test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founders Atral Diamonds used in beta gone for good?

soule666soule666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, Very basic question, If I claim and use my promo Diamonds in beta are they gone for good? or will they be back on the account when the game goes live? id assume they are character bound and I would assume these characters will be deleted so just wanna make sure I know what will happen to them before i claim them, tried to search this but didnt see any topics on this.
Post edited by soule666 on

Comments

• Options
    randomhateforumsrandomhateforums Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are gone, the game is effectively live.

All the "beta" means at this point, is expect lots of bugs. Otherwise the game is launched and live, sales are final all that good stuff.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you used them during this "beta" I would say yes, they are gone, because they are not rolling back or deleting our characters at the official "launch".
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game has launched, everything you do is for real.
  • Options
    soule666soule666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh, so thats good news thanks for the info, so these characters im working on are good and they will not being getting wiped, thanks =D makes my efforts worth it a bit more lol
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    The game has launched, everything you do is for real.

The game has not launched. The game is in open beta.

Launch & open beta are two very different things.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    zagith312zagith312 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »

When you start taking money from customers that isn't in a 'preorder' form, you have launched your game. 'Open beta' is just F2P code for 'hey guys we released this game, there are going to be bugs, but give us money mmmmk?'.
  • Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Come back to the forums after "launch" and tell me what will have changed (other then bugs fixed, which will continue to happen after launch so that doesn't count). If there is no character deletion, if there is not limits on what you can do, if you have to pay for respecs it's a launch I don't care what they call it.
  • Options
    peterfspeterfs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Someone is in a very deep state of denial. Last I checked, open beta does not mean all sales are final and credit cards are accepted.

Some people desperately defend games, as if an attack on the game is an attack on their person.

"It's not open beta you FOOL! I am normal and healthy person!"
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

please do explain the differences if you can. it seems alot of people say this but NOT 1 person can explain the difference.....very strange....
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Ha ha ha ha - well played. What a brilliantly sarcastic way of pointing out how ridiculous it is to call this Open Beta rather than a launch.

What - you are actually serious? Oh.......
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So the stuff i buy, now, will be deleted when the game officially launches? will they reset my pre order diamond count then?
  • Options
    zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2013

With any respectable company, and industry standard....this would be a live lauch. But we are talking about PWE/Crypic, who are shills and con men. They use the "open beta" so that they have an excuse to throw out for this or that not working. That is all. Otherwise, this is a totally live launch, no more character wipes, and all sales final.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • Options
    zagith312zagith312 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soule666 wrote: »
    So the stuff i buy, now, will be deleted when the game officially launches? will they reset my pre order diamond count then?

No. Everything you do now is permanent and there will be no wipes unless something goes catastrophically wrong.
  • Options
    buhadoggybuhadoggy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's both a beta and since the game is live also a launch. Good lord people the game hasn't been out for 3 weeks yet and you already cry how this game will never exit beta and how it's an excuse to steal money... Children nowadays... think they are the smartest people in the world ;)