test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not a very good "Beta"

azureskies01azureskies01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Exploits everywhere with no character wipe in sight with overpriced **** on the zen store. Pretty much the only thing done right are the core game mechanics, which are done really well.

Imo character wipe on release and refund all zen spent in NW (not full refunds)
Fix either pricing in store or add a subscription option (akin to the real D&D game that is out there)
Please for the love of god make bags obtainable through either crafting or some other means that isn't 10 ****ing dollars.

This is "Beta" and as such some of these things need to be addressed otherwise you have lost all the money my friends and I are willing to spend for this awesome game. I hope Cryptic doesn't just sit on their asses like they have done before with their other games.
Post edited by azureskies01 on

Comments

• Options
    jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Exploits everywhere with no character wipe in sight with overpriced **** on the zen store. Pretty much the only thing done right are the core game mechanics, which are done really well.

Imo character wipe on release and refund all zen spent in NW (not full refunds)
    Fix either pricing in store or add a subscription option (akin to the real D&D game that is out there)
    Please for the love of god make bags obtainable through either crafting or some other means that isn't 10 ****ing dollars.

This is "Beta" and as such some of these things need to be addressed otherwise you have lost all the money my friends and I are willing to spend for this awesome game. I hope Cryptic doesn't just sit on their asses like they have done before with their other games.

Exploits everywhere? Other than the foundry issue I wasn't aware of other ones. There are quite a few bugs though. Curious as to what is the issue with the whole server thing however. I mean is that many people playing their game that the old server up and died and now their trying to patch work a new one?
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So the initial pre PWE game was great, and their involvement aside from bankrolling the rest so they could have control over the monetization was pooh.

Is this ANYTHING new or surprising?

It is kind of sad though :( that means this game, if it had been allowed to be born as intended could have been amazing.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is amazing !
    I'm sorry you don't see that . Every game isn't for everyone , well maybe sims . Just move on to a game you like , don't expect this one to turn into the game you want .
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No thank you. I want to keep my 27 rogue. I don't wanna start all over again once the game goes live.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wiping characters would quite likely lose them quite a few players now, at least I know for sure I wouldn't start from a scratch, as I hate doing same things over and over again.
  • Options
    mysralmysral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know how fast that foundry leveling was as I never did it, but I watched people go from lvl 4 to lvl 60 in an hour using a quest sharing exploit. They make almost 40 gold also.

And they made a ton of accounts and reapeated this all day long having 2 60's per free account.

Guess what there next move is? Free full set of purple gear afking in PVP. So expect pvp to be even more jacked up then ever before once they cant hang out there and free level all day.
  • Options
    vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    arcbladez wrote: »
    No thank you. I want to keep my 27 rogue. I don't wanna start all over again once the game goes live.

They announced at the beginning of this open beta/soft launch that no one would be wiped. Basically, this is a somewhat buggy release state that they will tweak over time. Probably for a cash shop grab, which Cryptic is known for.
  • Options
    umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Um, if you know what "beta" means, then there being exploits shouldn't be all that surprising. That's what you're supposed to be finding so they can be fixed.

So, as a beta player, you should report these bugs and exploits to the appropriate channels: The bug report tool in the game, or the bug report forums here.
  • Options
    mysralmysral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh and once they finish that and sell the accounts or try to play them guess who is gonna be hitting your groups for epics?

These amazing players who know everything about how to play there class