test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ROGUE pvp - STEALTH targetable

inannukinannuk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
why can you target a stealthed rogue in pvp? :-W
Post edited by inannuk on

Comments

• warbossenfowarbossenfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why does 24 of the guardian feats do absolutely nothing?

That is just the way the devs made the game, deal with it.
  • martyx68martyx68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because rogue OP :D
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inannuk wrote: »

because the aoe of the cleric is intended so, to unstealth the hidden enemies.
  • inannukinannuk Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    because the aoe of the cleric is intended so, to unstealth the hidden enemies.

i'm talking bout another rogue/gf/gwf not cleric
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm talking bout another rogue/gf/gwf not cleric

strange, that should not happen... >_>
  • notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why does 24 of the guardian feats do absolutely nothing?

Really? Wow that's even worse than the CW bugs.
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    strange, that should not happen... >_>

yes, should not.. now a rogue can't do **** in pvp.
  • cleansweepercleansweeper Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if you come into close range they might detect?
    edited May 2013
    Maybe if you come into close range they might detect?
    that's bullsh1t
  • vertaniusvertanius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is GWF complete trash for 40 levels? Why can a rogue crit me for higher than my max health? Why does the rogue daily hit me while I've dodged away from it? Is a rogue really complaining about PvP? You best be joking.
  • warbossenfowarbossenfo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you come into close range you are detected. Simple as that.

And GWF is so gear dependent its not even funny.

As soon as you get yourself an awesome set of gear ( ie - level 60 tier 2 pve ) then the PVP turns into a joke.
  • darkwingz88darkwingz88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No actually bigger problem - when you are ranged and you stealth while someone is targetting you and starts his encounter ability animation that hits hard but for example takes 1-2 sec to cast - you still are going to be hit by it.

Thats broken.
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impossible to catch dosent seem to work at all either. ive been man handled immediately after activating the skill and dodge absolutly ZERO. and still snatched up in the air by a cw. what is the point in the skill please tell me
  • kee1zkee1z Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I suppose since rogue is able to detect and disarm traps, maybe one is another to detect another, I didn't come across being detected by other classes as I was running past them unless they were attacking me before hand, so yeah :)
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you get too close to them, they will see you
    edited May 2013
    Look if you are in close range then you are detected and there is that "fwoosh" sound. So im pretty much playing without music to fast react to rogues approaching me.

Whats broken though - is that enemy encounter non instant cast should be disrupted by stealthing.

About rogue using execution daily - ive multiplie killed people with it that used dodge/teleport because of lags? I dont know why but it have also pretty insane range. Like a 5meters spear or something.
  • bobzebrickbobzebrick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vertanius wrote: »
    Why is GWF complete trash for 40 levels? Why can a rogue crit me for higher than my max health? Why does the rogue daily hit me while I've dodged away from it? Is a rogue really complaining about PvP? You best be joking.

This... TR complaining about PvP, really just no.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because you are hiding in shadows, not in separate dimension?
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are you dumb? theres no targetting in this game - how can anyone 'target' you? whats happening is you are taking damage while stealthed. sorry you dont get an long duration immunity WHILE stealthed. Dont be stupid

only 5 year olds play rogues and qq that they cant 1hko everything in the game

and that dodge is a mechanic you shouldnt even have with all the other **** you get. it works too well your just bad
  • am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because in the game this game is based on, D&D 4E, there is no stealth. There is Hidden, there is concealment, but no stealth. There is invisibility, which Rogues do not possess.
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are you dumb? theres no targetting in this game - how can anyone 'target' you? whats happening is you are taking damage while stealthed. sorry you dont get an long duration immunity WHILE stealthed. Dont be stupid

only 5 year olds play rogues and qq that they cant 1hko everything in the game

and that dodge is a mechanic you shouldnt even have with all the other **** you get. it works too well your just bad

i think u just called urself dumb bro.... there is targeting... it has to really suck to be so ignorant i bet
    edited May 2013
    am0nr3x wrote: »
    Because in the game this game is based on, D&D 4E, there is no stealth. There is Hidden, there is concealment, but no stealth. There is invisibility, which Rogues do not possess.

Boy oh boy, glad we can hide in middle of the empty space in a full daylight.
    Guess how hard it would be to pull of with all the modifiers.

"Its based on 4e" doesnt apply. Its also funny how its name "stealth" ingame.
    edited May 2013
    i donno why u guys are so ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. stealth means "undetectable by ur foe". it says in ability description. i do not care about feat points on GWF, i'm speaking bout the rogue class. i know u take damage in stealth, BUT how can a CW for example see and hit me with a non - aoe spell? i'm in za ****in stealth. u must not see me till i brake it. also to the guy who said this game has no targeting, i suggest you go play something else. or keep CTRL pressed. it makes wonder sometimes
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i donno why u guys are so ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. stealth means "undetectable by ur foe". it says in ability description. i do not care about feat points on GWF, i'm speaking bout the rogue class. i know u take damage in stealth, BUT how can a CW for example see and hit me with a non - aoe spell? i'm in za ****in stealth. u must not see me till i brake it. also to the guy who said this game has no targeting, i suggest you go play something else. or keep CTRL pressed. it makes wonder sometimes
    Because hiding like 30cm from other players face doesn't really work?
    Like I said, its stealth, not switching to other dimension.

And if that is still not enough for you, how about 'balance' word? Sorry, but even rogues can't have it all.
  • thedecentofglorythedecentofglory Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets sort this out, what pvp bracket are you doing?
  • mreptmrept Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't give a rat's *** about what the tooltip says. If you stealth right in front of me... I'll know you're there. If you walk right past me, I'll know you're there.

You are NOT hiding in plain sight. You are NOT concealing yourself through magic.
    So if you get too close to someone, they WILL see you, and they WILL target you.
    edited May 2013
    Lets sort this out, what pvp bracket are you doing?

domination. im 35.
    edited May 2013
    mrept wrote: »
    I don't give a rat's *** about what the tooltip says. If you stealth right in front of me... I'll know you're there. If you walk right past me, I'll know you're there.

You are NOT hiding in plain sight. You are NOT concealing yourself through magic.
    So if you get too close to someone, they WILL see you, and they WILL target you.

yes dude, what you are sayin is true. im sayin that i stealth in base, advancing into middle battleground where there is a CW (for ex). and he can see me coming AND hit me while i'm in stealth charging towards him. i'm not talkin bout 1mm. im NOT near him. but he can target / see / hit me. HOW ?