test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs must play rogues.

yjjdgrjdrligtryjjdgrjdrligtr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Most overpowered class in the game. Their daily does 80% of my guardian fighter's life since it isn't affected by defense. Smoke bomb/screen aoe disable so you can't swing, use abilities or even use shift and it also makes a lot of people crash if you are being hit while in it. Is that fixed yet? No, devs don't want to weaken their favorite OP class they all pvp with. Other than that it would be a good class. Right now it's just stupid.
Post edited by yjjdgrjdrligtr on

Comments

• Options
    darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    You know what else can one shot people with dailys? CW. Please go make a qq thread over there as well. This is coming from someone with a 60cw and a 60TR. Learn to shield.
  • Options
    yjjdgrjdrligtryjjdgrjdrligtr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've never crashed to a CW spell. Everytime a rogue uses smoke bomb I crash in it. **** you and your *****ing about cw they are fine. Try playing a GF in pvp.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can reroll anytime you want. But I'd wager you'd whine about guardian fighters.
  • Options
    evilllevilll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TR's are fine, they have burst but they are also very squishy. Everything before level 60vs.60 is irelevant. Ofc a level 60 with full purple gear + rank5+ enchants will 1 shot a level 55 in green gear.

I play a TR, but whish I had a CW or a Cleric...now those thing are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> op with, CW with huge dmg from range and cleric with insane heals. FK me, I can't even count the times I got stunlocked(whie imposible to cath was on cooldown) to death by a GWF

Not to mention I have to bash for a decade on a GF before I even make a small dent into his HP...add a healer to that GF and...meh...
  • Options
    ragemonkey83ragemonkey83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    I've never crashed to a CW spell. Everytime a rogue uses smoke bomb I crash in it. **** you and your *****ing about cw they are fine. Try playing a GF in pvp.

That's a bug princess....what idiot would think that client crashing would be considered working as intended......another muppet.

second poster it dead right CW can nail some one as well, but we are talking dailies, these take a good while to recharge, probibly 3-4 in a round if your lucky not like its locked and loaded on every target and as stated if u block it like most abilities does almost nothing.
  • Options
    theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL here we go again, I am so sick of hearing Rouges are OP... I play both a CW and a TR.. and man the CW does massive dmg.... so stop the dang OP this OP that..... haven't palyed the other classes yet so don't know bout them.... but geesh stop the dang whining already.....
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You know what else can one shot people with dailys? CW. Please go make a qq thread over there as well. This is coming from someone with a 60cw and a 60TR. Learn to shield.

No you cannot one shot anyone with full health with any CW daily. I don't know about rogues but that's not true friend.
  • Options
    mickst3rmickst3r Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wahhhhhhhhhhht????
    We have a daily that can take out 80% of a tanks health bar? since when did we have that??? what's it called? omg my 60 TR doesnt even know about it... =(
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that TRs are OP, but you must know the boss of NV is playing a GF:)
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    monarrch wrote: »
    No you cannot one shot anyone with full health with any CW daily. I don't know about rogues but that's not true friend.

Are you kidding me? It's called reducing damage mitigation. Spec into it. Cast ray of enfeeblement twice. Daily. One shot. Ez.
  • Options
    krozamkrozam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Slightly off-topic, but...
    evilll wrote: »
    Everything before level 60vs.60 is irelevant.
    I wonder what's the point of having levels in the first place, if everything before lvl 60 is irrelevant. *eyeroll*

The classes should be balanced at all levels (equal levels, of course), not only at 60.
  • Options
    blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are OP but I still get beat by other classes. Does this mean I just suck? :(
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • Options
    jaer44jaer44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, he found us out.. our "Crash other peoples games" skill has been discovered!! Quick, use smokebomb to disappear!

Ooooor...

You can get a better machine than your Ti-81 to play Neverwinter.
  • Options
    iamdoctordeathiamdoctordeath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    80% of a GF's health in one hit...

