test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cyptic/PWE Please make respecs cost a reasonable amount of Astral Diamonds

gulrakdarkgulrakdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In a game like this, people want to experiment to try new setups and skills, however that aspect of gaming is stifled with the current respec option. The issue of certain skills having obscure descriptions with which a player cannot determine it's effectiveness/usefulness without having tried it first, does not help matters either. ( This issue could be alleviated by a onetime free/cheap/quest respec at 60, I guess )

Changing it to Astral Diamonds would ensure that builds aren't changed on a whim, along with the fact that the cost of respecing stays steady for months or years to come, as opposed to making it Zen only. I am thinking of players that grind AD for Zen.

The cost needs to be reasonable as well, not the current rate at which 600 Zen goes for in terms of AD.

Doing so, Cryptic/PWE, you guys encourages players to experiment on their own with class builds instead of following the best/latest build guide online to a T for fear of making the wrong choices in light of the prohibitive respec costs.

One can argue that content is easy enough to manage regardless of how you build, but that may not hold true always or at end game in the hardest content available. In the end players want to maximize their class potential.

I hope you guys consider some change at least that makes respecs more accessible to players.

( Also why are Power and Feat respecs handled differently? )
Post edited by gulrakdark on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    600 Zen is reasonable.

I'm NOT disagreeing with you. I am just saying your arguments are based on relatively subjective perspective/ What is reasonable to you may not be reasonable to me and vice-versa. Because this game is 100% free to play, the company does have to find ways to entice *some* players into spending some real money in order to get a return on investment.

This is fair. Whether the pricing structure is fair or not is for each individual to decide. A respec is a convenience. Charging real money for convenience items is a fair proposition. You could always reroll a character and start over, but I think we both agree that's not a very tasty proposition.
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Made my spec to fit solo questing and now I'm stuck with it as I didn't think anyone would make respec that expensive. Good times... I'd farm my way to respec but can't really bother when getting +10 sec lag spikes as a finnish player.
  • Options
    pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    100% agree. im not so bothered about the powers reset but the feats simply cost WAY to much.
  • Options
    piratedrugallpiratedrugall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    Can anyone give me a vague idea of how much that is in AD? I haven't looked at the conversion tables yet and haven't seen where it even is.
  • Options
    octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd have to agree, i also think it's hilarious that the respecs are 600 zen, which forces you to actually buy 1000 zen.
  • Options
    jfoodjfood Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd have to agree, i also think it's hilarious that the respecs are 600 zen, which forces you to actually buy 1000 zen.

Twice as funny with a 'beta state release'. Report your bugs, pay $6 then report the next one you find. Truly next level capitalism.