test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dealing with tons of adds as a cleric

laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hey, I've been pugging t2s for a couple days and there is a constant issue of having 20+ mobs kicking me around, proning me and eventually killing me by not letting me dodge the boss' big aoes. How do I handle this as a cleric? Is it the dps' fault or is there some strategy for surviving the horde of mobs that appear on most bosses?
I run soothe and healer's lore, but soothe doesn't seem to help much with threat.
I'm getting frustrated with not being able to finish t2 last bosses and could use some tips, thanks.
Lemonade Stand.
Dragon Guild
Post edited by laudon1 on

Comments

• Options
    amuze12amuze12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, i think it's a fault in the game but when i see a cleric running around in circles with me (GWF) running behind trying to kill the mobs i think to myself "Why don't you just run through me so i can aoe cleave and hopefully pull some of the adds away".

Maybe not a solution but if possible kite them through the dps that is being done.
  • Options
    warscreamerwarscreamer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    get movement in utility? and run to tank as he said also tank should be using aoe taunt in some bosses.

many dont slot this wich for me is astonishing.

most boss fights tank dont even need to tank the boss, a dps can tank him just gotta Dodge his indicator hits.

most tanks go for the boss wich is often wrong.

Better to have him on adds, also many bosses have a max limit of 4 Archers 4 melee to spawn.

you should just pick up agro as tank(dmg them to around 10%) then leave them and go on boss.

If you kill them new ones will just spawn, they are in the game to force you to not be able to solo bosses imo.

i can solo any boss as TR in Epic, if it wasnt for adds due to stamina roll cd and such.

otherwise you could solo boss and just do hit and run until the boss dies :D