test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foresight question: where do i find the damage reduction?

maukadwellermaukadweller Member Posts: 71
edited May 2013 in The Temple
I have foresight slotted, but I don't know where to check to see it is actually working.
I expected to find the % damage reduction on my character sheet where it lists damage reduction, but the % stayed the same regardless of whether I had foresight active or not.

At 2% reduction on the first tier, I don't think I can tell that it's working so would like some other visual confirmation that the power works.
Post edited by maukadweller on

Comments

• Options
    streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no such indicator, if you share foresight with those you heal, my recollection is that it does appear on their buff bar.

Foresight does seem to provide the personal damage reduction based on limited testing. I don't have my dataset with me, but I believe it was around 300 events with and without where the enemy and attack type was held constant.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the reply.
    Somewhat annoying that there is no visual confirmation on oneself.

Do you know if the paragon feat benefit of foresight works as described?
  • Options
    streamofsolacestreamofsolace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Without Foresight: 100% damage (298 events)
    With Foresight (3 Power points): 92.2% damage (306 events)
    With Foresight (3 Power points) and Benefit of Foresight (5 Fear points): 86.0% damage (335 events)

The average unreduced damage between tests is within 0.0036%
  • Options
    joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Without Foresight: 100% damage (298 events)
    With Foresight (3 Power points): 92.2% damage (306 events)
    With Foresight (3 Power points) and Benefit of Foresight (5 Fear points): 86.0% damage (335 events)

The average unreduced damage between tests is within 0.0036%

What did you use to compute that?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    joeldgn wrote: »
    What did you use to compute that?

Combat logs separated by test case, relevant data points extracted using regular expressions, data loaded into a database, queries against the data. To answer his question on the exact numbers, I exported the averages to excel to do the percentage difference, since I had initially loaded the data into an MS Access database, but I don't know offhand how to pivot tables using the Access interpretation of the SQL specification and I can't be bothered to load it into a proper database.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow that's great work solace.
    Good to know that the benefit of foresight works as well.
  • Options
    laccottelaccotte Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's a bit far from a 6% damage reduction, but it looks like the bonuses from ranking up powers does stack additively. Nice, and also jelly of your skillz

Does anyone know if Foresight stacks? I've been in multiple cleric groups but haven't paid attention.

Also, anyone know if there's a hard cap on damage reduction from powers? A 92% damage reduction alone from 5 stacks of Astral shield seems a bit crazy.