test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats the point of the Foundry cloak?

hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
So what IS the point of the Foundry cloak(s)?

The cloak is a pretty low level, so it must be for visuals

BUT the cloak goes in the amulet spot, taking away a valuable stat item.

And you can not change the appearance of an amulet to look like the cloak

Can't even put a cloak on as a fashion item.

So by this regard the cloak is completely useless. sure you can roll around in safezones, but in combat, or a group of players in a dungeon for example, you can't show off your cloak.

Please add a separate cloak slot, even if you remove all stats from cloaks. Why do we have to choose between looking cool in a cloak, or wearing an amulet no one will see?
bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
Post edited by hercooles130uscg on

Comments

• thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at higher levels you get cloaks with good stats, you can replace the appearance of these
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at higher levels you get cloaks with good stats, you can replace the appearance of these

My question is really then, what if you find an amulet that has higher stats then the cloak?

Seems odd they would have the same equip spot split between a generally cosmetic item, and a stat item. Cloak should be it's own slot, even if that means removing stats from them. For all the current cloaks people have, just place the stats on a new amulet and give them a decorate only cloak in it's place. Then create a cloak slot. This way they still have the amulet(for the stats) and the cloak for the looks.

Win win, everyone wins.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Foundry cloak is just for fun. The stats on it are minuscule... there are four levels of Cloak (the Foundry Dungeon Master level is actually pretty decent) - there may be a fifth if your quest is spotlighted, I don't know. It's just an item you should replace as soon as better gear comes along.

I'm actually not much of a fan of *ANY* of the cloaks because the physics of them is still too buggy and the clipping is irritating as hell. (One reasons I did NOT yet create a Tiefling!)
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wear Foundry cloak in Protectors Enclave
    Groupies!
  • narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foundry cloak + foundry title + play my quest with shortcode standing by job boards!
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • warpactwarpact Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice if there were appearance items as foundry rewards. Doesn't sound like the cloak is very useful, but as an appearance I might wear it? I suppose it depends on how they look. Is there a list somewhere that includes foundry titles, cloaks, and any other rewards you might get as when they're given?
    NK-Velkyn-tat_zps09ca90e7.png
    Khaless nau uss mzild taga dosstan.
    Dirty Business, NW-DBU9MXKXW