test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Send gold to alts?

skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How can I send gold to an alt if I want to delete a character but not lose the currency (just gold) they have? The bank doesn't seem to have any way to input currency and the mail carrier only allows items to be sent. Are we just supposed to dump gold if we delete? That is a horrible limitation if so.
Post edited by skuldarn on

Comments

• dragonchow1dragonchow1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skuldarn wrote: »
    How can I send gold to an alt if I want to delete a character but not lose the currency (just gold) they have? The bank doesn't seem to have any way to input currency and the mail carrier only allows items to be sent. Are we just supposed to dump gold if we delete? That is a horrible limitation if so.

Good question
  • braindrain13braindrain13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As far as I can tell, you cannot transfer currencies (gold, etc) to other alts. I've only been able to mail items (unbound), nothing more.
  • stormerstormer Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make a second account and start 2 clients then trade among 2 of your characters
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll hold it for you.
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops000 wrote: »
    I'll hold it for you.

I remember doing that in EQ before shared storage and in game mail was around. I was so stressed passing my Brass Breastplate to a stranger to hold while I logged off and on with my alt. Thing is, I was never burned. World was such a safer place back then :)

But yeah, lets get an easier way to transfer money and Diamonds around between account toons
  • petraabellipetraabelli Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    I remember doing that in EQ before shared storage and in game mail was around. I was so stressed passing my Brass Breastplate to a stranger to hold while I logged off and on with my alt. Thing is, I was never burned. World was such a safer place back then :)

But yeah, lets get an easier way to transfer money and Diamonds around between account toons

Everquest must have been nice, I remember playing Diablo 2 and people were trying to scam you left and right.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everquest must have been nice, I remember playing Diablo 2 and people were trying to scam you left and right.

Yeah, most of those people moved on to WoW...
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • rhoidrhoid Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »

I used to move the 2 characters i wanted to trade to to a hilltop high on zone wall in EC drop on one log in other and pick it up .. so risky
  • electronaughtelectronaught Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoid wrote: »
    I used to move the 2 characters i wanted to trade to to a hilltop high on zone wall in EC drop on one log in other and pick it up .. so risky

Oh the memories! I used to go to a zone like lesser faydark where no one was and just drop it next to some brownies.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, most of those people moved on to WoW...

Considering how many people are trying to scam people into trading keys for 10 nightmare boxes I think they ended up here.

An answer to the OP: If you have no (reliable) friends just get another account, log in with both and trade it that way.
  • skuldarnskuldarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Back in EQ, I would use a back upstairs room in the inn in one of the Freeport zones to shift items. I thought modern MMOs would be more advanced, but apparently some are still stuck in the past and not in a good way. I suspect it is a subtle tactic to increase sales of the class slots. Things like that, combined with a striking lack of official interaction in any of the threads I've seen, make me wary of this game. It seems fairly enjoyable so far, but too many aspects sour the promise of much longevity for me.

Since the character I want to delete to try another class is only level 5, I'm not losing much, but the principle still galls me, as does the extremely limited starting number of slots. You can't even get a feel for what class you like without spending money or losing all forms of progress.
  • bigtank10kbigtank10k Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Everquest was nice but BY FAR the hardest leveling game i ever played.. 49-50 took 3-5 weeks depending on how often you played and 3weeks was fastes u could possibly get.. Thank u god for removing "hell levels"