test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What and When on New Class's / Races?

gravebowgravebow Member, Silverstars Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I appreciate all that we have now, and its been fun playing and look forward to the future development, was just curious about the following:

When or What is the time table for New Classes and Races?

What new classes are going to be added? what is final list of classes for game?
(are we going by 4th Edition players handbook 1, 2, or 3? for class list?)
4th edition PH 1 Classes: Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard
4th edition PH 2 Class additions: Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Warden
4th edition PH 3 Class Additions: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, Seeker Hybrid and Epic

Thank yee, be well always
Post edited by gravebow on

Comments

• Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They said somewhere at some point in time that Drow would be added either 30 days after open beta start or 30 days after release.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    They said somewhere at some point in time that Drow would be added either 30 days after open beta start or 30 days after release.

around 60 not 30
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope that they focus on paragon trees before classes. At a minimum add a single new paragon tree for each class as they add a new class. I would much rather have more customization for a primary character then have to reroll whenever I wanted to change my playstyle slightly.
  • Options
    njorunnnjorunn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gief Ranger! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »

So wait a minute.... How is the Drow race going to be different than the menzzobenzaran renegade that some folks paid 200$ for?

Is ther gonna be a difference? cuz if not the nerd rage will be palpable for paying so much for a supposedly unique race.
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • Options
    nulltimenulltime Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They stated that the Renegade and associated unique items will stay that way (clothing, tattoos, mount). The Drow Renegade racial proc debuff will not exist on normal Drow as well.
  • Options
    mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    fair enough, that at least does set it apart a little.
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • Options
    glidestrife1glidestrife1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So wait a minute.... How is the Drow race going to be different than the menzzobenzaran renegade that some folks paid 200$ for?

Is ther gonna be a difference? cuz if not the nerd rage will be palpable for paying so much for a supposedly unique race.

For balance purposes, they'll have to make Drow available for at least a cheap price. The Renegades will be cosmetically different, and remain forever cosmetically different from anything else pickable, but presumably will have the same racials as the Drow.
    gravebow wrote: »
    I appreciate all that we have now, and its been fun playing and look forward to the future development, was just curious about the following:

When or What is the time table for New Classes and Races?

What new classes are going to be added? what is final list of classes for game?
    (are we going by 4th Edition players handbook 1, 2, or 3? for class list?)
    4th edition PH 1 Classes: Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Warlord, Wizard
    4th edition PH 2 Class additions: Avenger, Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Invoker, Shaman, Sorcerer, Warden
    4th edition PH 3 Class Additions: Ardent, Battlemind, Monk, Psion, Runepriest, Seeker Hybrid and Epic

Thank yee, be well always
    You also missed the Ebberon and Forgotten Realms classes, Alchemist and Sword Mage. Sword Mage is particularly important, as I'm fairly certain that Neverwinter is in the Forgotten Realms. Myth Drannor, one of the selectable background origin areas, is also a place where spellblade style fighting is practiced.

In regards to the classes, it's pretty simple to figure out what system they're using. Every class introduced in a 4th Ed. book lists two "premade" character specializations. Checking the fighter, these two specializations are Guardian Fighter and Great Weapons Fighter: the two classes they used for this game. Of course, one of the two specializations for Rogue, Cleric, and Wizard as per PH1 are Trickster Rogue, Devoted Cleric and Control Wizard. So far, all five class/specialization combinations are derived from PH1.

What should we expect in the near future? Well, we already know that the Scourge Warlock, yet another premade specialization in the Warlock class from PH1, has been at least considered as a class. There's also been a lot of talk about how important it is to add a bow using class. I'm under the impression that Cryptic said a Ranger will be available on launch. Since the two ranger specializations are Two-Blade Ranger and Archer Ranger, it's pretty obvious which specialization will be introduced.

So, what does Cryptic have planned for the games future? Obviously, this is entirely speculation, but assuming the plans are to follow this pattern, you can guess pretty reliably what classes we should see down the road. If the Warlock and Ranger classes go ahead as previously mentioned, the only classes from PH1 that are left out are Warlord and Paladin. At this point, a new tank and a new healer, or in D&D terms a Defender and a Leader, are needed to round out the roster. As much as I'd love to see them jump to another Handbook and pull, say, a Warden, it just makes more sense to finish all the PH1 4th ed classes. So, a Paladin and a Warlord both get into the game to fill a second tank and healer role. What specializations will they take? Paladin's two specializations are Protecting Paladin and Avenging Paladin, while Warlord's two specializations are the Inspiring Warlord and Tactical Warlord. Based on the roles they need to fill in a party composition, the two likely classes will be the Protecting Paladin and the Inspiring Warlord. However, if they wanted to make a more aggressive tank or a more buff oriented healer for variety, an Avenging Paladin and an Inspiring Warlord could still fill the positions, while offering more differed play styles.

TL;DR
    - Based on the information available, the next four classes will be: Scourge Warlock, Archer Ranger, Inspiring Warlord and Protecting Paladin.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in 51 days
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soon!(tm)

Best guess however is that Dragonborn (race), Dual Weapon Ranger (class) and Scourge Warlock (class) are due up next due to people poking around.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been wary of making new characters since I don't want to buy new character slots, but I would like to play an archer, a bard and a monk, IF such classes were ever implemented. Perhaps even some kind of war-wizard/scourge warlock whatever... just as SOON as I decide to go ahead and level a Guardian Fighter, though, I'll have to either delete her or buy a slot to accommodate a new class, I just know it. :D
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Menzo Renegade also get 1 or 2 custom starting background flavors that the regular Drow won't have access to.
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its Dragonborn, Scourge Warlock and Archer Ranger as most of the abilities were found in data mining and posted all over the web.
  • Options
    bahzyobahzyo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i want to be a spellblade!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    Soon!(tm)

Best guess however is that Dragonborn (race), Dual Weapon Ranger (class) and Scourge Warlock (class) are due up next due to people poking around.

You said "best guess" otherwise I would have said you're making this up. It's Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock that were found in files. One of which was said to have been "pretty much ready" for OB release, but they wanted to work on a bit more to really iron it out. I don't feel like finding you these quotes; just go looking if you want confirmation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]