test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Scoring needs achange

copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
From what I gather, PvP scores take into account How many Kills/Assists/Deaths each player had. Honestly, that encourages no one to play the objectives. I keep taking caps, holding caps, retaking caps, running back and forth between the caps, and honestly feel that the win was largely due to this. Yet, I often rank 4th or sometimes 5th, behind those just duking it out in the open or chasing each other just to score points.
If that's the case, why no just create a King of the Hill or free for all arena. What is the point of Caps when those who actually play the objectives are ranked last?
Just my 2cents.
Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
Post edited by copticone on

Comments

• Options
    thebrutangthebrutang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not experienced this, I primarily cap and end up on top.
  • Options
    jangobladesjangoblades Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thebrutang wrote: »
    I have not experienced this, I primarily cap and end up on top.

Yep same here. As a CW I usually try and rack up the most kills. However once in a while a team ends up getting brutalized in the fights and there is nothing to be done except keep the caps in order to even try to win and I end up on the top of the board with 0 to a few kills over people with even 15 kills.

The system seems to understand just fine who is making the team win versus those just pressing the LMB and dying non-stop.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yep same here. As a CW I usually try and rack up the most kills. However once in a while a team ends up getting brutalized in the fights and there is nothing to be done except keep the caps in order to even try to win and I end up on the top of the board with 0 to a few kills over people with even 15 kills.

The system seems to understand just fine who is making the team win versus those just pressing the LMB and dying non-stop.

That's crazy. It is the complete opposite for me. The last game I must have solo capped at least 12 times. Didnt have many kills though, so again was at the bottom.
  • Options
    ploppyblopploppyblop Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anything, the game needs to reduce the amount of points you get for a cap based on how many people are doing the capping. Too many pug matches start with most of the group rushing towards their back pillar because it's a guaranteed 300 point cap. Meanwhile, the enemy takes the central pillar in a 4-1 fight...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ploppyblop wrote: »
    If anything, the game needs to reduce the amount of points you get for a cap based on how many people are doing the capping. Too many pug matches start with most of the group rushing towards their back pillar because it's a guaranteed 300 point cap. Meanwhile, the enemy takes the central pillar in a 4-1 fight...

You do realize that this is the "objective" of the arena game, it to hold caps. Communication between you and the rest of the party, or the lack of one, has nothing to do with the points issue.
  • Options
    chacalv2chacalv2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And 0 points for healing. This games PvP needs some serious work. They need to forget about using PvE equipment in PvP. Each power needs to be checked for viability in PvP. This games PvP is a joke. I don't think the devs have ever played a single match.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chacalv2 wrote: »
    And 0 points for healing. This games PvP needs some serious work. They need to forget about using PvE equipment in PvP. Each power needs to be checked for viability in PvP. This games PvP is a joke. I don't think the devs have ever played a single match.

I agree with adding points for healing as well. As far as the "quality" of PvP atm, yea it is very lacking. But hopefully things will change in time.
This discussion has been closed.