test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keep an eye out - Zen/AD market is leveling out

hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just logged in and checked the market, as I always do. Purchasing Zen is getting more affordable very quickly - It's down 50 AD/pZ from where it was yesterday. I'll keep this thread up-to-date with market trends.

Zen Prices as of 12:07pm, 09/05 (PDT)
Buying; ~387 AD/pZ (385 min, outlier by 5 AD/pZ)
Selling; ~387 AD/pZ

Prices are based on Beholder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
Post edited by hipolipolopigus on

Comments

• cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And it will spike this weekend. Mid week always has a lower exchange in every game. Wait to the weekend and it will be up to 450s again.
  • kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If the zen/AD exchange is server specific might want to include the server name with this.

It was at about 400 on beholder anyways.
  • lithurinlithurin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon is at about 380 ten mins before down time, I cashed in on a couple of profession booster packs.
  • purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When I started playing (on the 25th) I had around 2m AD and stupid me traded half of it for zen shortly after at 499 AD per 1 zen. Obviously I'm new to this. Only thing that Im still currently mad about is somehow 600,000-800,000 AD has disappeared and I don't know how. I've submitted a ticket and they have still not got back to me.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'll be more interesting to see where the prices are in 2-3+ months, when the initial giant pool of Founder AD have been used (since so much AD flows out of the economy via the AD vendors, auction fees, and things like enchanting/appearance changes/etc) and all we have to run on is the 24k/day that each character can create.
  • stannieestanniee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here purpleorbees, have lost alot of AD via auction house sales where u get empty mail attachments and its been maybe 10 days but no reply on tickets yet
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It is interesting but one thing to keep in mind is that the availability of AD in the auction house will go down at the same time. They are both consequences of the same phenomenon. So while zen gets cheaper AD gets harder to come by. Whether or not that will even out to be practically the same thing as it is now remains to be seen.

The smart thing to do right now is to save all your AD while keeping an eye on the value of it.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I started playing (on the 25th) I had around 2m AD and stupid me traded half of it for zen shortly after at 499 AD per 1 zen. Obviously I'm new to this. Only thing that Im still currently mad about is somehow 600,000-800,000 AD has disappeared and I don't know how. I've submitted a ticket and they have still not got back to me.
    I had a ticket open for two weeks before they got back to me (Yesterday)... Hang in there! :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stanniee wrote: »
    Same here purpleorbees, have lost alot of AD via auction house sales where u get empty mail attachments and its been maybe 10 days but no reply on tickets yet

What happens is, you get duplicated email and only one has the attachment but if you delete the other one, you lose both mails. Of course, your problem could have been caused by other things, but I saw this happening quite a few times
  • gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Actually, you can see order sizes, and that's much more relevant than prices.

And those have been increasing a lot. Last weekend orders at each price were around 1.000 ZEN.
    Today, they were around 10.000 ZEN.

I'm not sure if things are server-specific, so I can't say anything long-term. Also, there are no clear numbers out for how many founders there were, so no clear lump of AD.

But, if you take a 380 rate...10.000 ZEN ==>> people need to convert 3.800.000 AD to move the price 1-2 ZEN up. Right now the upward pressure from people gaining AD in game and using it to buy Zen-items is very weak compared to people throwing money at the devs and transforming it into AD.

Will be fun to see how the most common commodity (Enchanted Keys) goes about. It was trading at a loss until Monday (450 AD/zen = was worth 56k+, but people were selling them for 40-50k), but is now much closer to value, yet rising.

And now people are throwing in Gold and Glory! It's chaos!!!!
  • thezarzethezarze Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You also have to think that criptic/pwe could have ingame people who raise the zen/AD exchange to keep it at a convenient rate for the company.This is known to happen in other mmos so dont think the rate will go much lower.What happens is that when the company realizes that the economy is running low on AD , they would inject AD through AH, zen exchange, etc so it levels up again.
    This is my opinion of course but if you guys google this issue, you will see that it happens often in F2P mmos.
  • hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gunman wrote: »
    Actually, you can see order sizes, and that's much more relevant than prices.

And those have been increasing a lot. Last weekend orders at each price were around 1.000 ZEN.
    Today, they were around 10.000 ZEN.

I'm not sure if things are server-specific, so I can't say anything long-term. Also, there are no clear numbers out for how many founders there were, so no clear lump of AD.

But, if you take a 380 rate...10.000 ZEN ==>> people need to convert 3.800.000 AD to move the price 1-2 ZEN up. Right now the upward pressure from people gaining AD in game and using it to buy Zen-items is very weak compared to people throwing money at the devs and transforming it into AD.

Will be fun to see how the most common commodity (Enchanted Keys) goes about. It was trading at a loss until Monday (450 AD/zen = was worth 56k+, but people were selling them for 40-50k), but is now much closer to value, yet rising.

