test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RPG? Help us out a little..

geoja111geoja111 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Honestly when I first thought of this game I was really excited thinking it would be flooded with RP and tools for doing so. But right now we're seriously limited we cant even lie down in game. I have multiple suggestions I can roll off of off the top of my head.

Housing? Plenty of games have done it just create an instance where there is alot of purchasable houses so that we can actually visit other peoples houses and such.

Guild Halls? If you can/cant add indidual player housing at least give us guild halls that we can congregate at for some guild RP. I would create a Guild Hall in the foundry but considering I can only have 4 people + myself in a party it's not really built for Guild RP.

More Emotes? Give us some basic emotes please! Also you can add in some more emotes zen store..Such as walking animations and idling animations and such that way you're getting something out of it too.

maybe some more customization maybe its just me but right now I feel especially during the leveling experience the gear look on some classes doesn't change much the dying part I really like but my weapon for the majority of the leveling experience looked the same constantly.

Mount Customization ? Some way of making our mounts look a little more unique maybe? Armor trims and such

Less instancing would help a ton right now the only way to find any RP is in the moonstone mask and if you want to RP walk around the city ( Dunno say for example your showing someone around town) You end up in separate instances and then have to wait for over a minute before you can switch instances then when you do swap it sends you back to the top of the enclave so you have to run all the way back down to resume RP. It's a huge pain and breaks immersion.

These are just a few basic suggestions that I think would improve the game alot.
Post edited by geoja111 on

Comments

• acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    geoja111 wrote: »
    we cant even lie down in game.

It's possible this is intentional. The emote exists - in Star Trek Online, which uses the same engine and animation system as Neverwinter. A lot of our emotes are lifted directly from Champions and STO, Neverwinter's sister games. Hell, NPCs can be set to lie down in the Foundry, too. It's just not available to players. I wonder if it's an anti-ERPer measure.
    Housing? Plenty of games have done it

Games like Champions and STO - they have player housing (hideouts and starship interiors). It's likely this will come eventually, because Cryptic Studios has taken pretty much every other system originally introduced in those games and put them in Neverwinter.
    Guild Halls?

Star Trek Online has guild housing. Fleet starbases in STO are mostly for RP space, but they do have some functional use - mainly unlocking access to special vendors and gear.
    Less instancing would help a ton

This is probably not going to change, unfortunately. It's a basic product of how Champions Online, Star Trek Online, and Neverwinter are set up - the game client, server architecture and so on is all geared towards heavy instancing. That's how the game works. They can't change this without massive time and effort.
  • theblackpawntheblackpawn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twenty years ago in the original release of Neverwinter Nights on AOL, we had nothing. And because of that, we had everything.

We had no housing, no guild halls, no built-in emotes, no mounts, extremely limted customization, etc. And it delivered better RP than I've seen in any graphical online game since. Oh, and people consistently paid upwards of $300/mo in connect fees.

RP is what you make of it. If you have good and motivated RPers then it doesn't matter what tools are in-game. RP is driven by players and not driven by "is there a built in emote which makes my avatar wave its arms". If you think that RP is restricted because your avatar cannot lie down in game, then maybe you're not as good a RPer as you think you are.

Is the new Neverwinter a perfect game? Of course not. Would additional chrome be fun and cool? Of course. But the only thing that is preventing you from RP is yourself and the players that you're interacting with.
    Original NWN (on AOL) Player

Zor'ak Lylyl (TOL)
    Jhaelryna Rilynt'tar (TOL ex-GM)

Irongrim (Clan Axepeak)
    Gaglug
  • breaditebreadite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Twenty years ago in the original release of Neverwinter Nights on AOL, we had nothing. And because of that, we had everything.

We had no housing, no guild halls, no built-in emotes, no mounts, extremely limted customization, etc. And it delivered better RP than I've seen in any graphical online game since. Oh, and people consistently paid upwards of $300/mo in connect fees.

RP is what you make of it. If you have good and motivated RPers then it doesn't matter what tools are in-game. RP is driven by players and not driven by "is there a built in emote which makes my avatar wave its arms". If you think that RP is restricted because your avatar cannot lie down in game, then maybe you're not as good a RPer as you think you are.

Is the new Neverwinter a perfect game? Of course not. Would additional chrome be fun and cool? Of course. But the only thing that is preventing you from RP is yourself and the players that you're interacting with.

This guy gets it
  • geoja111geoja111 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I didnt say RP is impossible I just want to enhance it, Alot of the problems in game break immersion, I wasnt complaining about RP i was merely making suggestions.