test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian pack price 59.99$ is not 55.99

acertusacertus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Why is it that when you are from Europe you have to pay 10€ more then everybody else?
59.99$ is 45.67€ not 55.99€.
I can buy 10 key's with the difference!

Thanks for the answer,

Ace
Post edited by acertus on

Comments

• Options
    hate90hate90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's the stupid PWE's policy - Europeans have to pay more than other players. It does make such a great sense, especially when you come from EU country like Czech Republic or Poland where average income is 1/3 of that in US, but you still have to pay more for everything than ppl from US - LOL.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing about PWE's police. I don't know if you've beem paying attention to the price of NA based products, but this happens for everything. Might want to look into your tax law, it seems far too consistent to just be corporate greed.
  • Options
    lilahmcmanuslilahmcmanus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's the same in guild wars 2 as well. only blizzard got the conversion right, especially if you're playing on a US server from europe as i used to. you get to pay in dollars with paypal which is awesome. they never implemented it in europe
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is VAT being applied across the board for Europ regardless if your individual country has it or not. Like it or not, that is what it is.
  • Options
    phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It still boils down to false advertisement however. 55.99 $ is NOT 55.99 Euro! If there's a price difference it needs to be mentioned CLEARLY on the page it's advertised on.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Due to semi-recent European Laws the VAT must be applied on the purchase and must be paid by the customer.
    I am afraid it is out of PWE's control. :(

The price difference is from your country. It's a tax applied on top of the fee. The price listed is the price basically every country outside of Europe pays.

It is up to you to know whether your country chooses to tax digital transactions or not just as it is up to me to know how much tax I have to pay on any product purchased online. :)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And if that idiotic Internet Tax thing occurs in the US, then Americans will suffer from the same idiotic policy that Europeans have to.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How hard would it be for Cryptic to add a "plus associated taxes" to their total on the founders page?

It would only need to be done once and would stop these kind of posts.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    In my opinion it is because to the large majority of the world there are no taxes.

Instead of having these posts there would be posts from the rest of the world worried about how much the tax is and such when it is limited to one region enforced by one set of laws. At that point you're simply putting a false warning.

It would scare away customers which are outside of a tax zone.
  • Options
    hate90hate90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some companies - like Gameforge - have the same prices for all players for their products, whether they come from EU or US. What is more: recently they even implemented in one of their product slightly lower prices for players coming from countries with lower PKB than the rest of EU, just to give those ppl chance to compete with others. On the other hand PWE forces players from EU to pay more from their wallets because of international tax regulations. GG. Greed above all.
  • Options
    awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    And this is the reason why I will not be buying any zen. Items from the zen store are already expensive to begin with, but when you add in tax, it's just not worth it anymore.
  • Options
    peter425peter425 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    European kings and queens need to eat too. :p
  • Options
    ltbladeltblade Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its not pwe or cryptics fault they set the price that everyone pays its the EU that taxes you try using paypal with a better currency rate to make it cheaper then EU but dont blame them I am in Australia and I pay alittle less at times due to conversion rates in the US with paypal. you want to complain send a letter to your government.
  • Options
    acertusacertus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now that you mention tax, I live in Belgium and here we pay 21% tax.
    It would be wise to make it clear in the price that there is 21% tax involved.
    Well to be honest 55€ is to much for the guardian pack, not even a AAA title cost that much in the shop here.
    Oh well, guess i'l stick with the Zen once in a while.

Ace