test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plethora of Wizard Bugs - Recovery/PvP Set/Eye of the Storm

endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
There are a lot of bugs that I have encountered.. that are fairly frustrating to play with, heh.

Beta is for reporting bugs, so here goes:

Wizard PvP 4-Piece set bonus - Does nothing. This is supposed to reduce the time it takes for an encounter power to cool down in your spell mastery slot by 25%. This does not reduce the cool down of any spell I place in the slot.

Eye of the Storm - This ability is supposed to make ALL of your attacks critical strikes while active. I find this passive only works on about 50% of all abilities. For a reference, Sudden Storm is not affected by Eye of the Storm.

Recovery and powers with "Charges" - If an ability has "Charges", it does not benefit from the recovery stat. For example, Ray of Enfeeblement, after recovery applied, has a theoretical cool down of 8 seconds. If you place the ability in your Spell Mastery slot, it gains an additional charge. However, both charges take 14 seconds to cool down (Completely unaffected by ANY recharge. Not from Major Stats, Feats, Set Bonuses or Recovery itself). This could be a global problem, as I have only tested it on my wizard.

All of these issues combined make for a pretty rough experience when you stack recovery and use the PvP set. Almost as if half of your items are doing nothing at all.

-- Additional Bugs --

Power Ranks - I'm not sure how many abilities this issue applies to.. but it's scary if we assume the worst. Out of the two powers that have been tested:

Ice Rays: 10% damage for rank 2 and 3. These rank ups DO NOT increase the damage of this ability.

Shard of the Endless Avalanche: 5 second cool down reduction for rank 2 and 3. These rank ups DO NOT reduce the cool down of this ability. <Falchoin>

Shard of the Endless Avalanche - Occasionally, SotEA does not summon when placed in the Spell Mastery Slot. Additionally, SotEA sometimes goes on full cool down and disappears without the wizard having interacted with it (I find this happens a lot if you lose control of your character right after summoning). Also, SotEA CANNOT critical strike (Even with Eye of the Storm active). <Falchoin>

Steal Time - If you cast Steam Time immediately proceeding a dodge, the cast animation for Steal Time will be interrupted. I find this to be the case for a lot of abilities, however Steal Time is unique in that it has a cast bar, and the ability is lost of this cast is canceled at any point. This is a 100% reoccurring bug. <Abw42/Th3mod>

Hopefully this is all resolved in the future, beta is beta. (Although I realize there are a lot of other higher priority issues, like the Smoke Bomb disconnections).

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by endlesspillows on

Comments

• falchoinfalchoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 386 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Adding to the above list...

Shard of the Endless Avalanche in the spell mastery slot sometimes does not summon at all, especially in low ceiling areas or next to walls. I think the shard is being summoned outside the map.

Occasionally Shard of the Endless Avalanche goes on its full cooldown before moving the shard at all.

The rank up information for Shard of the Endless Avalanche states each additional rank reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds. It does not.

I don't know if it's a bug but Shard of the Endless Avalanche does not crit.

Powers like Shield and Steal Time that have friendly effects can crit with said effects and proc the Nightmare Wizardry debuff on self or party members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    falchoin wrote: »
    Adding to the above list...

Shard of the Endless Avalanche in the spell mastery slot sometimes does not summon at all, especially in low ceiling areas or next to walls. I think the shard is being summoned outside the map.

Occasionally Shard of the Endless Avalanche goes on its full cooldown before moving the shard at all.

The rank up information for Shard of the Endless Avalanche states each additional rank reduces the cooldown by 5 seconds. It does not.

I don't know if it's a bug but Shard of the Endless Avalanche does not crit.

Powers like Shield and Steal Time that have friendly effects can crit with said effects and proc the Nightmare Wizardry debuff on self or party members.

