test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Map Change Portals Appear When Objective Complete

nwobrocknwobrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 151 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
How can I make this happen?

It looks like any component that is used as a map entrance/exit MUST be visible at all times. How can I make it so the portal only appears when the final objective on that map is complete?

Example:

Portal is invisible

NPC: "Thanks for completing that quest! I will open a portal for you to return home!"

Portal becomes visible

Right now I'm having to hide the portals behind a wall or inside a rock or bush...then make the other stuff disappear to achieve the illusion of the portal appearing.
Post edited by nwobrock on

Comments

• raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't do it. You have to do what you're doing and hide it with other things. imo, it's a big omission on the functionality of the foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    place the portal as a Detail item, do NOT make it the exit.
    Set the portal to Appear When the last objective is complete.

Now go to Detail, search for "Invis" and select an Invisible Interactable (I use Invisible Interactable Spheare 80x80 I believe (servers are down, cant confirm)) Use this Invisible Object as your exit.

This is the only way i have found around it, and it works in most cases.
    I do hope they add that though, a "Appear when objective complete" thing..
    also they should add Appear When and Disappear When to normal Teleporters...
  • incendiarywaveincendiarywave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great answer. Have been wondering this myself. I wish there weren't so many tricks that you had to know to use the foundry though.
    The Storm Family Tale: Of Kobolds and a Woman
    NW-DGXUGRSN6