test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review anyone? :]

evanora666evanora666 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello guys, I just published my first campaign to the Foundry. Currently only 2 quests have been completed but I'm working on the rest. It's mainly just a guild hi-jinks type of quests but I think others will enjoy it to. Please play and let me know what you guys think! Post if you want me to review anything of yours!

Campaign Name: A Ritual To Live For//Short Code NWS-DI43DF9ZJ

Quest 1: The Forgotten

Quest 2: A Chilling Chase

Thanks!
Post edited by evanora666 on

Comments

• forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Please provide us with shortcode for campaign or shortcodes for quests.

If you do, I will review yours. If you want, please consider reviewing my campaign (link in signature)
  • avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    If you give me the search code I'll try it out.

Mine is

NW-DI68FUJKQ

in case you want to review it.
  • evanora666evanora666 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will get the code and do yours as soon as the server is up :D
  • auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's damned hard to get new stuff looked at by anyone. It's increasingly seeming like if you didn't already have a following before the soft launch, good luck trying to get one now. :(

I'm trying to review people's stuff and give them feedback but the only people who've even touched mine are a few real-life friends.

Anyway, I'll check yours out after the servers come back up.
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman
  • runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for creating your quests for us to play. :) I will try it out once the server is up.
    edited May 2013
    I know :[ I will play yours when the servers are up!! :D
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    auricklemt wrote: »
    It's damned hard to get new stuff looked at by anyone. It's increasingly seeming like if you didn't already have a following before the soft launch, good luck trying to get one now. :(
    Exactly the same as STO, and CoH before that.
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shall add this to my list of to-plays when the servers go up. Will post feedback here and in a review, would appreciate feedback on my quest too (in my signature) :)
    The Storm Family Tale: Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
    edited May 2013
    of course! and thank you!
  • auricklemtauricklemt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly the same as STO, and CoH before that.

What's really funny about that statement is that before the soft launch hit I had made comments in a few places that this would end up being a problem and the most common response was to the effect that, "It's the same system they use for STO and CoH and that worked just fine!" So I couldn't help but laugh when I read your reply here. :)

I think part of the problem is with the client-side Foundry interface. Basically, the game assumes that all content is bad until proven otherwise. Most players only look for what's good, such as items with a 4 or 5 star rating, and so they never see any of the new stuff. Heck, you could filter your search for 1 star or better and still not find any of the new stuff, no matter how good it might actually be. All they'd need to do to help with this is set new content to default to 3 stars. If the reviews after that are mostly 1 and 2 stars, bad content will rate worse than new content and authors will have a better chance of being seen.

Ah well. We have what we have. It's just frustrating when you put a lot of effort into crafting something with love, then watch it be completely missed.
    Foundry Campaign: The Stars of Desolation
    Adapted from "The Desert of Desolation" by Tracy and Laura Hickman
  • snottlingsnottling Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah yes, the desire to go on an adventure... I'm always willing to do that :)

You are, of course, welcome to look at the quest I have published, too. :)

Cheers and keep the adventures coming!
    Path of Bone
    Handle: snottling
    Short code: NW-DHRY3YX3N
    edited May 2013
    Will do! and I will be putting the short code up as soon as I can :D
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up! Short Code for the campaign in NWS-DI43DF9ZJ
    I am going to start playing everyone's quests now thanks again!
  • avaedanavaedan Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Hey! I tried your dungeon and made it all the way through, but I didn't get to review it. The window popped up as I was moving and it auto-closed. I pressed F by reaction and it took me out of the dungeon. =/

I liked it though. Is it part of a series you're doing?
    edited May 2013
    avaedan wrote: »
    Hey! I tried your dungeon and made it all the way through, but I didn't get to review it. The window popped up as I was moving and it auto-closed. I pressed F by reaction and it took me out of the dungeon. =/

I liked it though. Is it part of a series you're doing?

