test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Few Issues, Neverwinter.

rathosdrathosd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So here's my issue so far. There's a few things that kind of upset me when it comes to Neverwinter.

First I'd like to address my personal issue with the loot in this game. Most of it is garbage, simply put. I recall at one point for a quest reward I got a sword called "Longsword of Fire", or something akin to it. So being a rational nerd who plays DnD I assumed it would you know..have a fire enchant or do fire damage. Nope. It's just stats that have no correlation to the weapon name itself in that instance. That's lazy, far and beyond lazy.

Speaking of lazy, most of the gear is pretty standard. It's nice looking, but there's not enough of it. I'm at a point now where I don't pick up the plethora of worthless, non-unique greens I get. It's like Boarderlands or Diablo on heroin, just trash trash trash! I love the option of changing the way loot looks. But ....what do I change it into?
At the start of the game I found two Orc 1h weapons, greens with a sweet description.
Have not found one sense. Where did they all go?! More of that please.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say that I expect SOME effort put into the gear. I've been wearing the same helm design for so, so long now. I pick up new ones from the shops. But they look the same too.
And it's funny, I play a dwarf so my shoulderpads with my plate don't even look right. The model is BROKEN.

I'm not going to include dungeon drops in this (as far as art assets) because to date, I've never gotten a drop. Because every boss only drops ONE item from what I can tell.

The dungeons are fun? Yes.
Do they take too long? Yes.
Is there really any reward at the end? No.

I ran Mad Dragon without a healer during the dungeon drop event.
We had not finished it before the event timer ran out! I struggled to tank the dragon and adds, relying on my pocket healer who was only 'just' enough to keep me up. Of course most of the fight I was running around trying to find her corpse so I could rez her, so I would not die.

Mind you this was a really cool fight, save the fact that the adds kept coming. It was a floodgate of badguys! Tanking the dragon was sometimes hard enough for me, let alone when I had other elites literally rushing the field every minute. There were times imps nearly downed me because there was just TOO much to focus on. It really detracted from the whole "I'm killing an epic dragon" and instead became a spam feast of adds and panic mode. I also used over 50 potions that fight due to our lack of healer. Since the dungeon finder did not give us one.

At the end of all of this epic difficulty, I got nothing. The amazingly cool dragon dropped some gloves. That's it. Gloves, and not for a class anyone could use.
I would expect a dragon to drop some really nice things, considering how hard of a fight it was.
But in the end, the Dungeon Timer ran out, we did not get our extra loot, nobody got a drop from the dragon (save 4 Marks) and we all just kinda sighed.

I understand that you want the achievement to be it's own reward. It is.
But some dragonscale plate or poison enchanted sword would make me feel better.
Something to theme it up more, make it feel like we really worked hard to get something, anything.
I bring WoW up for only one reason, the drops. It's a pretty huge motivator for players in every MMO for the most part (especially in a gear/stat based setup).

Also, 40$ for a mount? In this economy? I raise my middle finger to you.

All in all. I like this game a lot and I will continue to pop in and out to see what's going on with it. But I feel that the loot is generic and repetitive, lacking creative flair and real impact.

Post edited by rathosd on

Comments

• Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000942

Add in a monthly $15 fee...

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    rathosdrathosd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What's your point? It's still 40$ for a mount. The 15$ a month is the privilege to play WoW. You get something for that 15$.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rathosd wrote: »
    What's your point? It's still 40$ for a mount. The 15$ a month is the privilege to play WoW. You get something for that 15$.

Sounds like Wow is the game for you then, Neverwinter isn't and never will be a raid centric MMO also You don't have to spend $40.00 for a mount, many can be purchased at the AH, through some of the magazine code giveaways and from Vendors. My Daughter received her NIM for 1.2 mil in AD which took her about four days of casual play to come up with.

I do agree that gear needs more variation, but as far as the Dungeons taking too long...I have the attention span of a puppy on jolt cola and I don' t think they take too long at all.

Different strokes.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    eternalpietyeternalpiety Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have to agree with the op here, i am no-where near where you guys have all got to, but the drops so far have been dissapointing.
    my cleric has a couple of better items but same appearance as starter armour. my trickster the other day got six belts, all identical and same stats,one was from the chest reward. i'm sure a little more thought could be put into making the items a little more interesting
  • Options
    trueshinsotrueshinso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    agreed, the gear models definitely are too limited. The bosses should drop a couple pieces of loot, its not like dungeons are common in this game. Items that come with say, 1 unique enchantment that takes up a slot would be really cool. Do i take the sword that adds some free poison dmg with only one extra slot? or do i take the 2 slot weapon and put in whatever i want? It would add something to the game.
  • Options
    celene78celene78 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this game has potential, or would have if they would fix some main issues asap. Crafting = ridiculous. come on, this rly the best u could come up with??? crafting is basically pointless how it is. u will be out leveled the gear u can craft when u can craft it. dungeons ok......but ya we sure do need to make sure to loot that stuff on the ground to get the seals. and ya master looter cause u cant trust any1 right. and whats up with mob drops? pointless o pointless.....ya ok give us nightmare lockboxes......which we cant even delete. nah i say this game has failed sofar. sad to say it. loved neverwinter..would love this game, but it has some serious fixing to do.
  • Options
    celene78celene78 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    and btw does any devs even read this lol....