test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone seen the new $40 bear mount?

stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it just me, or is the $40 bear mount as boring as the armors leveling up? If I'm about to spend $40, make the bear <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Seriously, you have a brown bear with some iron armor on it. $40?! For $40 I want a spectral galaxy bear that can fly.
1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
Post edited by stonedbill on

Comments

• stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yeah I've seen it, looks exactly the same as the $30 bear mount. Boom I just saved you $10!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the $40 bear mount as boring as the armors leveling up? If I'm about to spend $40, make the bear <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Seriously, you have a brown bear with some iron armor on it. $40?! For $40 I want a spectral galaxy bear that can fly.

They don't need to WoWify the mounts, the bear is okay and looks D&Dish
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's $40. Heavy Howler (Definitely WoWified) looks more close to that price then this bear. $20 MAX considering outrageous zen prices.
    1ovlbg9.png

• ashikuroashikuro Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    $40 ...wtf is wrong with these people? I haven't seen people try and hussle for money this bad since I was smacking away the street peddlers and prostitutes in Jamaica.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    looks like a bear , with an drow infection on its back .
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me take back my last statement. This should be an 800g mount. Smh
    1ovlbg9.png

• glaknarglaknar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    SMH at people who would spend 40 real dollars for a mount in a game.... 10 bucks sure, maybe even 20.

There should be a Dollar Value class in school.

I wonder how many people will toss the zen on their credit card, making that 40 dollar mount 80 dollars after interest.
  • grebushthndrstkgrebushthndrstk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any subscription based game you would pay about $360 a year to play, now think of the people that play these games for years. $40 for a mount that works on all characters is not a bad deal/one time purchase. Other than that it is simple, vote with your wallet. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    none have a photo?
  • kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    make it Ursa from DOTA and maybe I'll buy.
  • arcbladezarcbladez Member Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I dunno, maybe some people like bears over horses or wolves. :P

I personally don't. I looked at the bear for 5 seconds, said to myself: "meh... the wolf is more bad@$$" and went with the wolf. :D I guess i'm just not a bear kinda person. But some people I know are. She collects teddy bear plushies and had a hunter in WoW with a bear pet! I bet if she played this game, she'd buy the bear mount.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

there are multiple bear mounts in wow, including an armored one.
  • wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013
    there are multiple bear mounts in wow, including an armored one.

apparently you didn't read the comment he replied too.
    edited May 2013
    wolfzilva wrote: »
    apparently you didn't read the comment he replied too.

oh I did. Sounded like he doesn't want WoWified mounts in this holy precious absolutely not a cash scam game and I was just informing him that there are indeed wow mounts in this game.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Time to buy more PWRD.
  • frost168frost168 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bought the Armored bear mount and LOVE IT !!!

I wish I could get the spider, but IMO this is the 2nd best mount in game. I'd put the tellarium bar horse third. It was second but the bear bumped it ;)

The armored bear looks exactly like the "extra" photo. Go to the Zen shop, click on the armored bear, and then click on the photo on the lower right corner for your extra pic.
  • pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    frost168 wrote: »
    Bought the Armored bear mount and LOVE IT !!!

I wish I could get the spider, but IMO this is the 2nd best mount in game. I'd put the tellarium bar horse third. It was second but the bear bumped it ;)

The armored bear looks exactly like the "extra" photo. Go to the Zen shop, click on the armored bear, and then click on the photo on the lower right corner for your extra pic.

God bless you.
  • dugansonduganson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    I'd be a little more tempted to buy it IF they had released the Druid class. Same with the wolf.
    edited May 2013
    For you guys who didn't see what the bear looks like:
    25f95055ee00e46079021a282b17ac381367881702.jpg

Sorry, but this mount is nowhere near worth $40.
    1ovlbg9.png

• blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beat me to it :)
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
    edited May 2013
    cool if they had a barbarian class or maybe ranger/druid
    edited May 2013
    thanks for posting the pic, I'm at work so can't see it in game right now.
  • doomsagadoomsaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any subscription based game you would pay about $360 a year to play, now think of the people that play these games for years. $40 for a mount that works on all characters is not a bad deal/one time purchase. Other than that it is simple, vote with your wallet. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

You suck at math. 15 dollars X 12 months does not equal 360 dollars. 40 dollars for a month is equivalent to almost 3 months of playtime for a subscription based model.
    edited May 2013
    doomsaga wrote: »
    You suck at math. 15 dollars X 12 months does not equal 360 dollars. 40 dollars for a month is equivalent to almost 3 months of playtime for a subscription based model.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lmao
    1ovlbg9.png

• ccoulterccoulter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh I did. Sounded like he doesn't want WoWified mounts in this holy precious absolutely not a cash scam game and I was just informing him that there are indeed wow mounts in this game.

This game has swords.. and WoW has swords... this game has robes... SWTOR has robes.....

So this game is Star Wars of Warcraft? :P

The Spider is the most WoW style mount so far and it's a far cry from it. there's nothing wrong in wanting this game not to just look like every other game that just shrugs, says "I dunno, just do what WoW does. It's making all the money." and copy/pastes all its design. (SWTOR, I'm looking at you...)
    edited May 2013
    ccoulter wrote: »
    This game has swords.. and WoW has swords... this game has robes... SWTOR has robes.....

So this game is Star Wars of Warcraft? :P

The Spider is the most WoW style mount so far and it's a far cry from it. there's nothing wrong in wanting this game not to just look like every other game that just shrugs, says "I dunno, just do what WoW does. It's making all the money." and copy/pastes all its design. (SWTOR, I'm looking at you...)

I think you're forgetting the Howler (Definitely WoWish) and the **** Infernal Chest Mount. The spider is a STRAIGHT rip from Rift.
    1ovlbg9.png