test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leveling Up, Stacking Power or Crit?

mabusgamingmabusgaming Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Any idea which is better as your leveling up?
Post edited by mabusgaming on

Comments

• Options
    berzerker75berzerker75 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    probably power, cause thats raw damage vs. a percentile of a chance to crit.
  • Options
    arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Crit is only useful if there are abilities and talents that give you an advantage if you crit. Like if an ability says: "% chance to gain X whenever you crit" or "gain Y if you crit" or whatever, then it's worth stacking crit cause you want to trigger that activation ability as often as possible. But so far, my level 27 rogue doesn't have any of that!

So prioritize power and armor penetration!

Cause stacking Crit is a gamble! If you like gambling, then stack for crit. In many MMORPGs I've played, people prefer going all out-Crit just cause they like seeing huge numbers! But those same people will occasionally be at the bottom of the damage meters if luck isn't on their side. So it's all up to you.
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 404 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Plus, some mobs are immune to crits, making them very difficult for crit builds to take down.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wickermoonwickermoon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A bit off-topic, but is recovery viable as a substitute to ArPen?

The reasoning for me is that, by lowering your CDs for your encounters you're able to activate your encounters more often. Considering the Scoundrel path with it's 35% chance to gain 15% of your Action Points on using an encounter and thus upping the uptime of your daily's (to name but one example), this seems viable to me.
  • Options
    polpopopolpopo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For CW crit also increase the power(Idk if this happen with the other classes). I have tested with different gears that have the same amound of crit and power and in some cases the damage are the same in other it's only differ for a few numbers.