test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lock boxes

nevertoooldnevertooold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Yes I know they are here to stay.

I choose not to participate. However, the flipping things are looted by walking over them and CANNOT be discarded.

Please make the boxes either an optional loot item like they are in STO, or discardable.
Post edited by nevertooold on

Comments

• ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow. They really take up permanent bag space until used? I agree. Please give us a way to get rid of them without purchasing a key.
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • skinstonskinston Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not that upset. it gives "useful" items, like scrolls of identify. You can also sell all the items you get if you want
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you put them on the AH? May be a way to clear your inventory at least in the interim.
  • nevertoooldnevertooold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The game interface let me drag them to list them on AH.

Bad sign though; I searched for the boxes and found no listings. This could mean that they are selling instantly but there is no clue as to a starting bid value.

I bailed on listing them as it will cost astral diamonds to list them.
  • tyler23434tyler23434 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    at thebottom they say it cant be sold
  • teethxteethx Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sold to the vendor or ah or both?
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have seen them listed on the AH.

Send me the ones you don't want or list them cheap on the AH and they will be gone.
  • ravenhawk1ravenhawk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, if lock boxes can't be discarded then that is bad. I understand that they are here to stay, I understand that some people like them. However I find them to be annoying, so I'd rather have the choice to not to have them in my inventory. I understand that they are selling at the moment, but what happens when they don't sell because there is a glut in the market?
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    at the current price of 1:500 ad at the price of 125 per key it costs 62500 ad per key. (25000 if the price drops to 1:200) which means to pay for it you really need to do a lot of skirmishes ;p
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ambermaj wrote: »
    Wow. They really take up permanent bag space until used? I agree. Please give us a way to get rid of them without purchasing a key.

They stack, though. I have only found two in 12 hours of playing, but I do agree that they should have a discard option. I will get some keys, because locked things are intriguing! Yes, working as intended! :p
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got to lvl 14 on my DC yesterday, only got 1 box. Although that box contained a bunch of stuff for crafting, some ID scrolls, and an Idol I traded in for 60K AD, so I was quite happy opening it.

It also came with 10 T-Bars, but need at least 2K of those to be helpful
  • mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    They stack, though. I have only found two in 12 hours of playing, but I do agree that they should have a discard option. I will get some keys, because locked things are intriguing! Yes, working as intended! :p

phew ok, I was really worried they wouldn't.
    I'm assuming they stack to 100. Would never opening them be a problem? how many per hr of actual gameplay do you think you get?
    I have problem them taking 1 more inv splot. keep them until I trade AD for zen (when prices go way down)
  • lostime626lostime626 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what is all in the lock boxes.
  • itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you mouse over the enchanted key in the Zen shop, it will tell you what the boxes can contain as well as the rarity (color).
  • phaeriusphaerius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    They can't be discarded? Getting really bad feelings about this kind of stuff. The never ending lockbox spam in champions was annoying to no end.
  • moonmonstermoonmonster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not being discardable must be a bug ... I mean, companies like money and I have nothing against that or lockboxes, but no one in their right mind would say 'yep, what we're going to do is slowly eat up your inventory until you pay us. That will work out fine with no negative consequences whatsoever'. Is there still a bug-filing mechanism in game?
  • agash22agash22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh gosh! After I read this threat I logged in just to try and discard the 3 lockboxes I found today ... nope ... it is not possible. You can right-click on them and see the discard, but when the cursor is over the discard it tells you 'you cannot discard this item' ... :(

How is the ratio of keys to opened boxes? Can you open a lockbox with one key or is it a game of luck?
  • tigersbtigersb Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not being able to discard lockboxes must be a bug, and I will be logging it as such the next time I am in game.

If it is working as intended, then I am very disappointed in Cryptic/PWE and I believe this will have a very serious negative impact on their game.
  • awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited April 2013
    I thought you could buy lockbox keys with celestial coins? Am I mistaken or has that been changed?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hi devs

Pls fix this. Its unfair to charge for bank space then clog it with boxes. I will no doubt buy some keys but it feels a touch lowbrow to not be able to discard them. 2cents
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is probably a bug.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    agash22 wrote: »

How is the ratio of keys to opened boxes? Can you open a lockbox with one key or is it a game of luck?

Not sure what you mean here.

1 key will open 1 box, it's just a question of what is in the box.

Sometimes the box will contain some uber-rare, highly valauble, and highly useful item(s), and other times it will contain some more mundane stuff.

More of the latter than the former.

They want the boxes to always have value, but the incentive to get more people to spend more real money on keys comes from the ultra-rare high end stuff.
  • difinitusdifinitus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    skinston wrote: »
    I'm not that upset. it gives "useful" items, like scrolls of identify. You can also sell all the items you get if you want

What? You actually got useful items? All I get are very rare weapon enhancements.
    Not sure what you mean here.

They want the boxes to always have value, but the incentive to get more people to spend more real money on keys comes from the ultra-rare high end stuff.

This is where people who are willing to spend the zen for keys will make a fortune trading them.
  • natarumanataruma Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's a workaround, not a fix unfortunately, you can mail yourself the lockbox stack you have and just never claim the mail. When you get more boxes, claim the stack from mail, then remail the combined stack to yourself. Rinse, repeat.

Annoying, but at least you're not occupying an inv or bank slot for more useful items.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nataruma wrote: »
    Here's a workaround, not a fix unfortunately, you can mail yourself the lockbox stack you have and just never claim the mail. When you get more boxes, claim the stack from mail, then remail the combined stack to yourself. Rinse, repeat.

Annoying, but at least you're not occupying an inv or bank slot for more useful items.

Will it let you delete the mail with the attachment?
  • baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nope i tried it :P