test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too much hate around.

psych0zerpsych0zer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
People! People! Hear ye Hear ye!

It's a free game, they've got to make a money to eat from something, so they just promote the shop. Stop being cheap *** players.. Enjoy the game.

The difference about this game and WoW is that one is free and one is not, one has a shop and one has not. In both you've got to grind and farm, but please calm down. (I've chosen WoW because is the biggest MMORPG and known by lots) So if you need a more complicated and rational explaination of this, dont reply.
:)
Post edited by psych0zer on

Comments

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finished downloading yeasterday and played quite a bit. Figured I would check out the forums and see how things were going before I began the decision process on paying. I do this for all games, it's just that some games you have to buy first. What I have learned about forums is that they have a lot of complaints. People come to forums to complain, not to praise, and also that recurring posts about the same problems usually indicate there is a real problem.

I have read the forums back several pages and The problems are becoming a lot clearer.
  • Options
    oioleihihuoioleihihu Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    psych0zer wrote: »

It's a free game, they've got to make a money to eat from something, so they just promote the shop. Stop being cheap *** players.. Enjoy the game.

The difference about this game and WoW is that one is free and one is not, one has a shop and one has not. In both you've got to grind and farm, but please calm down. (I've chosen WoW because is the biggest MMORPG and known by lots) So if you need a more complicated and rational explaination of this, dont reply.

better to pay monthly than to get along with p2w fan-boys and overpriced content which could give you up to 1 year of playing fee on paid games... Thing is this game is a ripoff marketing stunt with little regard to customer whatsoever...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • Options
    dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Saying, "You are charging more than I would like to pay, good sir. Lower your prices and I shall patronize thee!" is not complaining. It's how the economy works.

Additionally, forums are used for complaining more often than praising. Why? Because the developers want to hear your praise. It's easy to get that to them. Few people get up in the morning and go, "oh boy! I sure would like to find out what's wrong with my game that I slaved over for three years on!"

Thus, most people use the forums to complain, either to just vent, or in an effort to hope a developer sees their complaint and takes it into consideration.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its free to play defense is not going to keep people here. The prices are just to high, period. Ive got 24,000 zen sitting in my wallet balance, but I will most likely transfer it to STO and leave NWO soon if some things are not changed. I get more value for my money in STO.

So stop trying to defend game that you have obviously spent hundreds of dollars on , sucka!! It is a cash grab, straight up.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't even bother talking about the prices of cash shop items because every fan boy will fly in saying no one is MAKING you buy things, and you don't NEED to buy things.

So yea, just everyone stop buying things from cash shop. Then they will be forced to lower prices to an acceptable amount.

Accepting cash during a beta is poor form anyway.

Yes I know they have to make money. But make money after the beta. They should have had larger closed beta tests instead of 4 weekends. The 4th of which you could only get in to if you paid money or knew someone that paid a lot of money and was willing to give you a key. Really its just poor planing and rushed delivery of their product. And to make up for mismanaged development fees they are price gouging. pz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    oioleihihu wrote: »
    Thing is this game is a ripoff marketing stunt with little regard to customer whatsoever...

tis a shame isn't it? The game is quite fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    Can't even bother talking about the prices of cash shop items because every fan boy will fly in saying no one is MAKING you buy things, and you don't NEED to buy things.

So yea, just everyone stop buying things from cash shop. Then they will be forced to lower prices to an acceptable amount.

Accepting cash during a beta is poor form anyway.

Yes I know they have to make money. But make money after the beta. They should have had larger closed beta tests instead of 4 weekends. The 4th of which you could only get in to if you paid money or knew someone that paid a lot of money and was willing to give you a key. Really its just poor planing and rushed delivery of their product. And to make up for mismanaged development fees they are price gouging. pz

Actually you need, this game is p2w plain and straight, that's what kills me when I see the fan-boyzz arguments. I even go get a popcorn to start the read! Better than Comedy movies
    tis a shame isn't it? The game is quite fun.

Yup, I'm having fun and hatin the p2w ripoff system, probably it'll change, the amount of players they are losing for it is gigantic...
    so much for so little, the world has too many dumb people, but wth? That's how they make money!
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Wow, this is a new and well-informed point of view and I wish to subscribe to your magazine.

NOBODY is complaining about the existence of the cash shop, simply its ludicrous price point in comparison with competition.
  • Options
    boofaheadboofahead Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These horrible fanboys defending the cash shop will be wondering why in 6 months this game failed just like all of PWE's other games. They would rather white knight the devs and have a failed game with horrible economy and no population than admit that everything is overpriced. Grats idiots. This game will be dead in 6 months and you can look over your old forum posts and find out why.

I know 5 people who uninstalled already after seeing the cash shop and the p2w model in this game. I have 1 friend left playing and once he leaves i'm done. I make $35 an hour and am not paying these ridiculous prices. Only a few will, and only those few will be left playing by themselves wondering why noone makes foundry quests anymore.

Then they will go drop $1000 more on the next p2w game and start the process over.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saying, "You are charging more than I would like to pay, good sir. Lower your prices and I shall patronize thee!" is not complaining. It's how the economy works.
    No it isn't. The economy doesn't work on words. It works on behaviour.

From the point of view of economics, talk isn't cheap. It's worthless.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    No it isn't. The economy doesn't work on words. It works on behaviour.

From the point of view of economics, talk isn't cheap. It's worthless.

In macro-economics, absolutely. In real world, specific circumstances, no. If what you said were true, product designers and marketers wouldn't use focus groups.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    boofahead wrote: »
    These horrible fanboys defending the cash shop will be wondering why in 6 months this game failed just like all of PWE's other games. They would rather white knight the devs and have a failed game with horrible economy and no population than admit that everything is overpriced. Grats idiots. This game will be dead in 6 months and you can look over your old forum posts and find out why.

I know 5 people who uninstalled already after seeing the cash shop and the p2w model in this game. I have 1 friend left playing and once he leaves i'm done. I make $35 an hour and am not paying these ridiculous prices. Only a few will, and only those few will be left playing by themselves wondering why noone makes foundry quests anymore.

Then they will go drop $1000 more on the next p2w game and start the process over.

couldn't have said better myself, you sir are a master!
  • Options
    mofugli1mofugli1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Need to rename this thread 'Today's Whine', bring your own cheese...
  • Options
    meshooflakesmeshooflakes Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Hate and Official game forums go hand in hand.Someone should write a book about it.