test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New classes to come?

manzillastompmanzillastomp Member Posts: 6
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey everyone I really like control wizard, but all the other classes kinda bore me. Anyone have any inside knowledge as to what new classes are yet to come?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone I really like control wizard, but all the other classes kinda bore me. Anyone have any inside knowledge as to what new classes are yet to come?

Need a range striker.....
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Archer and Warlock are incomming... but no date has been specified.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Scourge Warlock(striker archtype much like rogue), Archer Ranger(striker archtype), Two-Blade Ranger(melee striker archtype). These are your near future with the Warlock being the nearest imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicholasbandurnicholasbandur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant even decide a class now.
  • pnellesenpnellesen Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would love to see a melee-capable Cleric to go along with Devoted Cleric.
    edited May 2013
    I would love a class that can unleash a fury of hell in magic or some form

but no class exists
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    with my keybinds and this target system, a archer sounds very <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me atm.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    I'm struggling to enjoy the classes myself. I would love to play a paladin, necromancer or ranger.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Scourge Warlock(striker archtype much like rogue), Archer Ranger(striker archtype), Two-Blade Ranger(melee striker archtype). These are your near future with the Warlock being the nearest imo.

WOT?!111? NO PALA?? FAIL!1!111!

just kidding. But that's a hell of a lot of strikers
  • scruffycavetrollscruffycavetroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    hey hey, what's that other race they have there that's "Coming soon" is it half-dragon?
    edited May 2013
    im not transfering my rares and rare relics to a character untill i can decide 1 and enjoy it
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey hey, what's that other race they have there that's "Coming soon" is it half-dragon?

Drow /tenchars
  • istianisistianis Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2013
    I personally think they should branch into something else then strikers to start with :) too many of those allready.

Side question , when will they actually add the paragon paths.... not much of diversity with only one path being open.
    edited May 2013
    is there a build for thaumaturge wizard and is it any good?
  • denniefdennief Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys..strikers, paladins...no! We need BARD!
    Sorry for my english. Im russian.
    edited May 2013
    dennief wrote: »
    Guys..strikers, paladins...no! We need BARD!

We need a lot of classes and bard is a good candidate but with the lack of a Battle Cleric, I think Paladin is more important and iconic and if they don't add it I will cry and stomp me feet!
  • fafhrydfafhryd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't even recognise the classes in this. Oh for old(er) style D&D....
  • kaptenkulakaptenkula Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On what level +/- can you go into your first instace and what is the name of that instance?
  • scruffycavetrollscruffycavetroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Drow /tenchars

are you sure? I have the hero of the north pack, and that opened up the drow for me...you might be right, just want to be sure...this is the hooded character just to the right of center of the screen I believe.
    edited May 2013
    are you sure? I have the hero of the north pack, and that opened up the drow for me...you might be right, just want to be sure...this is the hooded character just to the right of center of the screen I believe.

It's supposed to be a drow for people who didn't buy Founder, also it's a normal drow not the menzoberranzan renegade you get with HoTN

http://nwowiki.co/index.php?title=Drow
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited May 2013
    Ranger (probably archer, since there is nothing like that)

Druid

Melee cleric

Barbarian

Paladin

Striker wizard

Order of appearance doesn't matter, really. There is simply too much iconic character types left out of this game.
    Doesn't feel very DnD-ish.
    I'd play melee cleric or striker wizard but since they aren't present I'm stuck with guardian fighter with no real need to try any other class.
  • xdreeganxxdreeganx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason for having so many strikers coming out is very simple. You're always going to have more classes meant for Dealing Damage than anything else in a game, for various reasons.

1) DPS IS FUN! LOOK AT THE NUMBERS!!!!
    - Face it.. people love to kill ****. Smite it with fire, crush it with force, dice it up with blades. Doing big numbers, killing quickly, and doing it with flash and style is a big selling point for a lot of players. Fireballs, arrows, and samurai action!

2) Ever look at a basic party setup?
    - 1 Tank. 1 Healer. 3 Strikers. In a group of 5 3/5 people are there to kill ****. In this game it can be more forgiving, but in a basic MMORPG setup, you will always have more strikers than anything else.

3) Da Designs!
    - Designing classes outside of those that deal damage is actually quite challenging. Damage can come in lots of forms, flavors and with varying mechanics. But... how can we make healing interesting and different from what we already have? What other kind of Tanking mechanisms can we put in the game, and how can we make it fun for the players using that class that they wouldn't be able to enjoy without playing a Guardian Fighter, but still making them feel different and unique?

Game Design is ****in' hard yo.

They all make sense, and Reason 3 is a BIG ONE! It might sound easy to sit around with your buds, or on a forum and hash out an idea, but implementing that, and filling the criteria of effectiveness/unique/fun-to-play is one of the hardest things to create for such a integral part of the group.

wtb Warlock/Two-Blade
    MQl1o52.png
    Arrows and Blades do not have names on them.
    They are addressed, "To whom it may concern.."
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    It's supposed to be a drow for people who didn't buy Founder, also it's a normal drow not the menzoberranzan renegade you get with HoTN

http://nwowiki.co/index.php?title=Drow

thanks. guess all they needed to release it early for all those who wanted to make drizzl du bizzle clones.
    edited May 2013
    thanks. guess all they needed to release it early for all those who wanted to make drizzl du bizzle clones.

Yep, hit the nail on the head
  • bluenativebluenative Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would personally love to see a ranger added hopefully it is in this patch ^.^
  • lpsxlpsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Avariels (elf class, powers, bladesong )

don't forget the Bards, both these are forgotten realms heroes & Pala
  • capnevcapnev Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would like to see an alternative tank class come out sooner rather than later, just to help get a few more in the game and those dungeon queue's get quicker. I'm guessing the Paladin will be geared towards that role.
  • nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's supposed to be 1 tank 1 leader(healer) 1 control 2 strikers as far as I know, because there is a controller type class, and wizard is one of them.

You can look up all the 4th edition classes, but fair warning, don't get your hopes up, even with existing classes and paragons there are a lot more (some much more cooling sounding) spells and abilities that were not included in this game, if you don't already know about them, and you go looking at the full range of possibilities for existing classes you'd possibly just be disapointing yourself v.v