test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double Diamonds

clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For those of you not on Twitter, there will be double Astral Diamonds this weekend.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=883571
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by clansman2013 on

Comments

• sarkastikartistsarkastikartist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    love the game.. don't like the player driven exchange rate.. makes astral diamonds seem worthless..
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lol putting more diamonds into the system, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the economy again so more people are tempted to buy Zen to convert it into AD. I see what you did there, PWE.
  • yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Lol putting more diamonds into the system, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the economy again so more people are tempted to buy Zen to convert it into AD. I see what you did there, PWE.

Srsly. These people are shameless.
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, they aren't stupid. Double Zen this weekend would be a much better offering :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not like you really get much in terms of AD from quests anyways. I don't think it will do much to the market, more helping people that don't have anything get a kick-start.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    removed post as pointless
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
  • itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any idea if this includes the ones you get from idols?
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »

Or crafting?

My derp: "we're giving you DOUBLE the Astral Diamonds earned in game with every quest and activity that awards Astral Diamonds."

So in theory... everything!
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Customers: It's too hard to accumulate AD!

Cryptic: Okay, we'll give you double AD this weekend, enjoy!

Customers: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, quit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with the economy!

Man, what a fun job...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »
    bpphantom wrote: »
    Or crafting?

My derp: "we're giving you DOUBLE the Astral Diamonds earned in game with every quest and activity that awards Astral Diamonds."

So in theory... everything!

Well, they said:
    we're giving you DOUBLE the Astral Diamonds earned in game with every quest and activity that awards Astral Diamonds.

Seems like it should be everything.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Man, what a fun job...

Like being president.

/dons flame retardant suit and runs for cover.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
    edited May 2013
    bpphantom wrote: »
    Like being president.

/dons flame retardant suit and runs for cover.

I can do that:
    Voters: We need more jobs!

President: We're announcing new stimulus packages that will get the economy going and create millions of new jobs!

Voters: <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, quit increasing the deficit!
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we just have a double bag weekend? Buy one for half a million and get two? Even that is ridiculous, but would soften the pain
  • thirstmutilatorrthirstmutilatorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Idols too? Time to go get some.
  • adrynbadrynb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    made me chuckle, 'open beta has gone so well 2x AD for everyone yay! that fact that 2x AD was scheduled in the calendar since like forever anyway should be totally ignored.'
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    To clarify, anywhere you would earn Rough Astral Diamonds you will get the bonus. Ie: Professions, Invocation, Skirmishes (during bonus event), Astral Diamond Daily Quests, etc...

This does not extend to pure Astral Diamond gains from sources.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    To clarify, anywhere you would earn Rough Astral Diamonds you will get the bonus. Ie: Professions, Invocation, Skirmishes (during bonus event), Astral Diamond Daily Quests, etc...

This does not extend to pure Astral Diamond gains from sources.

sadface.

/10char
  • lemongrenadeslemongrenades Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I think there was just a run on idols on the AH. There seems to be quite a few less than an hour ago. Some people aren't going to be happy.
    edited May 2013
    I think there was just a run on idols on the AH. There seems to be quite a few less than an hour ago. Some people aren't going to be happy.

The funny part is people posting them for 40k; dont think they realize they lose out on 4k... have to post at 45 to even make any money selling em.
  • jus10jus10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Highlight event on calendar ingame, says Rough Astral Diamonds. ROUGH.
  • madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about making an Epic Daily Dungeon quest since the Gauntlgrym content (which there are quests for) is currently MIA and the only Skirmish accessible at max level is also broken. Heck of a thing to have an Astral Diamond doubling event when 3/4 of the means to obtain Astral Diamonds in the game don't function...
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.............

Thank you very much for this Double AD Weekend.
  • xdorrianxdorrian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    double zen??
  • xxraorxxxxraorxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, since I apparently can't make my own thread, i'll ask here.

I am confused about the currency I have. It seems people trade in Astral Diamonds (AD). All I have found so far is coins, and I can't really buy anything from players with that. I also have no idea what rough astral diamonds are, how to get them, how to turn them into to AD, can anyone clarify? Thanks.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxraorxx wrote: »

I am confused about the currency I have. It seems people trade in Astral Diamonds (AD). All I have found so far is coins, and I can't really buy anything from players with that. I also have no idea what rough astral diamonds are, how to get them, how to turn them into to AD, can anyone clarify? Thanks.
    The main four ways to earn AD through Invocation (available from level 11), with the Leadership profession (requires Player level 10 to access, the first task that generates AD requires Leadership 4), from daily missions (available through the ingame home page: default key L) and finally from Skirmishes during Skirmish AD hour.
  • hikkekehikkeke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems like if you use the gateway to collect your profession reward you get no double diamonds... or am I missing something?
  • t00badt00bad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hikkeke wrote: »
    Seems like if you use the gateway to collect your profession reward you get no double diamonds... or am I missing something?

no You are not missing anything ( except bonus AD :D )
    it seams that Gateway is not doubling AD during Lliira's event...
    I can confirm that.
    Than again, they said "...all AD IN GAME..." :) not through gateway ... :(
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    xxraorxx wrote: »

There are a number of currencies in the Game
    Gold/Silver?Copper: What you get for killing monsters, from treasure chests. Used to buy Injury Kits, Potions, and Professional Supplies.
    Astral Diamonds: Two varieties-Rough and Refined. The currency used to purchase most things from vendors and AH. Can be turned into Zen at the exchange.
    Seals: What you get from bounties. Used to purchase items from Seal vendors found in the Market.(MHO - worthless junk)
    Tamerlane Bars: From Nightmare drop boxes. Used with the Tamerlane vendor for Nightmare equipment.
    Glory: Earned in PvP. Used to buy PvP items.
    Grym: Earned in Gauntlygrym. Used for ?
    Zen: Bought with real money. Used to buy items from Zen store, or turned into AD.

I think that is all of them. A new currency is going to be introduced with the Feywild module, just to muck things up even more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]