test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Glaring oversight makes making groups a headache, please fix asap

loupy1loupy1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I hate the fact that inviting people to a group is such a tremendous pain in the rear end. When you right-click on name from a channel, like zone chat, there really needs to be an "invite to group" option. This whole "/invite name@handle" business is very annoying, especially when someone has a long or strange name. And yes, I know you can do it from a friends list- but I don't want to add a complete stranger to my friends list just for the ability to invite them to a group one time while we're working on the same quest in an adventure zone.

It's hard to believe this oversight hasn't been corrected yet, but please, PLEASE, add an "invite to group" option from the right-click menu as soon as possible.
Post edited by loupy1 on

Comments

• Options
    faceplantmikefaceplantmike Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completely agree.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Yes, yes it does. Sometimes data is not always accessible easily in the places you want it to be. The programmer who worked on the chat window in Neverwinter sits right next to me and says it was already fixed internally!

Since this isn't a raging fire of exploits or causing Astral diamonds to pour out of your pocket I can't guarantee it will make it into a build soon, but I will at least make the case it is useful to have sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For now, the auto-complete for names kinda works for inviting people with long names, just /invite begin typing the name, hopefully auto-complete picks up on who you want it to, hit up arrow to select it and hit enter.... at least thats how I think its supposed to work, its a little clunky sometimes it doesn't work and I end up doing it a couple times.

On the same issue, auto-complete sucks when someone is around with a name similar to a common word you are trying to type and it fills out a person's name in the middle of your sentence.
  • Options
    kranggorkranggor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Yes, yes it does. Sometimes data is not always accessible easily in the places you want it to be. The programmer who worked on the chat window in Neverwinter sits right next to me and says it was already fixed internally!

Since this isn't a raging fire of exploits or causing Astral diamonds to pour out of your pocket I can't guarantee it will make it into a build soon, but I will at least make the case it is useful to have sooner rather than later.

this is one of those things that just SCREAMS "amatuer" the whole @handle thing is pretty ridiculous....FIX THIS.
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kranggor wrote: »
    this is one of those things that just SCREAMS "amatuer" the whole @handle thing is pretty ridiculous....FIX THIS.

However, the @handle is there so there are no naming issues where all the best names have already been taken because you were too slow to reserve your name.

Multiple people can use the same name because the @handle is tied to it, which is your account name. If there were multiple people with the same name and you were not required to add an @handle then who would be the right person to invite?

Of course this also means when drow is available to every player we will have an army of Drizzts
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    this is one of those things that just SCREAMS "amateur" (typo fixed) the whole @handle thing is pretty ridiculous....FIX THIS.

Posts like this make me sad, not want to give updates and try to bump issues to get fixed faster. Please don't fling insults, especially after an issue is acknowledged and an update is given.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The whole @handle allows people to have the SAME name without players raging "Why I can't I have X name?" yes. it has happen to other games. :(
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Could you also lower the rezoning cooldown or at least make sure when you change maps you get to the same instance where your party is?
  • Options
    kineticv3kineticv3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somewhat related is the fact that when I'm just talking normally to a party member saying something like "thanks man" after I hit enter my chat bar is showing me "thanks Mankrik@whereshiswife" for a ton of words and I'd like someway to disable that or something lol
  • Options
    darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Posts like this make me sad, not want to give updates and try to bump issues to get fixed faster. Please don't fling insults, especially after an issue is acknowledged and an update is given.

Holy...
    Just ignore him please.

Communication much appreciated - looking forward for more posts from dev :)
  • Options
    qtzirlqtzirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we also possibly get the ability to mute an individual player without ignoring them? I.E. an open mic, but doesnt need to be ignored. <3
  • Options
    oldtrahmaoldtrahma Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand the frustration Panderus, hopefully the multitude of thankful people like myself will dissuade you from being too put off by a few less than polite posts. The fact of the matter is communication from the developers/community advocates has been very good so far, and I only hope it continues into the foreseeable future.

Thank you for the updates, keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nasuradin wrote: »
    Of course this also means when drow is available to every player we will have an army of Drizzts

Have you been in game? There's already an army of Menzo Drizzts. :] (I don't mind, whatever floats their boats!)
    kineticv3 wrote: »
    Somewhat related is the fact that when I'm just talking normally to a party member saying something like "thanks man" after I hit enter my chat bar is showing me "thanks Mankrik@whereshiswife" for a ton of words and I'd like someway to disable that or something lol

There is an option to turn off auto-complete, but according to my guildmates it doesn't work. They've turned off the option, but it still auto-completes. Here's hoping there's a fix in the works! I look at it as a way to force me to use punctuation in chat. Because just hitting the space-bar won't trigger it, so if you type "thanks man" - you have to hit enter before "man" gets changed into "man____@____". So instead, I type "Thanks man!" The only reason I dont want to turn off auto-complete is because, on those times you DO need it, it's a PAIN IN THE BUTT if you don't have it. As soon as they allow you to invite to team from chat, I'll gladly turn off the option.
    qtzirl wrote: »
    Can we also possibly get the ability to mute an individual player without ignoring them? I.E. an open mic, but doesnt need to be ignored. <3

Already there: When you're on a team, you get a voice chat bar under your chat window. Right click and you get individual volume sliders for everyone on your team.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    back2workback2work Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nasuradin wrote: »
    However, the @handle is there so there are no naming issues where all the best names have already been taken because you were too slow to reserve your name.

Multiple people can use the same name because the @handle is tied to it, which is your account name. If there were multiple people with the same name and you were not required to add an @handle then who would be the right person to invite?

yes, besmudge even more individualism in the genre. sorry, but with the greatest mmo's you can log in and go lfg and people you never played with will invite you based on your rep. now its meh, there are 50 people with the same name... anyone catch the one guys @handle.. wtf really.....
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    back2work wrote: »
    yes, besmudge even more individualism in the genre. sorry, but with the greatest mmo's you can log in and go lfg and people you never played with will invite you based on your rep. now its meh, there are 50 people with the same name... anyone catch the one guys @handle.. wtf really.....

You can enable @handles in chat, and this option does actually work. (As opposed to turning off auto-fill, which as I mentioned, does not seem to work.) So you can see everyone's name@handle in chat, if you so desire. I find this to be very helpful for inviting Puggers, and also identifying my guildmates' alts in guild chat. :]
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    You can enable @handles in chat, and this option does actually work. (As opposed to turning off auto-fill, which as I mentioned, does not seem to work.) So you can see everyone's name@handle in chat, if you so desire. I find this to be very helpful for inviting Puggers, and also identifying my guildmates' alts in guild chat. :]

Thanks for the info:)
  • Options
    therealdestiantherealdestian Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2013

Dude, shut up.

We have a dev communicating with us. Don't turn this into WoW where the devs basically never communicate because they just get insulted by idiotic "fans" when they try to do so.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You could have given him a warning via this rule:
    No mouthing off at staff.
    If you have questions or concerns about a thread or post, please direct these to the forum mods and admins via PM.