Maybe you should put some gear on, and a shield, and use some abilities, and spend some talent points?

Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fyuukzfyuukz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im getting tired of this **** seriously, im a TR and they SUPPOSE to deal massive damage, it all comes to the player who knows what is he doing and know when to run/dodge or cc. Ive got crashed by good CW, ive got beaten by good GF, ive got beaten by good cleric so news flash buddy, stop whining over forums and freakin do atleast 100 pvp games before you judge something.
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    evilll wrote: »
    TR's are fine, they have burst but they are also very squishy. Everything before level 60vs.60 is irelevant.

Not true, they dont need to change level 60 balance to improve how certain classes scale, even in the 50-59 bracket GWF's are an extreme rarity, probably because a lot of people skip pvp with GWF until 60, or quit GWF in favor of a TR a long time ago because of how inferior they are are lower levels. This can and should be addressed at some point.
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodate wrote: »
    LOL here we go again, I am so sick of hearing Rouges are OP... I play both a CW and a TR.. and man the CW does massive dmg.... so stop the dang OP this OP that..... haven't palyed the other classes yet so don't know bout them.... but geesh stop the dang whining already.....

CW and TR are the two highest damage dealing classes in PvP and some might say the most OP as well. You may be sick of hearing people say it, but there is a reason why so many people are saying it. Every class has advantages and disadvantages but in PvP CW and TR are definitely at the top of the list in effectiveness, with a big scale difference compared to the classes at the bottom like the GF and GWF.
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not true, they dont need to change level 60 balance to improve how certain classes scale, even in the 50-59 bracket GWF's are an extreme rarity, probably because a lot of people skip pvp with GWF until 60, or quit GWF in favor of a TR a long time ago because of how inferior they are are lower levels. This can and should be addressed at some point.

The level grind is a factor in lack of GWF but also the inherent weakness of the class in PvP is probably the bigger reason you hardly see them. Of all the classes in the game, they have the worst tools and abilities for PvP. A great GWF player might still see some effectiveness, but a great player at any of the other classes would hold more value.

Please remember that the GWF has had the least amount of time for polish from the other classes, and that lack shows clearly in game play.
  • Options
    yukishiro3yukishiro3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Rogue classes are almost always overpowered at launch. TR is no exception. I think it is probably a deliberate choice in most games to overpower the d00d classes at the start to sell boxes.
  • Options
    caidencaiden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a control wizard, I think TR's are fine. Their damage balances their squish. Just my view at least.
  • Options
    helloimsleepyhelloimsleepy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue class. Known as the High End single target damage class. So let's complain about the basic mechanics of it doing too much damage when that's it job. You get what you ask for when you choose the class.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 982 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I've had enough of this ignorant tank superiority complex, I had that enough in Champs to write a book.
    First, Trickster Rogue is high damage dealing, low defense type. What does this mean? It means they attack fast and run away, or else THEY DIE. I PvP too you know, and you know how many times I die as a rogue? A lot. Mostly from fighting Control Wizards, arguably THE most over powered build in all MMOs (I refer to the general ranged damage caster classes, ie WoW Warlock). Specifically to Control Wizards, they are entirely built around dealing massive AoE damage and Crowd Control. Crowd Control being the strongest aspect of PvP almost anywhere you go. luckily, the Wizard, like the Rogue is also very squishy and easily killed, which make them manageable. (Personally I think the Wizard is just too powerful as it is, but not the point of this rant). Now, These two classes are built for DAMAGE. So they deal a lot of DAMAGE. Before I go to the Guardian Fighter, I'll mention the Cleric, another extremely powerful aspect of PvP, Healing. (Many factors in PvP mean a lot even in small numbers). These bad boys can bring themselves back from near death with a few critical heals and a dodge, virtually resetting a battle. Not to mention they lengthen they lifespan of all their teammates, making them un-replaceable in a Team match. Now to the Guardian Fighter...Damage that should be higher than the Cleric, but far lower than the other 3 damage dealers. What do Guardian Fighters have that make them compare to the others? DEFENSE. "But Blademaster, I just said that My Fighter can't live much longer than a rogue! Why are you lying to me!?" I'm not. Either A) You just aren't good at PvP/Don't have a good setup/build for PvP. Or B) You have completely forgotten the "Overpowered" Aspect of Guardian Fighters. What might that be? ITS CALLED BLOCK. I've seen Fighters completely tank rogues just by BLOCKING. I was a victim of said blocking once, large portions of my damage via Duelist's Flurry and Lashing Blade gone to 0 just like that. Guardian Fighters are Tanks, tanks are meant to take hits, lots of them. The blocking Mechanic is key in that. Is the Guardian Fighter good in 1v1 fights? No, its not, because if it was, there'd be no reason to play a different class. (This has happened in another game I played). In short, stop whining and check yourself before you wreck yourself.
    /endrant.
  • Options
    v1510n5v1510n5 Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Most overpowered class in the game. Their daily does 80% of my guardian fighter's life since it isn't affected by defense. Smoke bomb/screen aoe disable so you can't swing, use abilities or even use shift and it also makes a lot of people crash if you are being hit while in it. Is that fixed yet? No, devs don't want to weaken their favorite OP class they all pvp with. Other than that it would be a good class. Right now it's just stupid.

