test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Roll need or... need?

virshaxvirshax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I looked through the first five pages of posts and am sure this has been posted before, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

Why is it that class specific items can be rolled on by other classes? I have been through several dungeons that a rogue or mage has rolled on my guardian gear and the rng hates me. I hope this is something that is going to be addressed before the official release.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nimorrighannimorrighan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could agree more! They need to implement it so you cannot NEED on an items that's not for your class. If there is no one in the group who can use it, it all goes to GREED anyway.. and if that person who can NEED, doesn't want it, GREED is there for anyones taking.
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Folks can roll NEED on everything if they want to, but believe that guild chats blow up when someone does that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and they get blacklisted. Small community and word spreads quickly. Once you get tagged with a bad rep you might as well move to another shard.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    maebeknotmaebeknot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Folks can roll NEED on everything if they want to, but believe that guild chats blow up when someone does that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and they get blacklisted. Small community and word spreads quickly. Once you get tagged with a bad rep you might as well move to another shard.

Good idea but shouldn't be necessary. This is something they really need to fix. I sent an in game bug report but that was on day 2 of OB. As my friend says they are "need rolling on vendor spec".
  • Options
    vitherervitherer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree but there are some dbags out there that take it even further, too far if you ask me. I was dungeoning as a cleric, some blue belt popped up. It was max hp bonus mostly. Everybody used need. Now ROGUE (who turned out to be a party leader, how is party leadership determined in pugs anyway?...) started whining that another rogue pressed need or that I pressed need... Riiight cause I cannot have tank cleric in mind! Anyway after short talk when I explained to him that when one can use something, feel free to use need. He babbled something about courtesy, respect and smote me with his holy rage by kicking me and one cw from party when we were half way done through dungeon.

My point being, watch out for courtesy police. I agree with blocking need for if item is not for your class. Even if it is just for dungeons, but it is a required feature. Also, for pugs kicking should be voted. One idiot for a leader and you're all done. I wonder if one can kick everybody from a team right after final boss is killed so they don't get any loot...
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Sure, rolling need in a guild group will be frowned upon and have consequences. Rolling need in a PuG is a must if you want to get anything at all. Blacklisting is useless as long as you can queue for random groups.

They need to fix the loot, plain and simple.
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xaazx wrote: »
    Sure, rolling need in a guild group will be frowned upon and have consequences. Rolling need in a PuG is a must if you want to get anything at all. Blacklisting is useless as long as you can queue for random groups.

They need to fix the loot, plain and simple.

Not talking about Guild groups. Those are safe usually. I'm talking about PUGs. Nothing stops you dropping from a qued up group if you see a person thats NEEDs everything and thus making them wait longer to get another filler. Of course make sure to tell the other innocents why you are leaving and they might bail too.

And so far I've been lucky with PUGs with a majority rolling Greed on all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. There was one guy that was complaining that his bags were always full and needed more bags but didn't want to pay. 2 of the group members pointed out that he was rolling NEED on everything and causing his own problem. :p
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they need to change this. it is so easy. pw do you want me to wright the code for you wile i am at work? -.-
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not talking about Guild groups. Those are safe usually. I'm talking about PUGs. Nothing stops you dropping from a qued up group if you see a person thats NEEDs everything and thus making them wait longer to get another filler. Of course make sure to tell the other innocents why you are leaving and they might bail too.

And so far I've been lucky with PUGs with a majority rolling Greed on all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. There was one guy that was complaining that his bags were always full and needed more bags but didn't want to pay. 2 of the group members pointed out that he was rolling NEED on everything and causing his own problem. :p

Again, people are going to be people. It's proven time and time again. If you give someone a way to do something shady, they will. You can't fix people. They need to fix the system. People could care less about what others, that they will never meet in their life, think about them.

That being said, not every group is like that. I did a PuG for the hell of it last night when I usually don't and oddly enough, only 1 person rolled need on the first item and when they saw nobody else did, everything else was greeded. You can't expect to get a group like that so my suggestion would be to roll last. If everyone else needs, follow suit.
  • Options
    ninjabootfrninjabootfr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing more satisfying than booting the guy needing on everything before he can get his dd chest when you got the star
  • Options
    shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    they need to change this. it is so easy. pw do you want me to wright the code for you wile i am at work? -.-

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

Maybe instead of being a smug *******, you should read a little.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't even greed on stuff not my class in a party setting I think it's just rude. There's nothing more annoying than seeing something you legitimately need that you rolled greed on to be fair go to someone who can't use it just because they choose need. :P
  • Options
    gamithikesgamithikes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still there is the other side of ur suggestion, that ppl will abuse the rng.
    Lets say there is 1gf in the party that might not need anything that drops in that dungeon just there for fun but the rng gods give to this party gf class spicific items. Why should that guy be able to need on everything while the rest will get an auto pass?
    As i suggested on an other post, i d say make items won by need bound to the character. I know ppl will still try to ninja **** for fun or for that 1g60s on very rare items but will lower the chance ppl will just try to ninja for the ah.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    nothing more satisfying than booting the guy needing on everything before he can get his dd chest when you got the star

Decent necro, I seen better though.

3/10
  • Options
    churchilligcchurchilligc Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Usually need everything in all dungeons, as does my group and as we clearly state at the beginning. No person has more of a right to a drop than another simply because they are a particular class.