test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where do I go to level Companions at 60

trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I was all for the foundry nerf...Simply because I was already level 60 when people started exploiting but now it's kind of a pain, I would like to level my companions but now that foundry has little exp, where should I go to level Companions?
Post edited by trollsparrow on

Comments

• Options
    ajr2355ajr2355 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16
    edited May 2013
    start a new char and learn like everyone else
  • Options
    trollsparrowtrollsparrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    ajr2355 wrote: »
    start a new char and learn like everyone else

I R Cant read...Did you even read the post or just the title? I am trying to level my companions...Why would I start a new character?
  • Options
    peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I R Cant read...Did you even read the post or just the title? I am trying to level my companions...Why would I start a new character?

Some people comment, based on zero information.

Anyway, I just did some foundry quests. Try some story ones. The companions seems to level up fast enough like that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes i read it. you raced to 60 and don't even know how to level a companion....
  • Options
    peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ahh good point
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013

He didn't say, "how," he said , "where?"

That's twice now you've failed at reading comprehension.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    He didn't say, "how," he said , "where?"

That's twice now you've failed at reading comprehension.

i understood him completely now your the second one who thought i couldn't read/understand i guess.

where is is pretty much how fo what he asked if you didn't understand.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i understood him completely now your the second one who thought i couldn't read/understand i guess.

I can't even understand what you are trying to write...Read before you write...otherwise you might look like a fool.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I can't even understand what you are trying to write...Read before you write...otherwise you might look like a fool.

Go to school i guess?
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doing quests I found leveled them up fine. Especially near the end where you get 3-4k per quest completion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

There's a thing called a , "dictionary." There's a few online ones you can use.

You'll find that "where" refers to a location. "How" refers to the means.

Two separate words, two separate meanings.

They are not the same in this game. You'll see in that dictionary, "where," does not mean, "this is an open invitation to insult me."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Doing quests I found leveled them up fine. Especially near the end where you get 3-4k per quest completion.

sadly I've done all the quest. Thanks for replying though. Guess I will just start killing mobs.
  • Options
    northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    huh? your posts make 0 sense.
  • Options
    northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Go to school i guess?

Ironic telling someone to "go to school" when you can't spell, use proper english, and type complete sentences.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sadly I've done all the quest. Thanks for replying though. Guess I will just start killing mobs.

And your companion still isn't max rank? Mine was max well before I finished all the quests. I've actually been popping out the vendor companions when I go to turn in quests just so I don't feel the XP is wasted since I am level 60. So far I have the panther to 30, the cleric and wizard to 15 and a man at arms at about 9 or 10. And I still haven't finished all the quests in the game.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Be careful
    Go to school i guess?

what <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you spew out, ok?
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    xevvxevv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Except he probably bought a cat at 60. When all his quests were done.

Anyway. I did it too. You get like .3 a level from each dungeon. Youll get there eventually :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    companion(s)...I've leveled my 1st one to rank 30 pretty quick. Now I am trying to level my other ones lol. Don't understand why this topic is so hard to grasp.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And your companion still isn't max rank? Mine was max well before I finished all the quests. I've actually been popping out the vendor companions when I go to turn in quests just so I don't feel the XP is wasted since I am level 60. So far I have the panther to 30, the cleric and wizard to 15 and a man at arms at about 9 or 10. And I still haven't finished all the quests in the game.

Some folks buy companions late. I bought galeb dur around level 30 and shelved all the other pets. He hit rank 30 just before I hit 60. Now, I have to go back and level the others. Just picked up the guadian pack so now I also have a rank 1 dire wolf while I'm at 60.

20 to 30 is a royal pain, seems like the xp required gets way harder.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    buc nsad much i did yestlunch oh i forgot i can't typppe
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    companion(s)...I've leveled my 1st one to rank 30 pretty quick. Now I am trying to level my other ones lol. Don't understand why this topic is so hard to grasp.

Well your original post was a little vague. Perhaps if you would have provided more information you would have received an answer more specific to your particular dilemma.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well your original post was a little vague. Perhaps if you would have provided more information you would have received an answer more specific to your particular dilemma.

It wasn't vague at all. The title says it all and all that needs to be answered.

But because he talked about foundry you assumed he powered his way to 60 with the bug and wanted to give him grief rather than answer the question.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    It wasn't vague at all. The title says it all and all that needs to be answered.

But because he talked about foundry you assumed he powered his way to 60 with the bug and wanted to give him grief rather than answer the question.

I assumed nothing. But thanks for assuming I was assuming. "How do I level Companions at 60" is vague as he didn't indicate he already had one already maxxed and was working on others. So my answer was based off that.

But thanks for giving me grief about answering his question.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I assumed nothing. But thanks for assuming I was assuming. "How do I level Companions at 60" is vague as he didn't indicate he already had one already maxxed and was working on others. So my answer was based off that.

But thanks for giving me grief about answering his question.

Vague? It makes no difference if he already has one max'd or not.

The problem is the same.
  • Options
    hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    the problem is the OP is 60 and simply too stupid to realize he could simply do lvl 60 content and lvl up his companion... oh well, not everyone is smart. poster who said to start a new character to learn is probably the best response in this whole thread, since honestly there is no hope for this guy.
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xevv wrote: »
    Except he probably bought a cat at 60. When all his quests were done.

Anyway. I did it too. You get like .3 a level from each dungeon. Youll get there eventually :(

I hit 60 having done all quests too, and then wondered how to level them as swapping them out for turn in was an awesome way to level the alt ones. Been doing story foundry ones, and it's not too bad. The early level as easy as pie, but past 20 it starts to go slower than it did with quest turn ins. Just run foundry for fun or do dungeons and they will level decently.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hokonoso wrote: »
    the problem is the OP is 60 and simply too stupid to realize he could simply do lvl 60 content and lvl up his companion... oh well, not everyone is smart..

Yes, you can level them up that way, but the best and fastest way they leveled up was running with a max level one, and swapping it out for one you needed to level up before you turned in your quest. Just using dungeons to level them is much, much slower. It's funny, people are making fun of him now, but just wait for all the posts once you can upgrade the cleric companions, and people realize it will take a long while to get them up to 30.

Fun fact, i bet once you can, people will be putting level 30 companions on the AH for mad AD.