And now people are throwing in Gold and Glory! It's chaos!!!!
    Actually, prices are just as relevant as order sizes, if not more-so. Even if people undercut by 1 AD/pZ, that's a significant drop in the overall cost of any subsequent orders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good thing I cashed out when Zen was around 490 per.

I made a killing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    thezarze wrote: »
    You also have to think that criptic/pwe could have ingame people who raise the zen/AD exchange to keep it at a convenient rate for the company.This is known to happen in other mmos so dont think the rate will go much lower.What happens is that when the company realizes that the economy is running low on AD , they would inject AD through AH, zen exchange, etc so it levels up again.
    This is my opinion of course but if you guys google this issue, you will see that it happens often in F2P mmos.

Given that Star Trek (run by the same people) has had it's prices fall (given the massive complaining threads by the zen sellers on their forums) down to the 90-130 level over the past year.... I doubt they have people keeping prices high.

...and actually, with the way the system works, "low" prices are better for PWE/Cryptic. Say you're a dude buying Zen to exchange for AD. You need 2mil AD. If the exchange is at 500? You don't need to buy nearly as many zen as if the exchange is at 100. So the conspiracy theory would be fed if the price was dropping like a meteor.
  • redstorm55redstorm55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013

There is a small 'Withdraw' button in one of the tabs.. in the zen/AD exchange. Check that next time after the maintenace. I thought i had lost 379k AD when i exchanged it for Zen, but there it was, at the bottom of the screen - Withdraw option for AD n Zen. Hope this helps.
  • chichaglishachichaglisha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    main thing in game atm for me are the keys, i dont care about anything else really. with drops from the boxes i can get anything in time, just have to wait a bit. so the enchanted keys on beholder go for around 60k AD. if the zen is around 400 that makes 150 zen and one key is what, 125 zen ? so the keys are still too expensive, but like OP said the market is lvling out, ive seen the keys go for 500k a few days ago. id like to see the keys going for 15k but that will never happen since the price is set in zen which is the REAL currency in this game. sad to see so many scams and stupid items on the AH thou....
    edited May 2013
    Updating OP with prices at 12:07pm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • h4wkeye101h4wkeye101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the exchange market cross server?
  • c10udc10ud Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »

I made a killing.

Kinda the same. I was trading in the margins to make AD and then made a mass conversion from zen to AD since the gray area shrank to a 1 or 2 AD difference between buying and selling. The price per zen will inflate again eventually when everyone who amassed AD to trade for zen once the value drops decides it's dropped low enough and starts pouring AD back in.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    AD to Zen is gonna continue to fall. It's much easier to shell out $10 bucks than earn 400K AD the "hard way".
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    h4wkeye101 wrote: »
    Is the exchange market cross server?

No, different servers have different exchange rates/order queues. I have one character on each server and the difference is quite noticeable sometimes.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    AD to Zen is gonna continue to fall. It's much easier to shell out $10 bucks than earn 400K AD the "hard way".

Long-term this seems by far the most likely option.

Right now a lot of people had large AD reserves form the Founder's packs, but after this one-time influx of AD, the rate of the new AD is capped at 24K per character per day, while the amount of ZEN you can buy is dictated only by your income (and sanity levels). And realistically how many people are actually going to grind 24K worth of AD on even a single character every day.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Right now people are consuming AD at a high rate to purchase in-game stuff. Eventually they will have everything they ever wanted and will want Zen instead to purchase cash shop items. I think there's a balancing factor at work there.
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »

I made a killing.

Try two days before open launch. I was getting 497 or 500/zen. Cashing out at 250/zen in a few months, once the market dust settles. 7K zen will become 12-14K Zen, easily.

Just requires a lot of patience. I expect the market to go back up to 400/450 per for a bit as people horde AD for the double AD weekend, then it'll drop again.
    edited May 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    Just requires a lot of patience.
    As is the case with all currency trading :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thezarze wrote: »

Let me correct that for you: "you will see that these rumours exist for other MMOs as well."

You're welcome!
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    And realistically how many people are actually going to grind 24K worth of AD on even a single character every day.

This is the part I'm wondering about.... I've played STO, and I know it's quite possible to get the 8k max Dilithium in an hour, or get a decent fraction of the 8k quickly on multiple characters. (And that's also ignoring that the sources of Dil cover everything from queued party activities, to optional party things, to solo things, with plenty for each.) But here - so many of the ways to get AD seem to run through the (slow) queue, and on top of that are long activities (45+ min dungeons, for ex).

So I wonder how many people are actually going to manage to max out their AD each day. Which means the supply of new AD entering the economy could be even lower than we're assuming. (Combined with the fact that the AD sinks removing it from the economy are much more than 3x the ones in STO.)

...meanwhile, double AD this weekend. Time to figure out how to get the most out of that. :D