Now that you mention it, I did run into these issues with Shard of the Endless Avalanche, I don't know why I forgot to mention them. I'll add it above.
  • endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Slight /bump to see if anyone else has encountered more bugs.
  • alsntmalsntm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure how big of a deal it is, but holding your left/right mouse pressed down will allow you to continually cast your at-wills, even if you activate other abilities without releasing the mouse buttons. However, dodging(teleport) does not allow for this. I don't know why the game somehow thinks that I do not want to cast my at-will even though I'm still keeping the button pressed, simply because I dodged. I assume this is a global issue, but I play a CW and it's annoying those times that I'm just standing there doing nothing while keeping the mouse pressed.
  • th3modth3mod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    I have definitely encountered a number of these bugs, also adding that you can doubletap "Steal-time" and it goes on a 17 sec CD with absolutely no effect, which is kind of annyoing! (This only happens to me when I am in PvP and try to do things fast, maybe I am just a newbie :P)

Also, some times when you drink a HP pot nothing happens, it goes on cooldown, consumes one pot but your HP won't move at all, which is really annoying! :(
  • abw42abw42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One I know of as well is with Steal Time: If you click to activate it right after blinking or having just stopped moving and not pausing a split second the spell will go on CD but the channeling is instantly cancelled as if you moved during the casting. It will do no dmg and not stun, even for a split second. Just noticed the person ahead of me stated this, Ill just add mine to back his statement up.

And yes, there are times when our abilities do not crit even when the autocrit passive, eye of the storm, is active.
    edited May 2013
    abw42 wrote: »
    One I know of as well is with Steal Time: If you click to activate it right after blinking or having just stopped moving and not pausing a split second the spell will go on CD but the channeling is instantly cancelled as if you moved during the casting. It will do no dmg and not stun, even for a split second. Just noticed the person ahead of me stated this, Ill just add mine to back his statement up.

And yes, there are times when our abilities do not crit even when the autocrit passive, eye of the storm, is active.

This is correct. You have to wait ~half a second after dodging before casting Steal Time or else the channelling is canceled immediately (Even if you stay completely stationary after the dodge).
    edited May 2013
    alsntm wrote: »
    Not sure how big of a deal it is, but holding your left/right mouse pressed down will allow you to continually cast your at-wills, even if you activate other abilities without releasing the mouse buttons. However, dodging(teleport) does not allow for this. I don't know why the game somehow thinks that I do not want to cast my at-will even though I'm still keeping the button pressed, simply because I dodged. I assume this is a global issue, but I play a CW and it's annoying those times that I'm just standing there doing nothing while keeping the mouse pressed.

That does seem like a global issue. And also frustrating due to the lack of consistency. At least you can manually fix this over time with muscle memory, unlike some of these other bugs :(
  • yido12yido12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why but if you use Eye of the storm on the top slot and arcane presence in the bottom slot, Arcane Presence will not work.
    edited May 2013
    yido12 wrote: »
    I don't know why but if you use Eye of the storm on the top slot and arcane presence in the bottom slot, Arcane Presence will not work.

Does Arcane Presence work if it is in the top slot?
  • tragrtragr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alsntm wrote: »

You can avoid the "hiccups" and delays in movement associated with double tapping by using the shift key while holding down a movement key. I found this out by accident after playing on my GWF as their dodge mechanic is designed to use the shift modifier. I logged onto my CW and hit shift by habit and the teleport still worked.
  • pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thank you for making this thread. The 4 piece pvp set bonus is definitely not working. Which really bummed me out when i got the full set and realized it.

Also if you teleport and then click and hold your magic missile it skips the first 2 attack and goes right in to the triple shot. Something I am pretty sure shouldnt be happening. Even tho it is nice lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    thank you for making this thread. The 4 piece pvp set bonus is definitely not working. Which really bummed me out when i got the full set and realized it.

Also if you teleport and then click and hold your magic missile it skips the first 2 attack and goes right in to the triple shot. Something I am pretty sure shouldnt be happening. Even tho it is nice lol

Ya.. The other bugs were annoying, but I assumed they will eventually be fixed (And I could just build around them for the time being). The PvP set was the one that disappointed me the most, which is why I made the thread.
  • lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Yeah lots of bugs out here ATM. Hopefully they hurry up and patch away.
  • pyrosarashipyrosarashi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I reported it in the proper forums, but Reaper's Touch(30% more dmg on at wills if standing in 20ft range) doesn't work with the initial hit of Storm Pillar. It seems to affect the second part if you're fully charged(the little thing that throws lightning at close targets) but the main damage is unaffected. Makes it so in a lot of cases using magic missile even when there's 5 targets leads to more damage.
  • lucienkorthuslucienkorthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please add to the list arcane power stacks drop off if you do anything other than spam magic missile. Even if you stop for a second, and are still under attack, they drop off.

