test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nimble blade vs Deadly momentum

w0nder1337w0nder1337 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Hey,
as said in the title which feat while provide more dps :?

Vh2WidP.jpg vs dFB16Oh.jpg

In pvp ofc nimble blade, since u wont use duelist's flurry
but in pve :? i know tr has a realy huge ammount of crit, but still as pve recount with a 50% of crit, u ll still hit half of the attacks.
Im 55 right now, this are my last 5 point, i plan to do both pve and pvp, i chosed the executioner path because imo is by far to superior to others..
I would go for nimble, but only if is almost equivalent as dps boost, if it would be even a discrete loss in therm of dps for pve, well i ll go for deadly mom, since from what i read arround the pvp part tend to become boring pretty soon.
Post edited by w0nder1337 on

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suppose that would depend on your crit chance. If you have stacked crit then nimble blade is far less useful.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you spec correctly you can get both the talents
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • Options
    edited May 2013

ofc not if u pick 5% crit for u and party and the crit severity bonus while in stealth on same tier as executioner, and well i think that they are a must have.. expecially the crit sev on lashing blade in pvp
  • Options
    ccoulterccoulter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's not too useful without relevant info.

What are people looking for in this correct spec?
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    It is a matter of gear spec.

If you already went for Executioner's path, then you should have lots of other traits that give crit + crit severity. Combine that with the 50% or more crit you are getting from gear, and you should stay at around 70% crit chance during a fight. This means that 7 out of 10 hits are a crit and the rest of 3 are normals.

Statistically, for a 70% crit chance: Deadly Momentum gives u 10.5% more dmg ; Nimble Blade gives only 7% more dmg.
    If you have over 60% crit chance, Deadly Momentum is better. If you have below 60%, Nimble Blade is better.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gunman wrote: »
    It is a matter of gear spec.

If you already went for Executioner's path, then you should have lots of other traits that give crit + crit severity. Combine that with the 50% or more crit you are getting from gear, and you should stay at around 70% crit chance during a fight. This means that 7 out of 10 hits are a crit and the rest of 3 are normals.

Statistically, for a 70% crit chance: Deadly Momentum gives u 10.5% more dmg ; Nimble Blade gives only 7% more dmg.
    If you have over 60% crit chance, Deadly Momentum is better. If you have below 60%, Nimble Blade is better.

hi, thx for u answer
    i think u did a little mistake btw, with 70% crit, deadly mom will exacly gives 10,5% more dmg
    nimble istead isnt a 100% proc but a 35% chance, so on 10 attacks with 7 crits and 3 hits, only one will do 20% more dmg, so in that case nimble gives 2% dmg, compared to deadly mom.
    im my case , i just hit lv 60, i have 40% crit atm, lets say i ll reach easy 50%.

10 attack, 5 crit, so (15% x5) /10 = 7.5% dmg deadly mom
    with nimble blade i have 5 hit , basically 1 or 2 of them can should proc it at 35% chance, so 2% dmg with one proc, 4% dmg with 2 proc

i know that deadly mom is applyed by duelis't flurry and it cant have a uptime of 100% vs nimble, expecially when u have to keep avoiding stuff, so that 7.5% could be reduced... but even if reduced by a 25% because of the downtime, it s still superior to nimble...