test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 60 Skirmish... Whats the point?

daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So the "Skirmish event" kicked in and me and two friends thought to ourselves we'd give it a go, seeing as we hadn't tried the lvl 60 Skirmish yet, nor did we know how much you'd get out of doing it while the event was active. Luckily for us we got a decent group with a tank and a healer etc and went in.

First of all compared to the 5.7k gear score epic dungeons this place is a lot harder, it takes about 20-30 minutes to complete and what do you know, despite being way harder than the initial epic dungeons you only get trashy worthless green items.

Oh well atleast we'd get our lovely Skirmish AD bonus of.... wait for it...... 1k AD's!! WUHU :D - Challenging work for about half an hour, only doable every so often, zero item rewards AND a whole grand of AD's....

Notice my sarcasm? Good, do something about it. As of right now Skirmishes at lvl 60 are a total waste of time, which is ashame cause running it was sort of fun :mad:
GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
Post edited by daxtax86 on

Comments

• beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    then do it for fun or do something else you find fun
  • pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    which is ashame cause running it was sort of fun :mad:

Well one could do a thing that is fun because it is fun. If you like fun that is
  • daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    then do it for fun or do something else you find fun

Thats obviously a good argument but you know just as well as I do that people play to advance. The skirmish was indeed fun but if there's no rewards from doing it people will get bored of it extremely fast or skip it alltogether. I can't imagine this being the intention, so I hope something'll change.

5k AD's for a completion or even more when the Skirmish event is active or so + 2-5 Unicorn seals for completing the whole thing would be a great start :)

• lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Astral Diamonds. I could see them adding in a specific item you get from Skirmishes, like(dare I say it) a new currency only from skirmishes(like a new seal). That is used to buy Armor, Companions, ect.. This way people will either do Dungeons(Epic), Skirmishes(Epic?), PvP, or Foundry. It would give the game a lot more depth.
  • jkomegamjkomegam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    btw 1000k = 1,000,000... just sayin.
  • umbagloumbaglo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the other hand, if you say the max level skirmish is more difficult then the starting epic dungeons, that means that as you do the dungeons and get gear, the skirmish will start taking much less time to complete, and thus be more profitable during the bonus hour.
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    i wish there was a 60 version of all skirmishes because i wasn't able to experience all of them as i overleveled some just by questing.
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats obviously a good argument but you know just as well as I do that people play to advance. The skirmish was indeed fun but if there's no rewards from doing it people will get bored of it extremely fast or skip it alltogether. I can't imagine this being the intention, so I hope something'll change.

5k AD's for a completion or even more when the Skirmish event is active or so + 2-5 Unicorn seals for completing the whole thing would be a great start :)

maybe it'll change then if they see it that way. I do them to get exp for my companions. I don't like them personally but it's good exp for them fast. I do see the same issues you guys do btw, I was just saying do it currently for reasons other than loot or skip it. I doubt they will make the rewards good enough to ever make me like the high end skirmishes as I use way to many pots/scrolls etc.
  • kayl72kayl72 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree. The ad value for the higher level skrimishes should go up. The level 40 one, where the dragon summons the healer. I've yet to get a group to be able to complete it, much less in a timely manner, when right before that one, we were able to three man the pit arena like place, not only that, but run it 4 times in the skrimish event. Now it takes up the majority of the event time to even attempt to complete it, for the same reward.
  • cedricfontelroycedricfontelroy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nm, already said
  • cedricfontelroycedricfontelroy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    It's clear he meant 1000.

It's also clear he was wrong :)
    edited May 2013
    jkomegam wrote: »
    btw 1000k = 1,000,000... just sayin.

Small typo, my bad heh

edited May 2013
    hedas8 wrote: »
    i wish there was a 60 version of all skirmishes because i wasn't able to experience all of them as i overleveled some just by questing.

I was thinking the exact same thing, however I still feel like they should reward more.

The seperate "seal" could be an idea but a quicker fix would just be increased AD's and/or unicorn seals for completing it.

• calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hedas8 wrote: »

Everyone would run the Blacklake one since it's insanely fast and gives the same reward.
    edited May 2013
    Seeing the servers being down this section is heavily spammed, so I'll give this a tiny bump as I'd like for the DEV's to regognize this problem with the current way Skirmishes work (or rather don't work) at lvl 60.

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are no lvl 60 versions of all skirmishes? Sad. I like the one with the Dragon (that's an epic fight) and the temple one, and feel a bit bored when it's an arena. I hope all skirmishes will be available at some point. I'm not lvl 60 yet but i'd like to have a chance to play all the good content i played. :)
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    give the 60 Epic Skirmishes a chance to drop enchanted keys and those sweet idols that Rhix pays 40k AD for, that would be PIMP!
  • stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013

Why? Are people who exploited their way to 60 now looking for easy AD's too? If you don't like the game, don't play it. Not everything needs to give purple rewards, get used to earning things.
  • stubbinmytoestubbinmytoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    give the 60 Epic Skirmishes a chance to drop enchanted keys and those sweet idols that Rhix pays 40k AD for, that would be PIMP!

NO

Level 60 is too easy to obtain in the first place, especially for the kids who exploited getting to 60. Those keys should never drop
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why? Are people who exploited their way to 60 now looking for easy AD's too? If you don't like the game, don't play it. Not everything needs to give purple rewards, get used to earning things.

I only play skirmishes during the event, because the rewards aren't worth it if it's just some silver coins. Leadership missions can do that already. What bugs me is that cryptic is willing to decide when i can have fun playing skirmishes, 1000 AD is fine to me, but without ADs, it's not really worth my time. I'm ok with bonus rewards but I think that any endgame content (not quests) should reward some ADs, even if you don't log in at the right time.
    edited May 2013

Not really sure whats up with the mad-level of that reply but I still think my suggestion's legit :)

edited May 2013
    Would still like more awareness regarding this matter so a small bump :)

• cireous04cireous04 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Change this please. No point in doing skirmishes at 60, otherwise.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got 57 copper for it y day and wasted 20+ mins for it so it is great :cool: