test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

exit to character select

herrisdevioherrisdevio Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
i think this game needs exit to character select i know sto added it not that long ago so its posable to add it to neverwinter will make it alot easier to switch characters then the basic logout
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bakke75bakke75 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree. Finding it annoying to log in again just to switch between toons.
  • Options
    xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    +1 To this.

Having to exit and log back in to swap characters is a bit silly.
  • Options
    grayhograyho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to like pick a fight or anything - but is it reallllllllly important?

Can you realllllly not take the extra 3 seconds to log out and then back in?

This game hasn't been out for that long at all, and there are MUCH more pressing issues that -IMO - hold precedent over very small issues like the one you have raised.

Maybe when this game is relatively flushed out (if that ever happens that is) they would focus on this kind of issue lol

Idk, maybe you think its a huge issue - I just think there are much larger issues than one that can be fixed if you dont be lazy xD
  • Options
    ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grayho wrote: »

This game hasn't been out for that long at all, and there are MUCH more pressing issues that -IMO - hold precedent over very small issues like the one you have raised.

Maybe when this game is relatively flushed out (if that ever happens that is) they would focus on this kind of issue lol

Idk, maybe you think its a huge issue - I just think there are much larger issues than one that can be fixed if you dont be lazy xD
    this is a gripe from every single one of their games -_- its nothing new to Cryptic...
  • Options
    jahnkasadjahnkasad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grayho wrote: »

The game isn't "Out". It's in Open Beta, a stage where feedback about UI and design are critical to software development.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jahnkasad wrote: »
    The game isn't "Out". It's in Open Beta, a stage where feedback about UI and design are critical to software development.

The game is out.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's coming, just not in an emergency patch build.
  • Options
    auferoaufero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, please.

I generally play several alts at once in MMOs, and re-entering my password over and over is annoying. (And for some reason the "remember account" checkbox only stores half my email address most of the time, so I get to type that in too.)
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's no reason not to have this. It's a pretty simple concept.
  • Options
    senathynsenathyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree adding a exit to character screen option would be wonderful.
  • Options
    alpha1protocolalpha1protocol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    i think this game needs exit to character select i know sto added it not that long ago so its posable to add it to neverwinter will make it alot easier to switch characters then the basic logout

No worries. I started this topic a few days ago. A dev replied it's already in game and will be applied in a future update.
  • Options
    centrificcentrific Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The really funny thing is that the login screen is totally unnecessary because it will only accept the account you have used to login to the launcher.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    holt3 wrote: »
    There's no reason not to have this. It's a pretty simple concept.

There actually was a good reason to have this in for the launch. They already allow this for STO and CO, they did this deliberately.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    kahnjonikahnjoni Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 this, its a handy tool.
  • Options
    arkanis555arkanis555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Use this console command
    /gotocharacterselect

Wait for the log out timer to count down and you will be back at character select screen.
  • Options
    adepheonadepheon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can also bind this to an unused key. I use the zero number for mine, but you can replace that with whatever you see fit.

/bind 0 "/gotocharacterselect"
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    It's coming, just not in an emergency patch build.

Is this wishful thinking, or do you have a link?
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    Is this wishful thinking, or do you have a link?
    You too can find dev talk about it if you wade through the dev tracker.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The bizarre thing is why it's missing all. As others have noted, it's in Cryptic's other games, there is a console command to do it, so how did the menu option get forgotten? Or did someone just code 'logout' wrong?? (I can't imagine many people are that interested in logout rather than exit)
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A good thing to add. +1
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)