test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loot in Dungeon is for the birds

widowmakirwidowmakir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Solo'd my first dungeon last night and I expected to see some decent drops , but nothing really good dropped. The 2 blues that dropped were both for a Cleric. Cleric? What does a Mighty Wizard need with cleric gear? Seriously took to long to solo but I like the challenge , would have liked the rewards to match the challenge.
Post edited by widowmakir on

Comments

• travail01travail01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one who has a problem with the phrase, "So I just solo'd a dungeon..."?

I'm not sure I like the fact that players can solo dungeons. Is this at the default difficulty, or is there a "solo mode" or something? Not sure I have anything to look forward to if I plan to run dungeons in a full group, when the dungeons can be completed solo.

-Travail.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aren't the solo instances that you get your quests in called dungeons as well? Like sewers, Blacklake etc. ?
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or he could be a level 20 going back to solo the first dungeon.
  • sordacsordac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you can't enter 5player dungeons without 5 players

so i don't know what he solo'd if it a normal solo dungeon than the loot is normaly random
  • shattrnerdsshattrnerds Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can regular mobs in non instanced free roam areas drop rare quality+ items? or even mobs in dungeuns/skirms for that matter?
  • diegocfqdiegocfq Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find weird that he wants to be rewarded for a self-imposed hurdle. Except some loot from quests, every other loot is random.
    Would be nice if some rewards were given if you did some tasks in a unusual way or taking some extra difficulties, but since the game doesn't do that. I can understand the frustration, but the best thing you can do is refrain from expecting.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I think any dungeon that you can solo, if you can, is unlikely to be able to drop any items that could be a gear upgrade, even if they are for your class.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    widowmakir wrote: »
    Solo'd my first dungeon last night and I expected to see some decent drops , but nothing really good dropped. The 2 blues that dropped were both for a Cleric. Cleric? What does a Mighty Wizard need with cleric gear? Seriously took to long to solo but I like the challenge , would have liked the rewards to match the challenge.

First time playing MMO and first time went into a dungeon I see.
    Long story short:
    Random gear rewards prolong PvE content.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sordac wrote: »
    you can't enter 5player dungeons without 5 players

so i don't know what he solo'd if it a normal solo dungeon than the loot is normaly random

Sure you can. It gives you the option to enter with your current party, which may be just you. Unless you're more than a few levels above the dungeon it's not a good idea. :)

But say, normal Cloaktower with a level 25 character is pretty easy to solo. Usually easier than some of the higher level normal instances at the appropriate level.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Loot in Dungeon is for the birds
    Surprise - how else do people find their way to the cash shop.
  • jaguar74jaguar74 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    I think any dungeon that you can solo, if you can, is unlikely to be able to drop any items that could be a gear upgrade, even if they are for your class.

I can solo Cragmire Crypts in Blackdagger Ruins with my lvl 35 rogue and my 15 compenion healer, up until that boss in the small room, and that is because several of those mid bosses spawning at the same time, I get main boss to half dead by the time when that happen, but still, by then I have filled all my bags with loot worth of over 2 gold, just by selling loot to NPC merchant, plus compleeting tasks for proffesion.
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Loot in the epic dungeons is best in game (for me anyway), and you can't solo those. I could *probably* solo quite a few non-epic dungeons on my cleric, but I have no desire to :p