test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heal Spec Cleric struggles at Solo'ing

lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Hey everyone,

I play a healing specced Devote Cleric. I seem to really struggle solo'ing. Its takes forever to kill anything in which I die sometimes, ive tried speccing to have some more potent dps powers to slot in when Im not healing. If friends/guildmates aren't on I either pvp or don't play. Any suggestions or anyone else struggling?

Oh I'm level 38 btw.
Post edited by lilura138 on

Comments

• Options
    keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The following powers can smash monsters into the floor, as long as you have at least 1 point:
    Daunting Light
    Searing Light
    Chains of Blazing Light

Do you have at least 2 of those? If so, toss them on your bar and you should be good to go. Just kill pulls before they get to you instead of trying to outheal monster damage.
  • Options
    lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use Searing Light and Chains of Blazing Light
  • Options
    keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, for normal packs you should be able to chain on the pull, then divinity sear the pack. Or reverse timing if appropriate. I prefer Daunting Light over Searing, personally, but that should still be true with careful timing. That should clear the chaff and then your damaging at-will of choice for picking things off.

What problems do you have beyond that? With single solos like the big devils?
  • Options
    kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?157861-Videos-Cleric-Epic-Dungeon-Runs-and-Build

Im using this and am so OP solo its <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Also OP in group. Check it out if ya want
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daunting light is a one shot kills all non boss trash that it hits. you should be stacking crit and recovery as you level NOT power. power scales extremely poorly for this class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imq1CFJkONc starts with a group fight, ends in a couple solo fights. i was levelling using undefined's originally posted build so - a healing build.
  • Options
    squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use Sun Burst/Daunting Light/Chains of Blazing Light until u can have Astral Shield, then drop chains and have fun, u'll won't use any potions till last quest zone when u have the astral shield if you are heal specced. ;)
    lhytav2.png
  • Options
    groborthirgroborthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Sun Burst/Daunting Light/Chains of Blazing Light was what I was running with whilst leveling up, and I went for a healing build also, so eventhough you kill slower than the other classes, just using those three powers give you enough DPS to kill most things fairly quick. If you fight something that is tough and require more healing, swap Chains for Forgemaster, or, if you're level 50+, Astral Shield in divinity mode, and pretty much any solo content becomes very easy.
    "Bring me my Bow of burning gold;
    Bring me my Arrows of desire:
    Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
    Bring me my Chariot of fire!"
  • Options
    deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    When soloing trash mobs, I usually go with healer companion with the following powers.

At will: Brand of Sun (1/3) - damage over time spell. You can always switch to Astral Seal if you feel you need more heal than damage.
    At will: Lance of Faith (3/3) - seems to be the most damaging at-will-power.
    Encounter: Sunburst (3/3) - heal + damage , also can push back when you needed some space.
    Encounter: Forgemaster's Flame (3/3) - you will be likely taking mobs yourself, so the heal from D-mode is helpful, plus it another damage spell.
    Encounter: Daunting Light (3/3) - huge damage, also you can use it as a fight starter, see a group of trash with 1 strong mob standing together. Go Divine-mode and select the area where it can wipe out most of the trash, leaving you with just the strong mob.
    Daily: Flamestrike (3/3) - huge damage, I seldom use it, only when accidently pull more mobs than usually or fights starting to go south.
    Daily: up to you.

For solo dungeon boss mob (around 30+, when boss started to spawn adds, I use the Defender companion instead, the Healer/DPS companions drop too fast)

At will: Astral Seal (3/3) - heal your Defender companion.
    At will: Lance of Faith (3/3) - seems to be the most damaging at-will-power
    Encounter: Sunburst (3/3) - heal + damage , also can push back when you needed some space.
    Encounter: Healing Word (3/3) - heal your Defender companion
    Encounter: Daunting Light (3/3) - huge damage, also as you are healing more, adds spawned from boss will come after you, so you take them out with this spell, sunburst and lance of faith.
    Daily: Flamestrike (3/3) - huge damage, same reason as Daunting Light

Passive: Holy Fervor (3/3), increase dmg dealt feature, max at 8% (sorry can't remember its name)

Once you hit 50 level and got your Encounter: Astral Shield, replace Healing Words/ Forgemaster's Flame with it. It has better healing than either, and always cast in D-mode and place it's effect over you and your companion.
  • Options
    yushimushiyushimushi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I'm soloing, I use my striker companion, in this case the dog. The knockdown it does can be a real HP saver. For powers, have all offensive save for maybe HW, and don't be afraid to use pots. Also make sure your weapon is up-to-date and has a good amount of power/crit. You're almost 40, and I think there's a blue weapon you can buy from the vendor in Protector's Enclave (don't quote me, but it's been that way every ten levels so far...haven't checked).

This is what I'm using at the moment. Before I hit 35, it was slow, but afterwards, I'm nuking everything in sight and hardly need to use pots outside of dungeons are big pulls.

At Will:
    -Lance of Faith - your main source of dps when everything is on cooldown.
    -Brand of the Sun - put this DoT on everything you're fighting.

Encounter:
    -Chains of Blazing Light - I usually lead with this followed by BotS; by the time mobs get to me, they're almost dead, then die as they attack me.
    -Daunting Light - Cast this in divinity mode and just about any trash mob in the game will be one-shotted. Otherwise, it's a good source of dps on a single target.
    -*** - Anything here is fine, since DL and CBL will kill most things. I use Healing Word to get AP while between fights, but anything is ok.

Daily:
    -Flamestrike - Your best dps daily. Use and abuse its knock up.
    -Hallowed Ground - I'm lazy, so I don't bother to switch it out, but there's nothing really better to use solo other than FS at your level. I don't think I've used it solo though.
  • Options
    rikudou87rikudou87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fortunately I'm leveling together with a friend - otherwise I would feel your pain.
    RIKUDOU GAMING
    GAMING GENERATION
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My setup isn't quite level 38 yet, but it's pretty close. Granted I tested clerics to top level during the alpha/beta phases, so I generally have a good idea of how the class works.

Daily: Hallowed Ground, Flame Strike
    At Will: Lance of Faith, Astral Seal (can switch to Sacred Flame if you need some healing)
    Encounter 1: Daunting Light (r3)
    Encounter 2: Forgemaster's Flame (r3)
    Encounter 3: Prophecy of Doom (r3) (I do sometimes switch this out with Searing Light)
    Passives: Holy Fervor/Foresight

General idea here is to get your daily up as fast as possible, drop it as soon as it's available.

Run basically (Divine) DL, (Divine) FF on strongest mob, normal PoD on strongest mob.

Generally a DL will leave you only Lts left (kills all minions). Never cast FF without being in divine mode. Self-Healing almost unnecessary once you get the rotation down. I'll probably switch out Foresight for Terrifying Insight at level 40, but it will depend on the fight.

Oh, if you don't have (3/5) Rising Hope, get it. It will save you tons of grief later. It is a must-have power for any tree, honestly.

My thought on chains: It's a good power, but for soloing, it's lackluster after you get DL and especially FF. Sunburst is for solo quest bosses, but in regular grinding levels? Not so good after level 20 or so.
  • Options
    kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    I think the problem people are having is that they feel that healing is similar to other mmo's. In NW it is not the case. IMO you must think of the cleric as a battle cleric. My place as a full healing cleric is right in the mix of things with all the rest of the people. We should be doing damage and healing. Unspecified's guide and videos are awesome. As soon as you start to battle cleric all my issues with healing went away. We will be taking damage with everyone else during the dungeon or solo. I linked the post to unspecifieds guide earlier in the thread. I highly reccomend it to anyone playing cleric new or old.