test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Take my money!

selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Would love to see a paid race change available. Of course depending on race a free respec may come out of it (humans cough cough)

Why do you want to spend money on a free game?!
I do the free surveys and my bank is full of dye packs. Need other things to spend it on!

Get more AD then
Don't need it!

We don't need more overpriced services in the Cash shop!

Then don't buy! *highfive*

This will break PVP!
I don't PVP so....yeah.

But! But! Insert random complaint here!
{◕ ◡ ◕}

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
"Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
Post edited by selaral on

Comments

• horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Want to know a way the can make big bucks?

For $25 allow you to create a class that you can pick any powers from any class pool as you level. That right there would give you the DnD feel to character building and people would come, not once each... but several times each as they alt.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At OP: Race change option has been requested in STO for three years. Devs always report it's a major tech hurdle to accomplish - but they are investigating it. ~shrugs~

AT Horrorscope666 (awesome handle!) Yes, Champions Online does this (I think they sell it for $50) - it makes a lot of sense there because there are too many different class and powers to count. It doesn't make sense in neverwinter because the powers are class-specific. For example, it would be freakish and totally immersion-breaking to see a Trickster Rogue throwing and Ice spell AOE effect or something.

In wither case, it's just too early. Cryptic is focussing on bugs right now, then they'll focus on new content (Z-Store type stuff) then they'll work on more -in-game content, then once they (Cryptic in general) have found their groove, ideas like these will be taken more seriously by them. :)
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really want to change my Guardian from a Dwarf to anything else, I have yet to find a helmet where my huge dwarven snout does not clip through the helmet in some way, it looks ridiculous, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I am looking to change my human alt to a half elf. RP reasons and whatnot and while the extra feats are nice I decided after 7 years of Min/maxing on Wow for 7-8 years I want to sit back and do what -I- want to do for once.

"Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The surveys give dye packs?
    10mr4gl.png
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surveys give Zen. I used that Zen to buy dye packs because I love to try and look different.

• horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    AT Horrorscope666 (awesome handle!) Yes, Champions Online does this (I think they sell it for $50) - it makes a lot of sense there because there are too many different class and powers to count. It doesn't make sense in neverwinter because the powers are class-specific. For example, it would be freakish and totally immersion-breaking to see a Trickster Rogue throwing and Ice spell AOE effect or something.

Yeah I can see that. But how bouts this.... more DnD'ish. When you level you can change professions once or twice, just thinking out loud.

So you start at Cleric level up to 10, then say you switch to CW, from there you can pick powers in their tree as if you are level 1 CW and level up from there. You can then pick power from Cleric up to 10 and CW for the rest of the build, up to level 50 CW once you hit 60.

So now you can do this with any 2 professions for example and you can choose which level to do this at, early, mid level, late all up to you on what makes sense. To me just allowing that, adds a lot of character build depth. I'm California dreaming.