test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild member cap

graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I did a little searching, havent been able to find the answer yet.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of members a guild can have?
Post edited by graebeerd on

Comments

• elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    graebeerd wrote: »
    I did a little searching, havent been able to find the answer yet.

Does anyone know the maximum amount of members a guild can have?

If there isn't a definitive answer, a good guess would be 500 - that's STO's cap.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    At this moment in time there is no information on a hard cap. This may have been due to no one hitting the cap that the developers have put in place. However with more players wanting to be more social/casual than hardcore the sizes of guilds have increased dramatically.

I imagine there is may be a 100 player cap, but this is just my guess. This is indeed something that many community based gaming guilds are interested in knowing.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After a quick search on Google, all I could find out was that when asked in-game about guild cap, a gm said it was over 100.
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We had over 100 'characters' in our guild in the beta (The Older Gamers,) however, the 'actual' player number was much lower than that, as most of us were rolling alts to test every thing out.

I certainly hope that it is at least 500 though - other wise, we have to start messing with multiple guild's etc. in game, and that's just not fun.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • omnisandroomnisandro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im sure they will charge for guild related things, like guild cap, at some point.
  • unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Karma is about to hit 500. Has anyone passed 500 yet? If not, I'll report back and let you know.
  • kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We hit the cap pretty early in DDO. We had to create a second guild for alts and use a personal channel instead of the guild channel. It works, but it's an ugly solution. I really hope we don't run into the same situation here.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
  • articulatefoolarticulatefool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    500 is the hardcap. My guild just hit it.
  • unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, we hit the 500 cap yesterday as well. It's pretty annoying that it's so low given that the count is per-character.