test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How will the Drow race be different form the Menzzobaranzan Renegade race?

mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So do I understand this right? They have talked about introducing the Drow race about 60 days after launch? Will they be different from the Heros of the North founders Drow?

If folks payed that much money for a supposedly unique and limited race (among the other things in the package) and it ends up being unique in name only...

Well it would go a long way to lending credence to all the threads saying these guys are money grubbing soulless captitolist's who care nothing for the community.
Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
Post edited by mightyqu1nn on

Comments

• Options
    alberelleonhartalberelleonhart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They'll have different racial bonuses and probably won't have access to the unique tattoo options the founders race got.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to say ' just the tattoos '
  • Options
    nerbelethnerbeleth Member Posts: 362 Former Developer
    edited May 2013
    enjoy your 200$ tats.
    Parity Tester
    sig2.png

I7 4770k OC////Asus formula VI extreme////seasonic platinum 1000w PSU////GTx 780TI SC////32 ghz ram kingston hyperX predators////NXZT phantom 820
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will...

Because of them it allows you to play the game for free...
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nerbeleth wrote: »
    enjoy your 200$ tats.

It's okay, one day you may have cash to throw around as well ;)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    nulltimenulltime Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They stated that the drow renegade racial debuff, tattoo, clothing, and mount will all stay unique to the Hero Founder. The regular drow will not have those things.

Read that yesterday.

Was also reading they do something similar in their other games as well so there is precedent.
  • Options
    princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nerbeleth wrote: »
    enjoy your 200$ tats.

It's no biggie to be honest, my half sleeve cost over a grand.
  • Options
    skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I took a risk when buying the HOTN founders pack before the game was even released, and I'm glad I did but would also like to think that perfect world can come up with something other than unique tattoos if I've paid
  • Options
    bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »

Maybe one day you will develop more sense than change in your pocket, I guess that's asking too much of the gaming community though.
  • Options
    mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    Also in the interest of full disclosure I am one of those who laid out the 200 clams. BTW how do I enable the little blue Forum title? cant seem to find an option in the CP?
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • Options
    skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I took a risk when buying the HOTN founders pack before the game was even released, and I'm glad I did but would also like to think that perfect world can come up with something other than unique tattoos if I've paid
  • Options
    psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BTW how do I enable the little blue Forum title?
    Try here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups
  • Options
    peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »

Spoken like a true regretful person. Insult someone who was smart enough to do due diligence.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks that did it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    peterfs wrote: »
    Spoken like a true regretful person. Insult someone who was smart enough to do due diligence.

I have zero buyers remorse, if I couldnt have afforded it I wouldnt have bought it. I am an older gamer who makes a decent living. I had the cash I love D&D and for me the game thus far is fantastic. Granted there are bugs and issues that need to be worked out but all the little whiners and doomsayers are part of what helps kill any game that has a ton of potential.

The expectations that most gamers seem to have now is unreasonable in terms of the sheer magnitude of these projects. Yes there are some things that need to be ironed out and fixed, but people seem to forget how long games like WoW that have now been out for eons by comparison took to get to the state they are in.

That being said, I am not a fan of the direction that the industry is going in regard to "micro" transactions. It is a slippery slope when you begin charging for things like inventory and bank slots when they give you such minimal space out of the gate.
  • Options
    wowcloanwowcloan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have zero buyers remorse, if I couldnt have afforded it I wouldnt have bought it. I am an older gamer who makes a decent living. I had the cash I love D&D and for me the game thus far is fantastic. Granted there are bugs and issues that need to be worked out but all the little whiners and doomsayers are part of what helps kill any game that has a ton of potential.

The expectations that most gamers seem to have now is unreasonable in terms of the sheer magnitude of these projects. Yes there are some things that need to be ironed out and fixed, but people seem to forget how long games like WoW that have now been out for eons by comparison took to get to the state they are in.

That being said, I am not a fan of the direction that the industry is going in regard to "micro" transactions. It is a slippery slope when you begin charging for things like inventory and bank slots when they give you such minimal space out of the gate.

/agree.
    They charge for things you have no choice but to buy. In this case just don't call it free to play.. it is technically correct, and only technically. The only comparison that comes to mind is like saying poor tenant farmers who's only choice was to work for nothing more than room and board weren't slaves..technically, but actually they were in equivalence. I know it's a dramatic analogy but it's the only one that came up right off hand.