Glad you liked it :D and yes there are 2 quests out at the moment currently working on the third :]
    edited May 2013
    I just finished your campaign. There are my insights:

1st Quest:
    1) You can drag and move quests location on world map :) Try it next time
    2) I teleported before anything else. If you want to force players to stay and do something before teleport, set teleport visibility after some objective is completed. I'm just not sure if it's feature or oversight.
    3) Interact text is what you see on targeting item. I now have "Press F to You begin to feel a chill in the air". It should be "Press F to open" or something like this.
    4) I'm not sure if this is how I should react, but I laughed hard on "Duck" when introducing allies (Dialog).
    5) Almost every encounter is HARD on low levels, and probably almost impossible at high levels (one for Marisha's weapon was well balanced.). Avoid stacking encounters.
    6) Second map: There is reward chest just at spawn. Looks weird. I know that that is where quests end, but try hiding it a bit (next to wall or something, so people won't see it when coming inside)
    7) Items: You should change their names, because "Orb Teir04b Dragon 01" sounds creepy.
    PLUS: Review window disappeared after quest, so sorry for no ingame review

2nd Quest:
    1) Stacking encounter again: higher levels can complain
    2) Naming weapons again: you could change it to "ritual dagger". "Dagger - Medusa 01" is... ya know..
    3) If NPC says "meet me there" you can (it's only advice) make it despawn.
    4) Encounters become harder and harder
    5) After dying 3 times trying to find cultists hiedout I forgot why I was heading there...
    6) Now I lol'd... I just killed tons of ogres, orcs, goblins, cultists to go to hideout and marishka just teleported here. Well... Pretty similar to Lord of The Rings and Eagles in Return of the King.

Overall feelings:
    You messed up very much. You started with first quest with AWESOME story with great potential. It was kinda hard, but I could live with it. I was hoping for great story to continue.
    What did I get in second quest? Dungeon crawl... crazy, hard, irritating dungeon crawl. I died 3 times (CW 20 lvl) because of stacking encounters. I find this quest impossible to clear at high level if solo. And here story was about what? Clearing caves from many types of enemies who shouldn't even work together.

3/5, no tip. If you wish to continue campaign make it possible to solo, or mark as group dungeon, and put more effort in story.

PS. Believe me, I really enjoyed first quest. It was great, there were only few technical issues to fix. But second one ruined all my mental experience from earlier chapter.
    edited May 2013
    forien69 wrote: »
    I just finished your campaign. There are my insights:

1st Quest:
    1) You can drag and move quests location on world map :) Try it next time
    2) I teleported before anything else. If you want to force players to stay and do something before teleport, set teleport visibility after some objective is completed. I'm just not sure if it's feature or oversight.
    3) Interact text is what you see on targeting item. I now have "Press F to You begin to feel a chill in the air". It should be "Press F to open" or something like this.
    4) I'm not sure if this is how I should react, but I laughed hard on "Duck" when introducing allies (Dialog).
    5) Almost every encounter is HARD on low levels, and probably almost impossible at high levels (one for Marisha's weapon was well balanced.). Avoid stacking encounters.
    6) Second map: There is reward chest just at spawn. Looks weird. I know that that is where quests end, but try hiding it a bit (next to wall or something, so people won't see it when coming inside)
    7) Items: You should change their names, because "Orb Teir04b Dragon 01" sounds creepy.
    PLUS: Review window disappeared after quest, so sorry for no ingame review

2nd Quest:
    1) Stacking encounter again: higher levels can complain
    2) Naming weapons again: you could change it to "ritual dagger". "Dagger - Medusa 01" is... ya know..
    3) If NPC says "meet me there" you can (it's only advice) make it despawn.
    4) Encounters become harder and harder
    5) After dying 3 times trying to find cultists hiedout I forgot why I was heading there...
    6) Now I lol'd... I just killed tons of ogres, orcs, goblins, cultists to go to hideout and marishka just teleported here. Well... Pretty similar to Lord of The Rings and Eagles in Return of the King.

