test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LF Guild of older players--preferably AD&D 1st edition players.

wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
As the title states, LF Guild of older players--preferably AD&D 1st edition players. Does such a thing exist? We are on the Beholder shard, but presumably all shards will be merged into one. "There can be only one!"

Please reply here or sent me a PM.:cool:
Post edited by wolfrat14 on

Comments

• myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey sent you a mail :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rafaricartrafaricart Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As an AD&D second edition former player I am searching for an older players guild as well. Please let me know if you find one :)
  • braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    I started playing the old paperback D&D in 1979 (while in college). Let me know of you find a guild.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • alzariancrimsonalzariancrimson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, there's four of us already responding. Why don't we form our own guild?
    Talk to the Puppet!
  • mannerothemannerothe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played D&D before it got the advanced moniker. Basic D&D. :o) I never saw any 1st edition books, but when the second were around I got those, and still have them. I still like 2nd edition. Although 3rd edition was ok. I don't like 4th. But I guess it works kind of ok with video games. I liked 3.5 games that came out. They worked very well.

Anyway. Good luck with finding what you want. I'm on Dragon so won't be joining you.
  • myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hi I already responded to 2 of the posts, however seeing as there are more of us on Beholder who would like to guild up with fellow 1st and 2nd edition AD&D players. I started playing D&D way way back in 77 with the first boxed edition rules of Basic D&D. I moved onto AD&D towards the end of 78 and played it every chance I could get. I fondly remember our 48 hour sessions with 7 of us while I was renting property (every weekend was taken up with AD&D and the pub).
    Anyway I currently run a guild on Beholder, where there are a few of us old die hard AD&D fans, in fact Vent was a 2 hour discussion 2 nights a go about our fave PnP adventures and traps. So if any of you would like to join us you are very very welcome.
    Guild name is Minions of Lloth (I am a huge Drow fan though my law is a bit rusty now, in fact for those of you who remember I have spelt Lloth the original Drow way and not Lolth which it developed into in the common tongue).
    We have Vent, Web and FB available, we are all about the experience and for the most part try to run dungeons a bit more true to the AD&D style (so for the most part no WOW kiddie dungeon zerg item grab), our players are all relaxed , mature guys n gals with a great sense of humour (we even have a Dwarf with a Mimic fettish which causes some fights to be a lot more of a pain than they should be). Quite a few of us are X Hard core raiders and dungeon runners from other MMOs ( I have been playing hard core for over 8yrs since GWs1) so we are very experienced and will be talking all the content but in Neverwinter we don't want the stress of hard core so we will be doing it in the most relaxed and fun way possible.
    If any of you are interested either message me here or send a friend request in game to Daemonweaver@myschaella.
    Whatever you do I hope you have a great time and look forward to meeting you all in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]