test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Celestial Coins not accumulating properly

frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
First: I'm aware that if you do not Invocate once every 24 hours, you lose them all.

Despite this I am 100% positive that I have logged on every day since I began playing during the head start and invocated with my main character. So today marks the 13th consecutive day of play for me, yet I only have 7 Celestial Coins. I do have 13 Ardent coins. I'm sure it's working properly for some/most people, or there'd be a huge outcry by now. But I noticed this today when I actually checked my money bag.

I thought you were guaranteed 1 Ardent & 1 Celestial coin/day on your first invocation of the day?
Post edited by frozentreats on

Comments

• Options
    zewbewmewfewzewbewmewfew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The cap on Celestial Coins is seven. Go buy a chest of Enchantments at the Vaults of Piety to continue getting more..
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Celestial coins are odd in the way they work. Yes - they are capped at 7 - so when you get 7: spend them.

ALSO - you only receive a Celestial (and Ardent) coin on "first invocation of the day" - but after your very first invocation - something ODD happens. It might just be the way I perceive it - but I'll explain what happened to that I noticed - and anyone reading this can come to their own conclusions...

I have a main and two alts. My alts are leveled up to 20 and sitting dormant until I get my main up to 60 (so they already have mounts, etc when I'm ready to go with them).

I login every morning to invoke and collect my coins before I go into work for the day. My main always receives her coins when I invoke at that time. However, my two alts did NOT receive their coins, even though it was the "first invocation" of the day. However, they DID get their coins when I invoked that evening when I logged-in to actually do some playing. So I skipped a day of invoking... then the the following mooring I invoke as I usually do early in the morning - now all three get their initial daily coin at the same time.

My theory: "First invoke of the day" is not timed based on real world clock (for example: reset at midnight Pacific time) - but rather on the game clock - reset at the same time each day based on the time of day you first invoked at all. Since I leveled these two alts and hit the invoking level in the afternoon - the "first invoke of the day" "reset" seemed to be at that same time the next day. The 28-hour countdown seems to reset when you get your coins (not from the most recent invoke of the day).

By skipping a day for these two alts, allowing the rest to happen, then invoking in the next morning have now reset the "daily invoke for coins" time to the new "countdown" timer starting time.

Confusing, I know - but once you figure it out it kind of makes sense when you realize it's not a "invoke" countdown timer, but rather a "receives coins" countdown timer.

Now that I have all three characters synchronized I login in the morning, go to first character - invoke, logout, go to next character - invoke, rinse and repeat. This is why I make sure I am always standing at a campfire when I am finished playing for the day and logout from there.
  • Options
    frozentreatsfrozentreats Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't realize there was a soft cap, and that Celestials had to be spent.
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    invocation has around a 20h reset from the time you're given coins.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    invocation has around a 20h reset from the time you're given coins.

That's Daily quests. Invoke Coins are 1 Day plus 5 hours = 29 hours. I've experimented and in my experience with those the 29-hour countdown feels pretty accurate. #justsaying