test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cannot find: Turn objects on axis.

hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
How do you turn an object on it's axis? To make a chair lean against the wall for instance. Or have a shelf fallen over.

Thank you in advance.
Post edited by hflord1 on

Comments

• Options
    chairgraveyard1chairgraveyard1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    hflord1 wrote: »
    How do you turn an object on it's axis? To make a chair lean against the wall for instance. Or have a shelf fallen over.

Thank you in advance.
    Go into the playtest for the map (where you're walking around as the test character) and click the 3D Edit Mode button (bottom right dialog box). Now you can select something (might have to press ALT first) and then press Q (or E, I forget) to put it into rotate mode instead of translate (move) mode.
  • Options
    hflord1hflord1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, thank you!
  • Options
    chairgraveyard1chairgraveyard1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Happy to help :)
  • Options
    valkyryjavalkyryja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know you didn't ask, but another shortcut I found on the forum that saved enormous amounts of time was the /loc_vec command. It's especially good for placing items in multi-level rooms. That dang y-coordinate is now super easy to get. :)