test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Lag Spikes.

thesaucinthesaucin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So sick of the issues I'm having... Every 10-15 seconds I have MASSIVE lag spikes that can last anywhere from 5-30 secs (can't attack mobs, can't move - eventually rubberband back to my original spot)... I usually die during this time and I'm just completely useless... I can't any group activities or anything... The issue doesn't last all day... Usually it'll start around 10:30 AM EST, and last for several hours.... dissipate, then return later on. The game is unplayable in this state. Here is a picture of the lag in action, as well as some pictures of the tests I've run... I've run the Sporatic ISP "reset" it has done nothing. Really hoping you guys can figure out what the hell is going on

ATg5lqs.jpg

Fhh7HQS.png

H0YG2nC.png

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Post edited by thesaucin on

Comments

• masislak5masislak5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    those numbers from the third screen are bit high according to the pro-guide... go see it
  • crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just started having this Issue myself today. Yesterday and every other days were fine including when I was in the beta weekends everything was A ok.

Now since this patch I have massive spikes ?
  • terrell396terrell396 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im still having this problem in instances pvp. im standing still cant move making me a easy killl in pvp and in instances cant help my party because i cant move -_- seems most people are having this problem hope they fix this is something that needs to be taken care of right away
  • jadedjackalopejadedjackalope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also having issues. A 'server is not responding' message in red pops up at the top of my screen in red and counts up seconds, usually reaching anywhere from 15s to 200s before disconnecting me. I can log back in fine, just to be kicked again in anywhere from a few minutes to 15 seconds.

I experienced the issue very briefly yesterday but it subsided quickly. Today it is rendering the game pretty much unplayable. I haven't experienced it before.

The fact that the general discussion section isn't exploding in outrage leads me to believe the issue isn't widespread.
  • catmaestrocatmaestro Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somehow, i'm getting every 5 mins or so a super lag that i see everyone run around, then i get a dc. What is going on with me? am I the only one? I can play with no problems any other game.

Getting reconnect at dungeons is a real pain when you got to run from the beginning of the map.
  • jadedjackalopejadedjackalope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    catmaestro wrote: »
    Somehow, i'm getting every 5 mins or so a super lag that i see everyone run around, then i get a dc. What is going on with me? am I the only one? I can play with no problems any other game.

Getting reconnect at dungeons is a real pain when you got to run from the beginning of the map.

It's definitely not just you. There are 3 or 4 similar posts on the support forum each with a few replies.
  • terrathivterrathiv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    having same issue on beholder shard. Hope this is fix soon just capped my toon and now cant play figures
  • john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems really bad today for some reason. Same problem here and I am running a pretty powerful rig. (it's them)
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • crow2000crow2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    Seems really bad today for some reason. Same problem here and I am running a pretty powerful rig. (it's them)

This seems to be getting worse & worse. the last 2 days I have had trouble even logging in after character selection. i get a lot of the red message saying lost connection to server....
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    His ping may be high but the problem here is the rubber banding. And I have to agree with you crow2000. since patch .15 this game has gotten a lot more rubber bandy then before. Before you could just disable on-demand patching and play the game lag free! But... still no reply on Cryptic =(

I've even frapped my rubberbanding
    http://youtu.be/fm1I4_iMYfo