gr8 b8 m8

:DDDDDD
  • Options
    warscreamerwarscreamer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    both chocking execution and lashing blade needs a nerf i agree, whoever says they are not op are a godamn ******* i am 60 TR myself.

Problem for TR atm? well that there is only ONE build that works well in pve for doing the correct amount of damage.
    to many at will spells and encounters that dont got any feats to buff them or buff them correctly.

Also there is to much cast time on many spells since we are melee it ruins it from use in pvp and to some extent in pve.

Now i am not saying buff Everything with no downside to it, im saying balancing it out, remove casting time with 3 cycle from dualist fury, decrease its damage.

so it evens out with sly flourish, remove castingtime of glooming cut and reduce its damage a tiny bit, remove the "On kill" effect from it and give it something else, becuse it makes it only useful on trash in pve and some pve bosses and to some extent in pvp that it makes it way to much gimmicky, since u actually need to land the killing blow with it to get the benefit with the stealth.

Make bloodbath not be out cc:d making it viable in pvp.

change ruthless efficency to, every time you crit you gain 5-10% armor piercing, i dunno how much this is numbers devs should overlook.

Buff wicked reminders duration of the debuff with 4 seconds increase its cooldown with 2 seconds.

every spell in the feat tree should have somthing to get buffed by the feat tree.

Otherwise its no Point picking the stuff up or to Think about your build and how you do it.

im not only talking min/max here but, from a logical standpoint aswell, why even have the spells in the game then?

Mocking knave should be changed so it dont buff 2 at will Powers and increase its buff to sly flourish instead and have a sepperate one in one of the tree:s as tier one talents.

Every talent box dont have to have 5 talent boxes.......

there is a lot to be done with TR.

and other classes aswell, but saying TR is op is bs.

However TR is a really weak pvp class compared to CW by far.

our ultimate is good as hell but other than that the kit and the design of TR is awful for pvp wich a cw can do even better.

If you are saying no you have not seen the tree:s of every class.

the feat and abilities need to be reworked, i also for one have to say CW need to get nerfed with cc capabilities and kiting, howeve they also need to get buffed with some spells that dont have casting that they can do on the move aswell.
  • Options
    burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I recall hearing this QQ about Paladins when I played Warcraft.

/ignored
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Are you kidding me? It's called reducing damage mitigation. Spec into it. Cast ray of enfeeblement twice. Daily. One shot. Ez.

That would technically be a 3-shot. Maby your not understanding what ONE shot means?