When they surround you and your guard meter is down (ie your taking more dmg) > supremacy.

Villans Menace is great is dungeons. The AoE dmg is pretty nice and the buff will add a good 20-30% to your DPS @ level 60. Immunity to impairments is awesome when your tanking trash that loves to knockdown / back etc.

Fighters recovery I found to be Meh. So I agree with jess on this. Meh daily.

Indom strength I never use so no real comment on it, just never found it to be valuable enough to slot currently.
  • monkeyshoemonkeyshoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only just hit level 15 with my GF, but I'm not encouraged by what I've seen so far.

Villain's Menace was okay at low levels, but the damage is way too low compared to my encounter powers at this point. So I switched it out for Fighter's Recovery.

...That power is supposed to heal me? Really? I don't think I actually saw the health bar move the first time I used it.

After subsequent uses, I discovered that in the time it takes me to activate the power, an ogre or a strong orc can hit me for enough damage to completely negate the effect. Can't believe I put 2 points into that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The main one I use is Villain's menace and that's for the DPS boost and AOE damage it does.

The second one I use (solo) is Indomitable Strength because it combos very well with Lunging Strike (especially later on when you need/want to interrupt).

The other one I tend to use is Fighter's Recovery because it can be handy on a fight where the Cleric is already heavily under pressure to keep himself alive and not just me (and since I'm damage focused I recover quite a bit back like 10-25% or more).

I am not a huge fan of Terrifying Impact because of the slow animation causes it to miss a lot of times unless things are perfectly lined up and in a pack. In that scenario I tend to just use Frontline Surge instead or Villain's Menace.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • hq33hq33 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It might be me, but the difference in daily power strength might have something to do with your action point meter filling up quicker than with other classes.
    Eg. wizards get action points for dealing damage and just that. You on the other hand gain action points when getting hit and hitting things which leads to an effectively lower daily cooldown.

I find Villain's Menace very nice actually - the AoE damage is low, but the CC invulnerability and the damage debuff are both very handy. For the other slot either Supremacy of Steel or even Fighters Recovery (actually pretty nice :P) are my favorite.
    In any case it's a substantial buff for anti-cc, health regen and/or damage, not case it's a straight up big hit, which makes daily powers more interesting imho.

Terrifying Impact is a worse version of an encounter ability and needs an overhaul and I wouldn't notice the other power (I even forgot the name) being patched out of the game entirely.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fighter's recovery is good for solo questing . Pop it and then AoE taunt + the AoE knockback = full hp if there are like 7-8 mobs :)
  • thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trying "Villain's Menace" again now at a higher level (39)
    and yeah, it is alot better now, its just such a shame that it is your first daily, and sucks at low level :P