test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric Astral Seal

abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
When under this effect, does the healing done count as coming from me, or the person smacking the mob and getting healed?

I ask because since I am getting higher in levels, I have been getting out healed on the meter by rogues.

Also, it would be nice to have a "total activity" read out after a dungeon/instance. One that adds total healing numbers and dps numbers, just so the jack holes that complain about the cleric doing half the dps of the rogue but completely ignore the healing done.
Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
Post edited by abradax on

Comments

• Options
    warscreamerwarscreamer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dunno, but they have companion and can spam potion.

Wich Counts as heal.
  • Options
    capnevcapnev Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was wondering about this as well. I use Astral Seal a lot with my cleric, and I notice that I miss out on the top spot for healing. And at least one of those runs had only one companion healer in them. Also having run Dungeons with four different classes I can see that my Cleric runs go pretty smoothly in comparison, so I must be doing something right.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The heal comes from you, the caster. I think you're misunderstanding the stats...

You are not being topped by Rogues for the most healing (as in giving heals) - if I recall correctly - you are being topped out by Rogues for the most healed (receiving heals). Since Rogues are so squishy and in the middle of the action they take almost as much damage as they dish, so they will suck up the most heal pots and whatever the Clerics can throw out in AoEs and such.

Certainly I could be mistaken - but I'm pretty sure that's what the stat is. Think of it as "the most health-pots guzzled" type of stat.
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    abradax wrote: »
    When under this effect, does the healing done count as coming from me, or the person smacking the mob and getting healed?

I ask because since I am getting higher in levels, I have been getting out healed on the meter by rogues.

Also, it would be nice to have a "total activity" read out after a dungeon/instance. One that adds total healing numbers and dps numbers, just so the jack holes that complain about the cleric doing half the dps of the rogue but completely ignore the healing done.

As far as I know Astral Seal counts as healing coming from you for the stats at the end. If a rogue is doing more healing he's chugging potions. If he's chugging potions he's standing in red stuff. If he's standing in red stuff he's an idiot.

You are NOT responsible for healing red circle damage, you can't really heal it even if you wanted to.

Things also change so drastically at 50 when you get Astral Shield I wouldn't worry too much about it until then. After 50, and especially in epics people will stop complaining about cleric DPS when they stupidly try doing something without a cleric and only "uber leet dps."

T2 Epics pretty much require (for a smooth run):
    1 Cleric (pretty blue circle)
    1 Control Wizard (who is actually specced for, you know, CONTROL)
    1 Guardian Fighter

The last 2 spots are pretty optional.
    - TRs make things faster, a lot faster and you should have at least 1.
    - An extra CW makes things easier but a bit slower.
    - An extra Cleric makes things slower but really easy.
    - An extra GF is not really advisable but same result as 2 clerics, easier but slow.
    - Taking a GWF isn't bad, but I've never run with one and thought "Wow, I'm glad he's here!"