test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A sober, disappointed Dwarf

beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Where is my ale? Where is my mead? Isn't this D&D?

I've been to numerous taverns throughout the game, and they try and sell me health potions. Wth is that? Give me the ability to be a hammered Dwarf, please.
BEARDY
-= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
Website Recruitment
Post edited by beardyalebelly on

Comments

• Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Alcohol... NOW! /thread
  • Options
    dovahkkiinndovahkkiinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +1 Taverns should be a place where players can relax drink ale and tell tales. not just a pit stop for some potions.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know what the ESRB rating is? As dumb as it is, alcohol use in game affects that.

*sigh*
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    rockombolirockomboli Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dwarfs got the shaft on this game.. no alle, no axes ... really, i mean... no axes man.. that bothers me a lot..
  • Options
    dovahkkiinndovahkkiinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why not just do what GW did add eggnog that makes u trip out lol.
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The no axes for dwarves thing really is a big fail.
  • Options
    peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rockomboli wrote: »
    dwarfs got the shaft on this game.. no alle, no axes ... really, i mean... no axes man.. that bothers me a lot..

Yes, yes it does.

This is about as much a D&D game as the earth is flat.

<Meme Removed as per RoC>

/Hyperbole
  • Options
    beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    You can get axes. My dwarf uses a Greataxe. They're sold on the AD vendor, then you can just change appearance to that weapon graphic.
    BEARDY
    Website Recruitment
  • Options
    ahampelahampel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When do you start to get helmets? I feel weird running around without one.
  • Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ahampel wrote: »

I got my first helmet at lvl.. Uhmm.. 25 i believe :) or later
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Haha. Well now that certainly is a good reason for a dwarf to be disappointed.

This must be some kind of conspiracy to get the dwarves out of the gully. ;)
  • Options
    hsinroghsinrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahampel wrote: »

L22 is the lowest green helm item I have seen on my various characters so far.
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I always buy lvl 20 blue helm, chest, boots, gloves, and weapons from the non-AD npc vendors in the market for about 9s each...

Also there is one quest in the Fallen Tower Tavern, where a half-orc barmaid wishes your help with serving beer to 5 patrons at he tavern, I'm sure if you took a sip out of each mug nobody would be the wiser.
  • Options
    tykytystykytys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, there are NPC helms at lvl 20 as well as crafted lvl 20 ones.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ....Seriously though...where's the ale? Any developers care to explain why there isn't usable alcohol in a D&D game, with Dwarves as one of the main races? Not having ale is a bigger insult to Dwarves than all the Longswords you keep throwing at us to use.
    BEARDY
    Website Recruitment
  • Options
    iudicoletumiudicoletum Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But why is the rum gone?