test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

exploiting

crossgamerukcrossgameruk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So people was exploiting the foundry maps as we all know, but is anything being done about these players or are they just going to stay level 60, I under it was a problem with the game, as a player used a game mechanic on there maps for players to earn a lot of xp. Problem I have is there is most likely another thing that is happening now where people are getting a ton of xp, I think people know about it because the dam chat gets spammed "Is anybody doing the Giving Unlikely Thanks" has anybody seen this exploit yet?
Post edited by crossgameruk on

Comments

• peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to a beta, right? Sounds like you are mad you did not get to "exploit". Better luck next time I guess.
  • crossgamerukcrossgameruk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    peterfs wrote: »
    Welcome to a beta, right? Sounds like you are mad you did not get to "exploit". Better luck next time I guess.

I've already got a level 43 and done all legit, I'm saying is anything been done to stop these. Or is it just going to be patched?
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why do you care? It doesn't affect you, personally.

If it bothers you, its only because you let it bother you. Stop being silly.
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Why do you care? It doesn't affect you, personally.

If it bothers you, its only because you let it bother you. Stop being silly.

So your not mad that there people out there that are level 60 by not doing the game like it should be played doing quests ect...
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploits will be fixed more will be found more will be fixed. It will be a ongoing issue.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They won't tell you if they have taken action against those people. No MMO does. They may say if they have dealt with issues with exploits but not any actions against players
    edited May 2013
    Problem is that it's a problem on the client side not the players side so I think it will only get patched and that is it.
  • krisst0fkrisst0f Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares if people want to ruin their game by not having a challenging and fun gameplay experience.
    I don't cheat, even if I could. What's the point of paying for a game just to beat it by cheating...
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have sent out 1 assassin to travel the world and hit 1 player who exploited per day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So your not mad that there people out there that are level 60 by not doing the game like it should be played doing quests ect...

People like the ones that scream about this subject remind me of people waiting in line and someone cuts infront. You dont care they are infront of you, your just mad because you didnt do it yourself.

By they way the only xploit was having to many mobs in a zone and very few of the xp maps had that. You can still run the trap and pit maps but the xp and drops are so miniscule its not worth it. So now people are going afk in pvp.

The base problem is the game is boring, if it wasnt you wouldnt see so many just wanting to run xp maps instead of the glorious questing.

Also before its asked I did lvl up by questing to 60 and the idea of taking an alt back through that is mind numbing.
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why would i be mad.. it's their choice. if i wanted to i could have done it back then.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will do nothing, because it was never officially labeled as against the rules. Against the spirit of the game, sure, but not against the rules.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I wouldn't be. It doesn't affect me in any way, so whoopdy doo.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I could care less as long as the exploit has stopped which it has, no need to punish anyone.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level 60 or not, it doesn't make any difference to me. I cherished every moment I have for any level. Those people are just oldschool grindfest fanatics.