So if you blink away (which is pretty much always in pvp) add a cold spell into your rotation...anything t all. At one point I used one cooldown to cast an arcane spell that grants a stack, and all my stacks fell off.

Considering this is where the majority of your damage comes from, and several spells either increase in length or are effected in some other way, not being able to retain the charges murders your damage in pvp.

Im not sure if this is because in pvp you don't "stay in combat", which would explain why you are able to mount up seconds after being attacked.

Either way, it needs to get fixed.
    edited May 2013
    Please add to the list arcane power stacks drop off if you do anything other than spam magic missile. Even if you stop for a second, and are still under attack, they drop off.

So if you blink away (which is pretty much always in pvp) add a cold spell into your rotation...anything t all. At one point I used one cooldown to cast an arcane spell that grants a stack, and all my stacks fell off.

Considering this is where the majority of your damage comes from, and several spells either increase in length or are effected in some other way, not being able to retain the charges murders your damage in pvp.

Im not sure if this is because in pvp you don't "stay in combat", which would explain why you are able to mount up seconds after being attacked.

Either way, it needs to get fixed.

As far as I know, this is working as intended. Nothing implies that you should keep your stacks as long as you are in combat. The stacks simply have a duration that is refreshed when you cast another missile.

This is to actually add depth to the mechanic, like you said. You have to make choices, what spells do you want to augment with your stacks, or do you want to just keep them for MM damage.
  • vespirkavespirka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Arcane mastery stacks are on for 10 seconds, counting from last application, also they apply only from 3rd hit of Missiles. If you need to use some frost speels, you can freely do it, then fast use e.g entangling force to refresh them and go on missling your foes =)

The bug I encountered is the following:
    When using Singularity, and throwing Avalanche into them from the moment of they are close to the hole and until they are dropped, it does no damage.
    Also while Eye of Storm procs, nothing except atwills will crit. Maybe only Conduit of Ice.

And why didn't you post it in "Bugs" forums?
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Noticed this too, ranks do nothing as far as cooldowns. Glad to see a large thread addressing this.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • vespirkavespirka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also blackhole issue is with sudden storm - i had crits like 12 dmg when casting it at the moment of lifting
  • spencer1000flspencer1000fl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vespirka wrote: »
    Also blackhole issue is with sudden storm - i had crits like 12 dmg when casting it at the moment of lifting

It always deals that tiny damage after initial hit whether there is a singularity or not.

Ive noticed Sudden Storm does not crit at all on initial damage, the tiny 12 damage after ticks can crit though. Not sure if this is intended but it makes sudden storm almost not worth it most of the time.
    edited May 2013
    It seems no matter what sudden storm cannot crit. Even with eye of the storm. Would love if the ability said that (Assuming it's intended).
  • clanticclantic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bump because SotEA is still VERY bugged. Waste of points unless your not going crit and only put 1 point in it. Fun to use, but a bummer it's so bugged.
    Issues I faced with this spell are ALL the mentioned ones in the first 2 posts.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not sure whether it qualifies as a bug, but Shield is removed during every zone switching. If there is a loading screen, Shield will need to be re-cast.

There is also the issue of Tempest Magic and Bloodhunt (Tiefling racial) not working together. Bloodhunt is ignored instead of stacking with Tempest Magic.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • tokse2tokse2 Member Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Another one:

Conduit of Ice, Icy Terrain, Sudden Storm and Arcane Singularity don't receive an increase in damage from Evocation or AoE damage feats Wizard's Wrath and Focused Wizardry. It seems they're not recognized as AoE effects.
  • barambalnwnbarambalnwn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Frozen Power Transfer" from Thaumaturge Paragon tree only stacks 5 times.
    Not sure it's a bug or simply a missing tooltip detail, but that's what I've noticed several times hitting packs of mobs and tracking my buffs.
    I may be wrong though, needs more testing.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    icy rays also don;t do 50% more dmg if put in mastery slot and the talent that meant to up their dmg by 20% also does nothing.