Overall feelings:
    You messed up very much. You started with first quest with AWESOME story with great potential. It was kinda hard, but I could live with it. I was hoping for great story to continue.
    What did I get in second quest? Dungeon crawl... crazy, hard, irritating dungeon crawl. I died 3 times (CW 20 lvl) because of stacking encounters. I find this quest impossible to clear at high level if solo. And here story was about what? Clearing caves from many types of enemies who shouldn't even work together.

3/5, no tip. If you wish to continue campaign make it possible to solo, or mark as group dungeon, and put more effort in story.

PS. Believe me, I really enjoyed first quest. It was great, there were only few technical issues to fix. But second one ruined all my mental experience from earlier chapter.

Thanks for your honesty I will go back make these changes! It was my first time haha. And yeah the second part is mainly about fighting to capture the general and bring him back to the castle. The third will have alot more added to the story :] I will tone down the mobs a bit as well I just did not want it to be so easy. Thanks again!
    edited May 2013
    evanora666 wrote: »
    Thanks for your honesty I will go back make these changes! It was my first time haha. And yeah the second part is mainly about fighting to capture the general and bring him back to the castle. The third will have alot more added to the story :] I will tone down the mobs a bit as well I just did not want it to be so easy. Thanks again!

You have to know that difficulty changes with levels. What is too easy for 10 level trickstery rogue can be hard for 30 level trix and impossible for 60 lvl cleric. That is why you should avoid stacking encounters. One at time. Period.

I sometimes stack easy encounters or add them to boss fights, but if I place standard - I try to make it only one encounter at once.
  • snottlingsnottling Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey evanora! Played first part and I was entertained the whole way. :) I was a bit surprised how hard combat was, right at the start with my 24th level cleric. Not sure, but I don't think there was a respawn point there?

Only spotted two typos, "Catherdral" and meat where it should be meet. That's always a good sign.

One thing I noticed was that the weapons had the default foundry name on them. I'd give them unique names.

All in all, very good. Just tone down the hard spawns a bit.

Cheers! :D
    Path of Bone
    Handle: snottling
    Short code: NW-DHRY3YX3N
    edited May 2013
    snottling wrote: »
    Hey evanora! Played first part and I was entertained the whole way. :) I was a bit surprised how hard combat was, right at the start with my 24th level cleric. Not sure, but I don't think there was a respawn point there?

Only spotted two typos, "Catherdral" and meat where it should be meet. That's always a good sign.

One thing I noticed was that the weapons had the default foundry name on them. I'd give them unique names.

All in all, very good. Just tone down the hard spawns a bit.

Cheers! :D
    Thanks! I just now published the new version with fixes and toned down the difficulty alot :] thank you guys so much for helping me! I will be playing your quests soon!
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done the first quest, and have a bit of feedback:
    - The Cathedral is named "Catherdral"
    - The difficulty of the first encounter is MUCH more than the rest of the dungeon. I had a hard time as a level 46 and I think it would require some corpse running at level 60. Also the enemies at Mazlin's weapon looked the same as the other 3 portal areas, but were much harder. I'm not sure if this was intentional but it caught me off guard.
    - Your weapon interactables are still named "Sword - Winged 01" Rather than "John's Weapon" etc.
    Other than that though I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was particularly standout great but it was well done.

The second quest:
    - The dagger had the naming issue again.
    - I find myself not really believing my motivations for helping these returned undead. They seem just as dangerous/evil as who I am fighting and I think I would have just walked away early on.
    - In all honesty I felt this quest went on a bit too long, it was all the same fighting and climbing the ice mountain, which was nice to begin with but near the end got quite tiresome. For what it was it was good, but I don't think the second one is as strong as your first.
    The Storm Family Tale: Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6
    edited May 2013
    - I find myself not really believing my motivations for helping these returned undead. They seem just as dangerous/evil as who I am fighting and I think I would have just walked away early on.

These quests are more for evil players haha. Once again thanks for the help, I just finished reworking both quests and they should now have correct text and should be able to be played solo now :]