test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Harvest and Chest nodes.

idbrainidbrain Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Currently as implemented the Foundry system really only allows hack and slash type quests excluding exploration/puzzle type quests. I was thinking one of the biggest barriers to those type of quest is not being able to place harvest/chest nodes. I know they don't want to give us that tool cause it would be exploited, but instead of refusing it completely wouldn't if be better and easier to give use the ability but restrict its use say the player has already looted that type of node in the last x minutes then the node would not render. This would prevent any sort of hacking ability and frankly they need that in their maps also as several of them are easily exploitable via resetting the instance also.

Another thing to help with exploration/puzzle type quests would be the ability to have an interaction based on the skill roll of one of the skills (Arcane, Dungeon, etc) or even a simple random change based interaction. Yes we can check if they player has the skill and trigger based on that but its not a skill check like on a node it is 100% success.

Just my 2 cents.
The Wondering Minstrel - Short Code: NW-DHUX5C7GC
Post edited by idbrain on

Comments

• hsinroghsinrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really think the ability to place nodes would be nice. Especially to add atmosphere and reward to longer encounters, or as you said ones based on puzzles or skill rather than just hack and slash. That being said I can see why they did not, as the potential for abuse is pretty huge. What might work is to limit the number of nodes that you can place in your Foundry design. Perhaps 1 per type, it would allow them without allowing them to be exploited on a larger scale.

Though people could place them in the first room to farm, it really becomes no different than people who reset a normal instance and farm them that way anyhow. There are quite a few main quest instances where nodes are in the early rooms and it is really rather easy to gather them if you don't mind resetting it.

Chests would be more difficult I think, because the items would scale and so have the potential for greater abuse. I would probably see chests remain out of Foundry builds, but having at least 1 node per type would be nice.
  • thesabotenderthesabotender Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could just scale the reward... something like:
    (number of maps * avarage duration * avarage stars) / number of Chest/harvest nodes placed = reward value
    I would even say that if the Quest is or has been featured, the reward value would be higher

The Auther has no way of setting the rewards for chests and harvest points, but he can still place them.