test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Castle Never

manduchessmanduchess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The Duke from <CLIFF> here. (Mindflayer) So tonight we managed to down the first 3 bosses of Castle Never. QUITE INSANE! WE got to the Dracolich chamber door just as the game crashed tonight.... sadface....Hopefully the GMs can help us out with that...

But just wanted to warn players! Castle Never takes a LONG time! We spent about 4 hours in there tonight.... Do not be tricked into thinking you can complete this dungeon in 1.5 hours. The Duke truly thinks that time is impossible...But great fun!!!

Also feel free to ask any questions!!!

Manduke <CLIFF> Lvl 60 Control Wizard
Post edited by manduchess on

Comments

• Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Love the dungeon crawling in this game. Very well done. The battles are long but give a sense of accomplishment when you kick a bosses behind as a team.
  • Options
    gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Fun times last night Manduke!
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My party and myself went for castle never last night too. We only did the first boss and yeah that dungeon takes a really long time.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So....

4th boss, the dracolich, in CN is completely broken. I'd be astonished if anyone kills it with the gear currently available. Oh and now T2 dungeon delves appear to be deliberately broken, so it will take people in t1 or hitting 60 about 4-5 times longer to gear up.

So much for the endgame.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    So....

4th boss, the dracolich, in CN is completely broken. I'd be astonished if anyone kills it with the gear currently available. Oh and now T2 dungeon delves appear to be deliberately broken, so it will take people in t1 or hitting 60 about 4-5 times longer to gear up.

So much for the endgame.

Care to share details or is it just guess work that they are broken? People said the mad dragon was broken, but now that people are used to it, it's not.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Care to share details or is it just guess work that they are broken? People said the mad dragon was broken, but now that people are used to it, it's not.
    Well T2 dungeon delves are objectively broken. The chest at the end does not work. The bubble on the side of the screen when you enter saying Chest Unlocked is not there. T1 dungeons are all fine. Only T2 is broken. Seems unlikely that the T2 dungeons would just randomly happen to have broken delves but not T1.

Dracolich boss, well, there isn't much to say. He spawns a ton of adds and they do a billion damage. There is nowhere to go in the room. Not really much to do except for either find some way to deal with the adds or ignore them, and neither seems remotely feasible at the moment. He spawns archers which are a typical thing that you have to kill because they shoot kiters. Then he summons wizards which are even worse. He summons Elite GWFs that run fast and have a flying attack with a huge range that does a ton of dmg, so forget about kiting. Also, they can knock you over the edge of the already small room, killing you instantly.

edit: This is with a group all hovering around 11k gs and with cat/ioun stone pets. We one-shotted all 3 other bosses easily. Not exactly wandering into Castle Never before we should be.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there is some difficult content. This boss just seems a lot less prone to strategizing than other bosses do. There are plenty of other difficult bosses that take a good strategy. Maybe there is one for Dracolich and hopefully someone smarter than myself will figure out what it is. Most likely it will be some esoteric combination of classes.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there is some difficult content. This boss just seems a lot less prone to strategizing than other bosses do. There are plenty of other difficult bosses that take a good strategy. Maybe there is one for Dracolich and hopefully someone smarter than myself will figure out what it is. Most likely it will be some esoteric combination of classes.

Have you tried running a double cleric comp with a GWF as some AoE add clearer?
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    steppenkat wrote: »
    Have you tried running a double cleric comp with a GWF as some AoE add clearer?
    Double cleric? Why would anyone run such a thing!
  • Options
    joormodejoormode Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lassiz and hes grp did Castle Never last night http://twitch.tv/lassiz/b/400678203
  • Options
    abloecabloec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *sigh* theres no Castle Never in that video or any of his other videos. Nice shameless advertising.
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    just got done with castle never and OMG what a blast we all had no clue what to expect :) best 4 hours spent killing everything up to the last guy..That dude is insane defiantly want 2 clerics 1cw 1 rog 1meat shield :) not sure of GS on it as everyone in our group was 9200 to 9600 and we did just fine getting to end boss.I hope they fix the t2 chests during delve ,when they do patch today but they made no mention of it
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    joormode wrote: »
    Lassiz and hes grp did Castle Never last night http://twitch.tv/lassiz/b/400678203

No, we haven't run Castle Never. A lot of us are geared for it (Lassiz is 9,800+, I'm 9,500+) but we're taking our time gearing up the rest of our "progression" crew.
    abloec wrote: »
    *sigh* theres no Castle Never in that video or any of his other videos. Nice shameless advertising.

I have no clue who that guy is. Yeah, he's wrong, but no need to say it's "shameless advertising" when he's merely a random viewer.
    Double cleric? Why would anyone run such a thing!

From what I hear, the only way to beat Castle Never right now is to go double Cleric.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well T2 dungeon delves are objectively broken. The chest at the end does not work. The bubble on the side of the screen when you enter saying Chest Unlocked is not there.

I had read that, haven't done many t2 though myself yet, can never get in a queue before i have to go do something else. :\ I did hear it was mostly loot and completions though, i didn't know of many can't beat bugs.
    Dracolich boss, well, there isn't much to say. He spawns a ton of adds and they do a billion damage. There is nowhere to go in the room.

Yikes! Sounds crazy. Maybe since not many people have actually run it in OB (did people run it in other betas? I have no idea) it's overtuned?
    edit: This is with a group all hovering around 11k gs and with cat/ioun stone pets. We one-shotted all 3 other bosses easily. Not exactly wandering into Castle Never before we should be.

Ah, then it does sound messed up, i saw a guy in game looking for group for that, and when asked what his GS was, he said around 1000, and no, not a typo. O_o

I hope it's not a case of "need two clerics" to beat, because that would be depressing. While trinity seems to go the smoothest, something i've been enjoying is running dungeons with odd group make ups.